Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Glenn Roeder is ruining all the good work I did at Wrexham and now Steve McClaren is doing his best to finish the job :( The fuckers are gonna get them relegated

That is why I'm afraid to leave Vancouver. A new manager will come in and sell or trade players a lot more readily than I do and they'll go backwards. It seems to always happen .

Although my old side MK Dons managed to stay in the Championship doing great escapes for two years until they eventually got relegated.

Things Alan Shearer did to 'improve' the back-to-back Premier League title-winning Aston Villa squad:

* Selling the central defensive partnership of Ciaran Clark and Jaroslav Cizek and replacing them with...one player. On loan. Bruno Martins Indi (currently of Feyenoord IRL).

* Selling strikers Nicklas Bendtner and Ricky van Wolfswinkel for pennies (£5.5m and £2.9m respectively) in order to splurge £20m on Connor Wickham. Rasmus Jonsson (2015/16 Supporters' Player of the Year, runner up in 2015/16 English Player of the year) is shunted off to the reserves and makes precisely two appearances for the first team in two years.

* Releases Cheick Tioté (aged 30) on a free. ON A FUCKING FREE.

Aston Villa finish sixth for the next two seasons in a row. And in eerily Liverpool-esque fashion, their only silverware comes from a League Cup win which I presume they have to pretend is an achievement.

I just really, really wanted to slap Shearer. So hard.

No, once it's installed and connected, you can play using offline mode.

Thanks for telling me. Just tried it then with the net shut off and was all :w00t: I can play it when I'm not at home which is good.

I haven't played the Football Manager games since 2008. So this was a massive new look for me when I started it up and I am very impressed with it and how detailed and in control you are.

Decided to try out my first match as LA Galaxy and we won 4-1. So I hope to get used to it all in a few days and start playing proper on it

Conor Clifford - torn hamstring

Evson - strained knee ligaments

Kevin Wheeldon - fuck knows but for some reason got injured in a reserve game I did not know he was set to play.

That, gentlemen, is three out of my central midfielders.

Leaving me with: Blair Gavin - who is pretty much last first choice CM standing and Kamara the young Liberian DM going into this CL final first leg with Santos Laguna. I had to play Freddy Adu in CM rather than as a winger like I normally do at away games. We were hammered in midfield a lot but our defence was awesome and kept a clean sheet.

Sadly, Morelo had a goal disallowed <_< so we go into the second leg at home, with eveything to play for, and me thinking my midfield is torn to shit.

Then I remember that Joe Bryan, a young Irish CM that joined last season was on loan at our Prospects team because I didn't have the international spot free. But Kev Alston turning Canadian freed that up! So Bryan is back on the main roster!

This game better not try and kill more of my boys.

It looks like a Christmas tree.

How do I get the game to play on windowed mode, BTW?

There's a lot of space between the full backs avid the centre backs. I don't know why but the concept of that bothers me.

So I got tired of bumming around in the lower leagues after my SPARTANS got promoted again (into league 2), but my squad is almost unrecognisable and Pablo Counago is out (again) with a calf injury. So I retired that guy due to lack of jobs available, opened up all the leagues and simmed to the end of the season. I decided to stick in England though and have taken the Chelsea job for the year, just to see what happens.

Slow start but absolutely firing on all cylinders now with my first barca-esque tactic which has me beating Arsenal 5-0 but losing 4-3 to Spurs. No problems scoring (Torres is on 24 goals for 18 appearances and Jelavic and Cavani have each got around 7-10 goals) but trying to buy Thiago Silva because Jagielka/Luiz/Terry aren't cutting it at the back for some reason. Had a weak spot at RB all season with Maxi-Pereira already being here (Only purchase I made was Eden Hazard and two young lads with 3 and a half star potential).

Drogba, Essien and Ivanovic are all loitering around the reserves amongst some other current Chelsea guys (Romeu for instance) so trying to clear them all out except Drog who is retiring in 4 months.

Sold a few guys still around like Turnbull, Malouda and trying to offload Raul Meireles now. Tried getting rid of Kalou at the start of the season, no one wanted him and he found himself in my starting 11. Somehow he's become a permanent fixture scoring 9 times this season in all competitions and forcing me into tough decisions as he managed to get in ahead of Cavani AND Torres at one stage.

Loving this season though and hoping to get a double or a treble before I fuck off to an almost relegated italy/spain side next season.

Yeah, the space is because I need to defend against crosses. I imagine Pique and Bennett would spread out when necessary.

And now, my unorthodox formations and tactics are meeting their first stiff test. Forget the Champion's League, the title everyone wants to win is the prestigious DON'S FLOUR CO WORLD TROPHY.

Barca v Granollers, Man U vs DAMM. This draw was TOTALLY not rigged or anything. >_>

Also, a game-related question.....has anyone who plays with Barca know a good date to schedule a friendly in the first year of the game (assuming no losses in cup competition)? I owe a Brazilian team a friendly after puuchasing a defender from them (I was paranoid I'd get outbidded by Juventus so I threw in the friendly clause.)

So after a LONG run of him being injured, then going into reserve matches for fitness only to be re-injured, I finally get James Vaughn to play.

He helps snap my long losing streak with a satisfying 1-0 home win.

Against Chelsea.

And suddenly getting out of relegation seems a lot less of a task.

I've just looked over the English leagues in my game. It's tr end of the 2015/2016 season for them and Bury have been relegated out of the BSP having started out in League 2. AFC Wimbledon have won promotion to League 1. Nottingham Forrest if they're not lucky will go down to League 2 as well and see Notts County go above them into League 1. While Ipswich are in with a about of automatic promotion still in the Championship. And Huddersfield have an outside play off chance.

In the Premier league Arsenal under Tony Pulis are back to back champions. Villa and Chelsea are battling it out for forth with Spurs and Liverpool battling for sixth. Wolves had a top four push but they dropped off terribly.

Arsenal failed to do the double in 2016 losing to Villa but are in the final again against Championship Bolton. QPR and Norwich have won Carling Cups and Wolves have won two.

In Scotland, Dundee United have finished well off pace and failed to defend their SPL crown.

Chelsea are in the hunt for a third Champions League in a row (which Barca had done from 2011-13 beating United in back to back finals).

Both Bordeaux and Sedan in France have had tycoon take overs so things might get fun there.

I haven't paid attention to outside of MLS and Vancover much. I'm hoping for wacky things to happen. I think things are going to start from 2016 on.