Football Manager 2012

Lineker

I actually was, and have just ordered it, along with some more items I was going to buy myself.

Goodbye life for the forseeable future. Already trying to decide who to start as!

For some reason, Celtic had a goalkeeper in defence and up front, as well as a winger at right back and a striker in midfield.

They managed by Alex McLeish? :shifty:

• Like 2

10 games in with Newcastle and it's been a resounding success. 8 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat (away to Man Utd opening day). Only brought in Chris Brunt permanently and Wayne Bridge and Danny "20 Goals" Sturridge on loan. I've gone for the Chelsea style 4-1-2-2-1 formation and line-up like this.

Krul

Santon - Coloccini - Taylor - Bridge

Tiote

Cabaye - Brunt

Sturridge -------------------- Jonas

Ba

Ba has been sensational scoring almost all of my goals with 14 in 10 appearances. I'm fucked when he goes away in January. :(

Overall, I love this game. It's just as addictive as ever and it's running faster than last year, probably because of Steam, which i never used until now.

Something weird has happened. I have set up the real names fix and gotten the Metallic Logos set up on my new copy of FM12 and for some reason the relegation zones aren't highlighted in red.

This is odd.

An inexplicable 8-0 loss at Inter cost me the chance of making the knockout phase of the Champions League.

Slightly frustrating really since I won at home to Trabzonspor, suffered that smashing, lost narrowly away at CSKA, drew with them at home when I might have won, won away in Turkey and beat Inter at home.

I looked up the problem I was having with relegation spots not being highlighted. Apparently it sorts itself out after you play a few games according to the folks at SI.

So I, Aston Villa manager, is linked with the now vacant Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs posts. (Arsene, Sir Alex and Harry all retired). Liverpool's gaffer went to Arsenal, AVB left Chelsea for abroad.

So I get offered the Spurs post. Not interested. Finished above 'em anyway. Then I strongly linked with the Liverpool post, but not offered it. Then the Chelsea job is offered to me.. and now I'm tempted.

I have Tino as a scout, he's only 19/20 on mine though, I think.

Also, getting the Olypmics job and taking 4 of my squad (plus Bartley who was on loan from Arsenal and proved to be awesome) and not realising it would still be ongoing just before the season started = smart. Though, I only had Champions League qualifiers against some shit team so no biggy.

Still, my largely Scottish team (the first 11 featuring Gregg Wylde, John Fleck, Steven Naismith, David Goodwillie and Allan McGregor, plus David Templeton on the bench) smashed the group stages with Goodwillie being on fire. Made it to the final but had a lot of suspensions and tiredness and got thrashed 4-0 by the Spanish.

Started a game with Newcastle of all teams.

Started with

1-1 away at Norwich

0-0 home vs Bolton

(sendt Burton out of the LC 3-0)

1-1 home vs Fulham

0-1 away at West Brom

Things then looked pretty ugly :(. Should at least have gotten one win out of those four league games

My next two matches was Man U. home and Chelsea away.

As expected i went down in the first half against United 2-0. Then Evra got sent off after double yellow in the 63th. Then Yaya Sanogo (on loan) went nuts and scored three goals in the last 20 minutes.

Chelsea must not have liked me one bit. Both JT and Paulo Ferreira got sent off in the first half (Terry for butchering Demba Ba :( ) So i had to sub in Jay Rodriguez (who i got from Burnley) 3 goals and two assists (Yohan Cabaye netted on those).

So 6 games in. 2 won, 3 drawn and 1 lost. Im currently tied for 7th with Stoke (who i knocked out 1-0 in the LC)

Next Match is the leagues #17

Tottenham <_< they started by losing to Arsenal and Liverpool. Got a draw in Wigan. Then they lost to both Stoke and Norwich, before winning against Bolton

Edited by mikevandam