Football Manager 2012

Lineker

My new game is bugged. Liverpool have won 6 and drawn 1 of their opening 7 games.

Liverpool.

Andy Carrol has scored frequently for them.

Andy Carroll.

Bugged.

• Like 1

In mine Carroll and Downing are unhappy and want to leave, Gerrard has been dropped to the reserves and Kuyt is captain.

Also because I didn't apply Avram Grant is the manager. Dalglish won the league in 2014 or 2013 though with Suarez and Leandro Damião getting ALL the goals. Finished fourth in 2014/15 (due to an Arsenal resurgence Liverpool/United/City got trumped by them for the title by I think five points) but Leandro and Suarez got 67 goals combined still.

Sometimes I get bored, and fire up a free agent game. They're just fun to do, and I mostly go for youth players, so it gets quite challenging especially when up against the usual suspects.

Anyway, I decided to add experience to this game through Papiss Cisse. And 28 goals in 22 league games later, I'm in love.

• Like 1

Bloody DC United continue to be our bogie team. We lost 3-2 to them away from home. The whole defence had a shocker bar Lichaj.

Time to start a new game of FM now I've finished uni for the year. Either going to start a game in the MLS, Lower League/Blue Square team in England or a completely random lower league foreign team. I hate the start of a game in deciding who to go and preseason :(

Started unemployed and went to Gold Coast United on a one year deal.... Decided to go against my usual sensible self on FM and well decided to sign Rivaldo for 70k and get Guti and Sol Campbell on free transfers to the club. The standard in the team is pretty crap so these are actually going to be good signings despite the financial concern with Guti who is my marquee signing and the age concerns of Rivaldo/Campbell

So, I got the game earlier in the week and I have to say it is fantastic, a great step up from FM'11. After a trial game as Bayern to get the hang of things, I've started a journeyman game and ended up in the Challenge League in Switzerland with Delemont. Difficult division, 16 teams, 5 get relegated, first goes up automatically, second goes into a playoff game with the penultimate team in the top division. To start off you have no money to spend, already over wage budget, expected to get relegated and only have one coach. I've managed to find one coach that is willing to work cheap enough to bring in (Apparently nobody in Switzerland works for less than £600 p/w even if they're working part-time), promoted a few youth players to the main squad to bolster the ranks, although they're only really desperate cover and we're in fifth in the league after just beating St. Gallen, who should have destroyed us. My narrow 5-3-2 formation accompanied by having a ridiculously narrow but long pitch has made us difficult to break down at home, on the road we can get sloppy but only a couple of defeats so far. Doubt we'll get promotion and pretty much everyone's contract is up at the end of the year, so it doesn't look like things will get any easier.