Football Manager 2012

Lineker

This will have probably been answered a million times but I've only recently got the game and I can't be bothered re-reading all 43 pages. Will I be able to play this without an Internet connection given that it connects to my Steam account whenever it loads up?

This will have probably been answered a million times but I've only recently got the game and I can't be bothered re-reading all 43 pages. Will I be able to play this without an Internet connection given that it connects to my Steam account whenever it loads up?

Yeah there's an offline mode, which allows you to start Steam without connecting to the internet everytime you open it. Here's a guide: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-AGCB-2555

I'm currently having a bit of a dilemma in my current game. I'm halfway through my 3rd season with Brighton. Won promotion in my 1st season, and finished 7th in the Premier league last season. Now currently sitting in 3rd place! (Which is pretty good, considering my squad is pretty average). And I've just been offered the Chelsea job! Never been offered another job before, so was quite surprised! I now don't know what to do! >_<

Edited by destroyed

Yeah there's an offline mode, which allows you to start Steam without connecting to the internet everytime you open it. Here's a guide: https://support.stea...=3160-AGCB-2555

I'm currently having a bit of a dilemma in my current game. I'm halfway through my 3rd season with Brighton. Won promotion in my 1st season, and finished 7th in the Premier league last season. Now currently sitting in 3rd place! (Which is pretty good, considering my squad is pretty average). And I've just been offered the Chelsea job! Never been offered another job before, so was quite surprised! I now don't know what to do! >_<

Easy: 2 saves

Managed to retain the title with Rangers after only 28 games (27 wins and 1 draw), wonderful!

You know, I thought I was doing a really good job at Rangers until you posted this. I hope you lose your remaining 10 games! Heavily! And win no more trophies!

You'll be pleased to learn I eventually did lose in game 34 to Inverness. That went along with draws to St Mirren and Aberdeen. 35 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss, 89 goals and 13 against. Managed to snag various player awards and got 9 of my team in the team of the season. Annoyingly, I went out in the quarters of the Europa to Porto. The final was at Celtic Park so that would have been a nice place to win.

My goalie managed to concede only 25 goals in his 59 appearances over the season with 37 clean sheets. Pretty good considering we played the likes of Barca, Leverkusen, Shakhtar, Fiorentina and Porto in our European games. Shame he has a release clause of 18m and the sharks are already circiling. Annoyingly, he wants like 90 grand a week to take a contract with a minimum fee of say 30-40m in it. In fact, when negotiating a new contract, he insists on a minimum fee of 9m!

EDIT: The old Gazz tactic of spunking more cash at him and his agent did the trick, 1.5m a piece and he's now on 59 grand a week which is about three times what everyone else earns. I am on about a third of my wadge budget though for I am a massive cheating bastard and have amassed nearly 80m.

Aston Villa just got taken over by a German businessman and are said to have unfathomable riches and have a worldwide reputation. Unfortunately, their manager is listed as very secure. <_<

I would suspect not. :shifty:

Think I should get nicely mid-table in the BSP this season even though I'm only required to avoid relegation. The main thing I find annoying at this level is everyone's insistance on only signing 1 year contracts, making the annual process of trying to renew them all even more aggravating than normal. Plus I just lost a few good players by them 'deciding to leave' at a moment's notice.

June 2020

England win EURO 2020, beating Belgium 2-1 thanks to an 88th minute winner from Chris Smalling.

The next day...

The FA sacks England manager Mike Phelan due to 'underperformance'.

Two weeks later...

The FA appoints former Blackburn and Man Utd defender Henning Berg as England manager.

Berg's previous managerial highlight was leading FC Twente to 7th in the Dutch league...

:huh: