Football Manager 2012

Lineker

What determines if an appeal will work or not if a player's work permit doesn't go through?

I'm playing as Chelmsford, and I found an older striker from America who has great finishing and agreed to come play for me for peanuts, but his work permit was declined, as was my appeal. I thought my scoring woes were over. :(

To be eligible for a work permit:

• a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and
  • the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.
    Competitive matches
    The definition of a competitive 'A' team international match is a:

• World Cup Finals game;
    • World Cup Qualifying group game; and
    • Football Association confederation tournament game, for example:
      • The FIFA Confederations Cup;
      • Tthe UEFA European Championships and Qualifiers;
      • The African Cup of Nations and Qualifiers;
      • The Asia Nations Cup and Qualifiers;
      • The CONCACAF Gold Cup;
      • The CONCACAF The Copa Caribe;
      • The CONMEBOL Copa America;
      • The OFC Nations Cup and
      • The UNCAF Nations Cup

Finished my second season with West Brom. Finished with 67 points and came 8th, one point off Blackburn and Liverpool who finished 7th and 6th respectively. Also was able to win the FA Cup in a tight final against Fulham. I'd built quite a nice squad of players who I'd really enjoyed seeing grow; Callum Booth finally came good on the 3mil I spent on him and Tom Cairney was fantastic all season racking up 18 assists in 27 games.

At the end of the season both Liverpool and Chelsea managers were sacked (Chelsea came 5th). I was favourite for the job and, despite the allure of trying to get West Brom to win the Europa League, I kinda felt I'd taken them as far as I could. I've taken the Chelsea job and look forward to trying to get them back to PM winning material. I've inherited the normal squad plus Eden Hazard, Aiden McGready, Jamie O'Hara (signed for 12 mil) :mellow: and a few others.

I've agreed terms with Berbatov to get him on a free...'cos, well, why not. And now I've got a budget of 40 million or so to strengthen the squad. Hoping to win the Europa League and make a bid for the premier league title. Want to build a squad with more English players in, but they're so expensive. Everton can fuck off if they think I'm gonna pay 30 million for Rodwell.

What determines if an appeal will work or not if a player's work permit doesn't go through?

I'm playing as Chelmsford, and I found an older striker from America who has great finishing and agreed to come play for me for peanuts, but his work permit was declined, as was my appeal. I thought my scoring woes were over. :(

To be eligible for a work permit:

• a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and
  • the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.
    Competitive matches
    The definition of a competitive 'A' team international match is a:

• World Cup Finals game;
    • World Cup Qualifying group game; and
    • Football Association confederation tournament game, for example:
      • The FIFA Confederations Cup;
      • Tthe UEFA European Championships and Qualifiers;
      • The African Cup of Nations and Qualifiers;
      • The Asia Nations Cup and Qualifiers;
      • The CONCACAF Gold Cup;
      • The CONCACAF The Copa Caribe;
      • The CONMEBOL Copa America;
      • The OFC Nations Cup and
      • The UNCAF Nations Cup
      • Wow. Yeah, he's not checked any of those boxes. He was some schlub I found on some semi-pro team. Thanks for clearing all that up, Chris Beno---

Aren't those just the requirements for the initial WP application? They often get rejected immediately but then the club appeals and the committee/whoever they are pretty much go on their gut feeling. :shifty:

David Luiz had his initial WP rejected, IIRC, because he hadn't played enough international games for Brazil, but he sailed through the appeal.

Aren't those just the requirements for the initial WP application? They often get rejected immediately but then the club appeals and the committee/whoever they are pretty much go on their gut feeling. :shifty:

David Luiz had his initial WP rejected, IIRC, because he hadn't played enough international games for Brazil, but he sailed through the appeal.

I'm guessing Chelsea either suggested that he was likely to play 75% in the future over the length of his contract or they pointed out how much the UK government would earn on the VAT on 'Official Chelsea David Luiz comedy wigs'

• Like 3

I always imagined the big clubs just had to say "Look, he's going to be earning BIG CASH. This isn't an immigration scam or anything".

See, I've always imagined that the immigration control couldn't give a fuck, they just like to shoot the shit and see how difficult they can make things for everyone.

Although I've yet to come across the system in the game, cheers Gazz for the list of requirements.