Football Manager 2012

Lineker

I found this guide kinda helpful with some of the rules and things, it's for FM11 though (and the thing about scouts is wrong).

My advice is keep an eye on your wage budget, I personally find I always end up having to release players due to being over the salary cap (and in this game I got caught by the gaurentee deadline so my one transfer after that date still counts towards the salary cap despite actually being under with my 30 man squad). On the plus side releasing players doesn't cost you anything!

EDIT: I just noticed I had 24 shots in that game, only 5 on target. If I can improve that then we'd be unstoppable. :pervert:

3-1 win over Portland sees us win the Western Conference Final and we'll go on to face Columbus in the final.

Gibson got to play in that match but he seems to be unregistered again now. <_<

Finished 12th in my third season at Coventry, just began the 4th season, my star young left back was sold for 1.4 million and no players want to come to my team, only youngsters are available to me when I look at the suitable players on the transfer list, so another season of free youth signings begins! The team has great potential, hoping that they don't keep getting sold off though, stupid board going over my head. On a plus side, the loan is gone so now the team can grow financially.

Finished 12th in my third season at Coventry, just began the 4th season, my star young left back was sold for 1.4 million and no players want to come to my team, only youngsters are available to me when I look at the suitable players on the transfer list, so another season of free youth signings begins! The team has great potential, hoping that they don't keep getting sold off though, stupid board going over my head. On a plus side, the loan is gone so now the team can grow financially.

Couldn't you just set their asking prices to like 6, 7 million? iirc the board won't then go over your head if 1, 2, 3 million quid bid comes in....

Where's the challenge then :P

I've grown attached to the daily struggle that is managing this team, besides one youth player goes out and I scout a new one to fill his place, I have a homegrown left back and a Brazilian boy now, granted they're not as good but give them a season and they'll be closer to his level.

When you play as a national team manager, how often, if ever do you go to watch club matches to watch/scout players for your selection? I wasn't sure if you guys ever do it at all; it seems so boring and trivial to do whenever I coach USA.

I only ever did it when I briefly started an England manager diary in the Cube, so that I could post additional updates on the matches I watched.

But for just playing the game normally, no. Fuck that noise.

I'll sometimes watch the bigger Villa games but aside from that, yeah no.

I'm having a fun game with Burnley at the moment, first game I've really gotten into with this years game. Just got them promoted after a couple of years in the Championship, lost in the play-offs in the first year to West Ham, I didn't really want to go up that soon, needed to do some re-building. Brought in guys like Joe Lewis, Lukas Jutkiewicz and Steven Davies. Lukas and Jay-Rod got 40 odd goals between them, Stanislas and Davies out wide weighing in with plenty of assists. The two years in the Championship have screwed me up a little financially though, so I'm hoping for a few seasons of surviving relegation and making money before heavy investment. Been signing plenty of youngster with potential on the cheap though, the promotion has given me much more freedom with my scouting.

Team that I'm hoping will keep me up;

Lewis

Lichaj - Amougou - Ryan Bennett - Van Aanholt

Stanislas - McCann - Cairney - S Davies

Jutkiewicz - Rodriguez

Subs: M Anderson, Edgar, Easton, Jamie Ness, Danny Graham, McKee, Abdurahmi.

Won the MLS, failed to grab a screenshot but it was wonderful! I was worried going in because Columbus had walked through to the final pretty much off the goals of Emile Renteria (including him bagging four goals to beat New York in the Eastern Conference Final). However, they did not start him - their top scorer - in this game. The team they played was rather less than threatening, including Camilo who I had traded to them at the start of the season (because he had a shit goal scoring record).

I didn't play Gibson because he was somehow unregistered for the game despite starting against Portland, and scoring, in the Western Conf. final.

We beat Columbus 4-1. Baky Koné scored after 21 seconds to give us the lead, then he score again after 30 mins, a first half hatrick was denied when he had a goal chalked off for offside. However, he did land a third 50mins in! Brad Ring got one back for them but Eric Hassli came on and scored our 4th!

So in a year I've taken Vancouver from 2012 Wildcard entrants to playoffs where they lost heavily to Columbus to MLS winners by beating Columbus heavily! :D

I ragequit on my previous savefile.

Started a new game, as Newcastle. It appeals most to me taking a decent squad and trying to make it into a major player.

Karma struck me upside the head though, much like Kharma would strike someone. Newcastle V Reserves match: Demba Ba out 4 months. FML.