Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Just seen my name is insecure in the job centre.... somebody hug me :(

20 points from 26 games tells it's own story though, we're sat 21st and I can't figure out how to turn it around :(

Win matches :shifty:.

Give some more information and I'm sure someone can help you out.

Qualified to 1st Knockout Round in UCL with Ajax. We drew Barcelona. Started in home and went up 1-0 with Thulani Serero's goal. Then on 40th minute, Nicolas Lodeiro does this:

Resolution is shit but meh.

Then few minutes later, Anderweireld (or however he was spelled) scores on own goal right before half-time and we go down 1-2. We eventually lose the game 1-4 due to us playing like shit and Barcelona being... well Barcelona. So now I have score ATLEAST four goals on Camp Nou <_<

I also have like 5-6 players on long term injury, all with something to do with their knees. Am I doing something wrong with training? I'm using Alberto's schedules from FMFormation. Also recalled Bruno Silva from loan because was beginning to have a lack of RB's, he goes down the next day with knee injury and is out for 2 months. El Hamdaoui also don't like me because I haven't started him enough. Last time he moaned about that and I told him he'd start soon, he went away for a month to Confederations Cup. He returns, plays couple of games and busts up his knee is now out for 4 months. He'll probably bitch again soon. <_<

Just seen my name is insecure in the job centre.... somebody hug me :(

20 points from 26 games tells it's own story though, we're sat 21st and I can't figure out how to turn it around :(

Win matches :shifty:.

Give some more information and I'm sure someone can help you out.

Team can't score, leak goals for fun, has no real quality and no money at all to do anything about it. Although we are having a mini revial, 5 points from 9 and my first win in 2 months against Doncaster has taken us up to 23rd one point away from safety. I'm very absorbed in this game, I don't want to be sacked :(

Edited by Sam

Team strengths?

Weaknesses?

Formation?

Philosophy?

Are you creating chances and missing them?

Where are the goals you're conceding coming from and their assists?

Woooooooooooooooo!

Kept Coventry up :D, fantastic run of form at the end of the season, 11 points from 15 combined with Ipswich being awful means that with two games left we're safe :).

A lot of the team will be out of contract at the end of the season though and I know where to rebuild now. It seems my loan signings of Chris Wood and Robbie Brady, plus the only financial outlay in Garath McCleary was enough to keep the team up as we had a great spell of form from the closing of the transfer window onwards. So proud of my team!

Now to try and stay up again next season....

Also Burnley won the League Cup and Leicester won the FA Cup.... good year for the Championship!

Edited by Sam

I think Steve Bruce would be open to the idea. They should appoint him chairman, then get Steve Bruce in as Director of Football.

If Steve Bruce was brought in as Chairman do you think Steve Bruce would want to work for him? Conversely do you think Steve Bruce would want to bring in his own man as manager? Perhaps Steve Bruce could do the job.

Nathan Eccleston really did the business for me on loan at Barnet when I was in League Two. I was so close to being able to get him to come full time after his Liverpool contract was up but we ended up stymied over $400 pounds per week even though I had some room in my budget. Then he ended up signing for a relegated Boro for about triple what he was asking me for so I couldn't really begrudge him the move.

More recently I got an aging Aaron McLean in and he finished 3rd top scorer in League One and pretty much single-handedly kept me up.

I think Steve Bruce would be open to the idea. They should appoint him chairman, then get Steve Bruce in as Director of Football.

If Steve Bruce was brought in as Chairman do you think Steve Bruce would want to work for him? Conversely do you think Steve Bruce would want to bring in his own man as manager? Perhaps Steve Bruce could do the job.

But if Steve Bruce underperformed as manager Steve Bruce would be obligated to relieve him of his duties, then they'd have a fistfight and Steve Bruce would end up in hospital. Do you want to see that happen?

But if Steve Bruce underperformed as manager Steve Bruce would be obligated to relieve him of his duties, then they'd have a fistfight and Steve Bruce would end up in hospital. Do you want to see that happen?

Yes.

• Like 2