Football Manager 2012

Lineker

He didn't get back into the national team till he was 35, which just proves that FM picks national squads on reputation, not ability.

Bit like England in that respect. :shifty:

Also who was the biggest "name" aside from Messi to play for them?

James Perch played for them for two seasons in the Championship. :shifty:

There aren't any real big name players because they only became a top club when most of the database were regens, though they have 12 internationals in the team at the minute, but mostly for minor nations like Estonia, Norway and Wales.

They did have a midfielder, Jacob Donovan, who they sold to Norwich for £6.75m who has gone on to play for England.

My team really gets carless when playing NASL teams away. I, in part, blame myself for tinkering with tactics against Montreal and Edmonton but they both have managed to hit us early with goals, two in fact. We got two goals back when I brought Koné on and changed to our usual 4-1-2-2-1 away formation.

I think the only way you'd need luck is if the only way you were getting Messi was in 2031 on a free transfer from Thurrock.

Meanwhile, my Barnsley team capitulated in grand fashion in the second half of the season in League 2 but still managed to go up by about 10 points. We must have drawn or lost 75% of the fixtures from February onwards, twas horrible.

Stupid international call ups/up coming World Cup/injuries ruining my squads awesomeness.

I've lost Sean Johnson, Freddy Adu, Andy Najar and Juan Agudelo to the national team. I've lost Alston, Rewani and Anthony Wallace to injury (leaving me with two fit full backs). Brad Davis injured his hip with the national team too leaving me currently with just an inexperienced twenty year old as my only AMC and another inexperienced left winger to act as cover.

After my 5 years at Chelsea, I went to Bayern for a season and won the Bundesliga before returning back to the Prem with Spurs. Basically sold a bunch of players and replaced them....And so far this season the players I sell end up having stormers against me when I play them :( Frustrating

mad.gif Andy Najar, DC United superstar!

On that note, started up a DC United game, and I'm going well so far, which I'm pleased about. Branko Boskovic was absolutely dominating, getting the first 3 MotM's before going down for 5 weeks with a twisted ankle crying.gif

Been struggling hard in the BSP so far with Truro. We are just barely out of relegation and after managing to upet Newport we lost (After a 1-0 lead) to Aldershot in the FA Cup. I've been adding guys over the year to try and get us better but we seem incapable of getting draws. We either win or lose. On the plus side my Under 18 team is leading their group and is in Round 4 already. They only have one competitive loss (2-1 against Cardiff) and one draw (0-0 vs. Swindon). Hopefully a good sign for the future if I can keep these guys around.

I also somehow ended up with 7-8 different nationalities for my starters although they almost all speak English (Or French oddly enough...)

Recalled one of our players on loan at AIK in Sweden because the AMC I had covering for Adu was shit. We won the Canadian Championship though beating Edmonton 1-0 at BC Place 3-2 on aggregate.

Eric Hassil became a Canadian citizen and wants to play for Canada, he has to wait 2 years before he can and he's already 33. It'll probably happen too. :lol:

I feel like doing a variation on Gazz's Messi Experiment where I give every EPL team a 'Messi' and see which clubs' seasons improve/decline over a year.

But Newcastle have already got 6? :shifty:

While I was waiting for 2012 to get here after seeing what Gazz did I did something like than on 2011, but put 20 of the best players in the world at 10 conference north and 10 conference south teams for 20 years. No one made it to the premiership, but Messi got to league one and Aguero and Ronaldo got to league two! Everyone else managed to get relegated from the north/south league at least once.

West Ham have offered $8.5 million (I think about £5.3 million) for Juan Agudelo. He's away on international duty (like half my first XI <_<), played only eight times and scored no goals for us. I'm willing to take the hit and try and bring in someone new.