Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Screenshots of Wilson Morelo and his fine, fine goalscoring!

IqJur.jpg

DD40a.jpg

gRGKI.jpg

Z4L9J.jpg

He's trailed off a bit in the scoring 2-3 per game in the last two games I played but 1-0 wins over Columbus in the League and New York in the CCL have qualified us for the next rounds of both competitions.

Then Morelo got suspended for the away leg against Monterray because he does like the yellow cards.

Has anyone else seen the game joke about "'Football Manager' applicants" when news comes up about speculating over a managers future/who might replace him? Because I saw one today.

Has anyone else seen the game joke about "'Football Manager' applicants" when news comes up about speculating over a managers future/who might replace him? Because I saw one today.

Yeah I often see it for more middling teams, just completed an unbeaten season as Inter Milan, 28 wins, 10 draws, 0 losses, 94 points, plus a Champions League final against Real Madrid on it's way as a chance to complete the treble. Haven't played a game as a glory team for a while and it's been quite fun winning trophies by playing an attacking style rather than having to adjust my tactics to try and stun higher opposition.

I don't know why, it's not like I've ever applied for an actual managers job...

in the Premiership. :shifty:

oh my god this no more than 6 foreign players in the starting lineup is a pain. I can't put up with more than a season of this.

Oh and seemingly two Scottish Cups, a couple of games managing Jamaica and a month apiece at Bologna and Rubin Kazan is enough to be offered the Brazil and Argentina jobs! But which to take? :/

Football Manager has a horrible sense of humour.

Pearce gets the England job.

Bruce gets the u21 job.

Wise gets the u20 job.

Every

single

game

• Like 2

I may have said this before but it needs reiterating.

There are no right midfielders in Africa.

I've got defensive midfielders, goalkeepers and strikers coming out me eyeballs, but can I find a single right midfielder who isn't completely and utterly terrible to back up my current choice?

No chance.

Bit of a defensive dilemma. Just going into my second season at Arsenal and I thought I'd got my CB's sorted out, sold Djourou and Squillaci then promoted Bartley to fourth choice behind Vermaelen, Koscielny and Mertesacker. Then Man City get in contact and offer me £13.5m worth of Vincent Kompany for £9.5m! Big fan of the bloke in real life and I'd love to sign him, but do I need him? If I do sign him, one of Koscielny or Mertesacker would have to go, so which would it be? They both performed solidly first season but my first choice CB partnership in my first season was Verm and Kos.

Any opinions?

Bit of a defensive dilemma. Just going into my second season at Arsenal and I thought I'd got my CB's sorted out, sold Djourou and Squillaci then promoted Bartley to fourth choice behind Vermaelen, Koscielny and Mertesacker. Then Man City get in contact and offer me £13.5m worth of Vincent Kompany for £9.5m! Big fan of the bloke in real life and I'd love to sign him, but do I need him? If I do sign him, one of Koscielny or Mertesacker would have to go, so which would it be? They both performed solidly first season but my first choice CB partnership in my first season was Verm and Kos.

Any opinions?

You could always buy him and throw him in defensive mid if you use one?

The guy is a dominant center back but even more dominant between midfield and defense as an anchorman, his skills are perfect for that.

For center back though, you do not need him and he will only cut into the playing time of Vermaelen, Kos and Mertesacker and that will mean someone will end up being pissed off. And to sign a great defender for 4th choice is a bit too much on the nutty side.

If you need a good/great DM then he can be your man, for CB you would have to share time between 4 guys.

Any opinions?

You could always buy him and throw him in defensive mid if you use one?

The guy is a dominant center back but even more dominant between midfield and defense as an anchorman, his skills are perfect for that.

For center back though, you do not need him and he will only cut into the playing time of Vermaelen, Kos and Mertesacker and that will mean someone will end up being pissed off. And to sign a great defender for 4th choice is a bit too much on the nutty side.

If you need a good/great DM then he can be your man, for CB you would have to share time between 4 guys.

I decided to get Kompany and flog off Mertesacker to Juventus as he was the least consistent out of him and Kos last season. I could play him as DM, but I'm happy with Song atm, and I've got two good young back-ups in Coquelin and Frimpong.

Played Columbus in the Western Conference Semi-Finals, after they got through the Wild Card. We won the first leg 2-1. Then won the second leg 6-5 on aggregate (4-4 on the night) thanks to a 121st minute Eric Hassli goal!

In the other semis LA came back from a 3-2 loss to Seattle by winning 6-1 in the second leg to set up a Vancouver vs. LA Galaxy final at a snow covered BC Place. I've never lost to LA and....

I still haven't! We won 3-1 thanks to goals from our center backs Romario Mendes (7th of the season) and Gale Agbosoumende (fifth of the season) and a Darron Gibson goal. All coming from Freddy Adu corners, Adu has over 20 assists this season, it's amazing.

Now we have to face DC Untied in the MLS Cup Final. The worrying thing is that we've never beaten DC. They're the last team to beat us in the MLS and the last team to beat us at BC Place as it turns out (lost to them towards the end of the 2012 season, apparently we went the entire 2014 season unbeaten at home). At least Andy Najar should be fit for the game.

Also, last I looked we'd played 47 games, scored 111, conceded just 36. That was before the second leg of the Western Conference Semi though.

Seems that no one great wants to come to Aston Villa despite us winning the league all of a sudden. How shocking. Need a new MC in a "run around a lot and chip in with some goals" mould (ala Ramires, for example) to give Delph some competition for/rest from his spot...and am currently finding very little to draw me away from spending an awful lot of money on Ross Barkley.

Although given that the board's default suggestion for my next season's objective was "secure Europa League qualification through the league", I guess they don't believe it was much more than a fluke either. <_<