Wrestling Manager?

Tyrone

Guest jaywhyte

A game like this is perfect for the medium.

I'm not sure I agree. I, as do many others, like to book things in advance and/or have a fairly large text document/spreadsheet which covers pretty much everything thats happening in your save. That just isn't really feasible on a handheld... Unless they bring in something to help you plan alongside this game then I won't even give it another look.

Exactly. Perfect for the "medium" isn't what this is either. This game is going to need as many people as possible and I'm sorry but you're not going to find that on people using their Androids/IPhones/Blackberry's. Some people use their phone to actually just call/text and could careless about the other crap.

A game you can buy for $40 on your PC and have it there to play at anytime will beat out a game on a small screen phone any single day. Angry Birds got their start on phones but a wrestling sim is definitely not going to pass for something an average gamer is going to enjoy. Just take a look at how many wrestling fans are there to how many people just enjoy playing games. Hell, my mom would play games on her phone but she isn't going to play a wrestling game I can guarantee that.

A game like this is perfect for the medium.

I'm not sure I agree. I, as do many others, like to book things in advance and/or have a fairly large text document/spreadsheet which covers pretty much everything thats happening in your save. That just isn't really feasible on a handheld... Unless they bring in something to help you plan alongside this game then I won't even give it another look.

Exactly. Perfect for the "medium" isn't what this is either. This game is going to need as many people as possible and I'm sorry but you're not going to find that on people using their Androids/IPhones/Blackberry's. Some people use their phone to actually just call/text and could careless about the other crap.

A game you can buy for $40 on your PC and have it there to play at anytime will beat out a game on a small screen phone any single day. Angry Birds got their start on phones but a wrestling sim is definitely not going to pass for something an average gamer is going to enjoy. Just take a look at how many wrestling fans are there to how many people just enjoy playing games. Hell, my mom would play games on her phone but she isn't going to play a wrestling game I can guarantee that.

And some people like to play games as well. There has been a demand for such a thing in the past on these very forums. I also don't see the use for additional things to keep track of events since I've always been able to keep it all in my head. The only thing needed was the past card function. If you don't play games on your phone,don't have a phone or need a journal to play a booking game then oh well, this game probably isn't for you isn't for you.

Well that isn't true is it. EWR is better. It's a working game that still has a fanbase (nearly) a decade later. Your game is currently some screenshots, promises and a release date of "soon".

I don't want to get into a debate over which game is "better". People that haven't played both games can't really make an informed decision just yet.

If you play both games and still think EWR is better, that's absolutely fine with me, let us know what we can do to improve and we'll do our best. Adam started making the franchise 16 years ago so he's had a long time to tweak and improve things. All I ask is that you wait until you try it before you decide which game you enjoy the most. After all, Wrestling Manager isn't trying to compete with EWR. It's on a completely different platform, it's designed differently and it's just a good game that EWR fans will hopefully really enjoy.

Ok. Can I play your game now? No. So right now EWR is better - because it exists.

But at least it's still better than MDickie's games because people want it to exist.

• Like 5

I gotta agree with Summ here. But another question, when it releases on the mobile phones, is the price for the game on the markets going to be free like Angry Birds or is their an amount we would have to pay before we can actually play the game? As for releasing it on PC, is it going to be free like EWR or will we have to buy it like the TEW series? Thirdly, how in the hell would you even convert it to put in on the consoles, such as PS3 and Xbox 360?

The best thing you can do for yourself and your game is to back out of this thread and come back to us when you have some sort of beta to be released. Until then people like me, Summers or anyone who has been here for any length of time can't take it seriously because like I mentioned earlier we get a couple of people like you every year. They each claim to have a new game coming but those games never materialize. They ALL talk a big game too like you are doing right now with your talk of multiple platform release. How about just getting it out there on just one first? If you get a game released and it is good, you'll get credit for it. Until then this talk is meaningless when you can't even give us a time frame for when your game will be released.

Edit: Edited to fix spelling errors.

Edited by sahyder1
  • Like 1

The best thing you can do for yourself and your game is to back out of this thread and come back to us when you have some sort of beta to be released. Up until people like me, Summers or anyone who has been here for any length of time can't take it seriously because like I mentioned earlier we get a couple of people like you every year. They each claim to have a new game coming but those games never materialize. They ALL talk a big game too like you are doing right now with your talk of multiple platform release. How about just getting it out there on just one first? If you get a game released and it is good, you'll get credit for it. Until thin this talk is meaningless when you can't even give us a time frame for when your game will be released.

I don't often say this, but I agree with sahyder.

Hi,

We have a system that lets you plan all of your future wrestling events in advance and likewise you can look back at the events you did in the past.

As for the fairly large text document you referred to. That made me chuckle a little because I'm exactly the same as you. I tend to have pieces of paper for planning and spreadsheets/notepad open. We did look at the idea of building a note taking feature right into the game but to be honest we decided to prioritise other features first because every iPhone comes with a 'Notes' application and all you have to do to switch to 'Notes' from within the game is double tap the main button on the front of the iPhone, then tap Notes. To get back to the game you just double click the button again and tap Wrestling Manager and you are right back to where you were.

Does that seem like an adequate solution to your problem?

I don't.

Sure, there are a lot of threads here about people inquiring about EWR on a mobile platform. However, there are also threads from "game designers" (both actual and not-so-much) promoting forthcoming games that never arrived. Granted, it's an exciting prospect I suppose, but people would be wise to not invest that much hope or anticipation in its release. Not to be rude, but I think Serious Parody's best course of action regarding defending his/her game's criticism would be to spend his/her time completing it and posting here about it.

Until then, I have a hard time taking it seriously.

