Football Manager 2012

Lineker

After a massive win away at PSV, we're still a real sniff at winning the title with six games to play. Also into the final four of the Dutch Cup - play non-league side Veendam in the semis and could play the winner of Helmond Sport and Utrecht. Gotta be favourites to win from here.

As you can see, we score goals for fun but the defence is very leaky. Won't get any better with captain Ron Vlaar set to miss two months with a torn groin. He's a great player, but that's eight injuries he's suffered during matches this season. Getting very annoying.

Screenshot2012-06-19at102357PM.png

Bit shit for my old side who looked destined for playoffs, but they aren't as bad as GAE at least!

Kuyt meanwhile has been very good and worth the €15,000 a week he's being paid. We stopped Arsenal from snatching him in the summer transfer window, but he's been so good splitting his time between the right and up front. Scored 14 in 31 matches and has laid off another 12. Was enough to earn him a Dutch recall, and he's now represented Holland 105 times all up.

Can anyone explain the becoming eligible for a national side thing?

Kevin Alston has become a Canadian citizen and would like to play for Canada but he has to have lived in Canada five years. I assume that is five years including the three he has already lived in Canada? Because otherwise he won't be capable of playing for Canada until he is in his 30s.

Can anyone explain the becoming eligible for a national side thing?

Kevin Alston has become a Canadian citizen and would like to play for Canada but he has to have lived in Canada five years. I assume that is five years including the three he has already lived in Canada? Because otherwise he won't be capable of playing for Canada until he is in his 30s.

You are correct. There should be a page in his profile which lists how long he's got to go before being eligible.

There was defiantly one for how long until he qualifies for citizenship but I haven't seen one for when he will able to play for the national team.

Since I am also Candian national team manager this is relevant to my interests.

Out of curiosity, does everyone here lose enthusiasm for games when it's dominated by regens? On of my friends thinks this, but I'm the opposite, I love seeing them some develop into world beaters before my eyes and others just not making the grade, then following their career after that. Love some of my regens at the moment.

carazinhooverviewprofil.png

fuscaoverviewprofile.png

diegollanosoverviewprof.png

emilianopassarellaoverv.png

federicomestichelliover.png

jacaroverviewprofile.png

neioverviewprofile.png

guillermovillarrealover.png

volodymyryakovenkooverv.png

Never been able to put together such a quality group of regens like that before, they're all approaching their prime now too.

Building a bit of a South American dynasty and it's the first time I've ever started a keeper under the age of 20 too. Mestichelli is the reigning Balon D'or winner and all my Argentinians are 2018 World Cup winners too.

So yeah, I heart regens!

There was defiantly one for how long until he qualifies for citizenship but I haven't seen one for when he will able to play for the national team.

As soon as he takes Canadian citizenship he should be eligible.

Shane Long has scored two hat-trick's in the past 5 days for Ireland, but his second hat-trick was overshadowed by this prick scoring the best hat-trick of goals ever in the history of anything. Seriously all 3 were amazing goals and he's not even real!

5i4Ke.jpg

Question: Does squad registration re-open during the transfer windows?

I basically signed a free agent (Guti) out of sheer convenience and want to know if he can at least contribute to the campaign.

Worst case scenario, I'll have him tutor someone.

That's not what the game says :/

Evson went off injured. I hope he's okay. He is my anchor man!

Edit: he's out for seven weeks. This leaves a space open for my new guy Zah Rahan Kamara who isnt that far off Evson abilty wise and is only 19 while Evson is 25.

Through to the group stage of the Europa League with a 6-3 aggregate win over Roma. We have Olympiakos, Club Brugge and Torino in our group which is doable. Elsewhere, Fulham seem to have been taken over by a fairly rich guy and have finished third and second in their last two years.

That's not what the game says :/

Evson went off injured. I hope he's okay. He is my anchor man!

Edit: he's out for seven weeks. This leaves a space open for my new guy Zah Rahan Kamara who isnt that far off Evson abilty wise and is only 19 while Evson is 25.

He's not been capped by his original nationality? Maybe he's been declared for his nation therefore you can't call him up.

Yeah, he has to declare for Canada before you can call him up right? Isn't there an option where you can talk to him and ask him to consider playing for Canada? I dunno, I haven't been an international manager for like 3 years :/