• Like 1

It would. And to be fair i'm glad you've said the feature is available. Problem is only a certain amount of people own an iPod touch (i dont but my GF does), and only a small handful of those people use it as a proper gaming device, and out of that small handful of iPod gamers will you find few, very few, who will be interested in the game anyway. With regards to phones some of us use them only for calls and texts.

Real world iPod/phone gamers play games like Bubble Bobble or something while traveling, or during work breaks. Some may be dedicated to the game (and I feel a game like this deserves the dedication of its player) but overall i'm not sure the platform could ever really be the right choice for this sort of the game.

I know you have plans to expand but unless you bring in (in your own words) 50% of your financial investment you won't even try to put it on other platforms. Well, that right there is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Cross platform should be your #1 priority in my opinion. Regardless.

Ok. Can I play your game now? No. So right now EWR is better - because it exists.

Wrestling Manager is in production in Dundee Scotland. If you would like to come and take it for a test drive, we'd be more than happy to book you in and we'd take your feedback on board.

There's not a lot I can do about the people who have let you all down in the past. So if you are too jaded to believe there is a new game coming, even when I'm showing screen shots and we've had interviews with some of the wrestling media - well that's fine. When the game is released, hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. For the time being though, we are trying to raise awareness of the game and we are offering people a chance to give us their thoughts on what stats each wrestler should have for the final build.

The reason I'm posting in here, is because somebody made a thread about our game and I'm extremely grateful to that person so I thought it would be a good idea to come chat with you guys because believe it or not, we are making this game for hardcore wrestling game fans like you.

we are trying to raise awareness of the game and we are offering people a chance to give us their thoughts on what stats each wrestler should have for the final build.

I'm not sure we can help you with stats for a guy named The Overtaker. :blush:

Edited by Manifest

It would. And to be fair i'm glad you've said the feature is available. Problem is only a certain amount of people own an iPod touch (i dont but my GF does), and only a small handful of those people use it as a proper gaming device, and out of that small handful of iPod gamers will you find few, very few, who will be interested in the game anyway. With regards to phones some of us use them only for calls and texts.

Real world iPod/phone gamers play games like Bubble Bobble or something while traveling, or during work breaks. Some may be dedicated to the game (and I feel a game like this deserves the dedication of its player) but overall i'm not sure the platform could ever really be the right choice for this sort of the game.

I know you have plans to expand but unless you bring in (in your own words) 50% of your financial investment you won't even try to put it on other platforms. Well, that right there is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Cross platform should be your #1 priority in my opinion. Regardless.

It's not that we won't try, it's that we won't be able to try for quite a while because we won't be able to afford it.

Our company finances are currently tied up in 2 games right now. Wrestling Manager and a console game. The console game won't be out for another year so we won't see any income from that for quite a while. If we don't make enough money back from Wrestling Manager, then we won't be able to port it to other devices until we make some money back on the console game. As for the amount of wrestling fans who own an iPhone/iPod/iPad and will play a wrestling management game. - I agree that there probably aren't too many of us out there but I think there will be enough for us to make half the investment back.

We are willing to take a loss on this game because we want to build a reputation among the hardcore wrestling game fans as a company who make good wrestling games, so that when we release the console title, we will have your support.

Wrestling Manager is in production in Dundee Scotland. If you would like to come and take it for a test drive, we'd be more than happy to book you in and we'd take your feedback on board.

There's not a lot I can do about the people who have let you all down in the past. So if you are too jaded to believe there is a new game coming, even when I'm showing screen shots and we've had interviews with some of the wrestling media - well that's fine. When the game is released, hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. For the time being though, we are trying to raise awareness of the game and we are offering people a chance to give us their thoughts on what stats each wrestler should have for the final build.

The reason I'm posting in here, is because somebody made a thread about our game and I'm extremely grateful to that person so I thought it would be a good idea to come chat with you guys because believe it or not, we are making this game for hardcore wrestling game fans like you.

1)define wrestling media? Because most of us don't think of most of the people who call themselves the wrestling media very highly.

2) screenshot for a text based game does very little to prove anything.

3) I just went to your website and saw that you mention that the game was supposed to be released in the summer but wasn't and your posts here yet haven't indicated a targeted release date either.

4)what will the console game be about?

Edited by sahyder1

To be honest... Based in Dundee and with people involved from Psygnosis (probably butchered) and... DMA? - the people behind the old school GTAs - I'd say this has a chance of being a real. A lot of developers from yesteryear prefer to code for the iPhone systems and there's a lot of people who play games on them.

I'm not saying that this game's definately going to happen but it seems to have a little more to it then a lot of the crap we get on here. It could all be bullshit he's spouting but I'll give them a chance. Keep us posted and if it does happen I'll at least give a demo a look at.

We'll send someone from out Scottish Division to check it out.

BTW, it was a serious off.

If someone from here would like to visit us and check out the game email dan@serious-parody.com

As was my reply. We have Scottish members.

• Like 1

To be honest... Based in Dundee and with people involved from Psygnosis (probably butchered) and... DMA? - the people behind the old school GTAs - I'd say this has a chance of being a real. A lot of developers from yesteryear prefer to code for the iPhone systems and there's a lot of people who play games on them.

I'm not saying that this game's definately going to happen but it seems to have a little more to it then a lot of the crap we get on here. It could all be bullshit he's spouting but I'll give them a chance. Keep us posted and if it does happen I'll at least give a demo a look at.

Like I said before, if we see a semi polished finished product I'll give him credit. But when the website is claiming that the "game is close to finish" while also apologizing that the game is not already out like he presumably had said earlier would happen. For the heck of it I Googled this "Red Radiant Media" company that is supposedly working with him and their twitter, Facebook and website have next to nothing on them.