The X Factor 2011

Lineker

If Little Mix win, I get £184.50. So c'mon Little Mix. >_>

Wish I'd made that bet in retrospect. Everyone had them pegged to go out in week one, being the girl band and all.

Final's on right now. Pretty pointless as the votes from last night have probably already determined the winner.

Wish I'd made that bet in retrospect. Everyone had them pegged to go out in week one, being the girl band and all.

Final's on right now. Pretty pointless as the votes from last night have probably already determined the winner.

This.

Never did quite understand the reasoning behind it, just reset them after the Saturday show.

This.

Never did quite understand the reasoning behind it, just reset them after the Saturday show.

It's not like anyone votes for Marcus yesterday then thinks, oh shit, I prefer Little Mix. Some people who voted for Amelia may change allegiances, but if the number of votes she had could sway things, she wouldn't have been eliminated.

It'll be verging on a tragedy if Marcus wins this. As I mentioned before, he's simply a decent singer with no real star power at all. His performance of 'Last Christmas' was actually dire.

Little Mix have been brilliant pretty much from start to finish and could actually do really well once the series is over with.

I put it on when they were still being hyped as YOU COULD BREAK THE GIRLBAND CURSE. YOU ARE THE UNDERDOGS.

Just confirmed on Xtra Factor that Janet was way ahead in the voting in the first four weeks, topping the vote every week. Second in the fifth week before dropping out of the top two the next. The week after she went out after the judges voted her out against Misha. Goes to show they made a shocking decision really, considering Janet was clearly one of the most backed people on the show.

To no surprise Marcus didn't top the vote on any week. And Gary also predicted Frankie to win, confirming he's lost the plot.

Just confirmed on Xtra Factor that Janet was way ahead in the voting in the first four weeks, topping the vote every week. Second in the fifth week before dropping out of the top two the next. The week after she went out after the judges voted her out against Misha. Goes to show they made a shocking decision really, considering Janet was clearly one of the most backed people on the show.

Janet wasn't diverse enough to last. Although the percentages show she actually had 4% more of the vote when the judges chose Misha B over her.

(Percentages here by the way, scroll down to results summary)

EDIT: Actually, Misha B would've been eliminated on all three occasions she survived if the judges had gone to deadlock.

Eoghan Quigg topped the vote six times, topping the vote in the early weeks has absolutely no relation to careers >_>

Nobody is going on about careers. The fact is that Janet clearly had one of the biggest fanbases. She topped the first four votes and was then 2nd, 3rd and then fourth. Meanwhile, Misha didn't top a single vote on any single week. She was in the bottom two three times and it was clear to even somebody who was deaf that she stood no chance of winning the show, while Janet actually did.

It's got nothing to do with diversity or careers, it's the debate that Janet went home against somebody who was constantly being saved despite standing no chance of winning the show. Take into account that was also the first time Janet was in the bottom two, during a week where she forgot her words, yet basically performed better in the sing off. Whether Janet would of went on to win is a different debate, but it's just been made clear that the judges once again made a shocker of a decision.

Eoghan Quigg topped the vote six times, topping the vote in the early weeks has absolutely no relation to careers >_>

Nobody is going on about careers. The fact is that Janet clearly had one of the biggest fanbases. She topped the first four votes and was then 2nd, 3rd and then fourth. Meanwhile, Misha didn't top a single vote on any single week. She was in the bottom two three times and it was clear to even somebody who was deaf that she stood no chance of winning the show, while Janet actually did.

It's got nothing to do with diversity or careers, it's the debate that Janet went home against somebody who was constantly being saved despite standing no chance of winning the show. Take into account that was also the first time Janet was in the bottom two, during a week where she forgot her words, yet basically performed better in the sing off. Whether Janet would of went on to win is a different debate, but it's just been made clear that the judges once again made a shocker of a decision.

In what sense? Looking back over the relative success of winners and non winners votes clearly don't translate directly to sales. Joe McElderry got votes, but is an unmarketable little twonk, while JLS can churn out Another Level-esque hits for fun. Ditto Matt Cardle, whose MOR stylings are far more palletable from someone more 'credible', while One Direction make Cowell a fortune with the Bieber crowd. An 'urban' artist like Misha B is vastly more marketable than a poor mans Florence/Kate Bush/Diana Vickers, as they explained half a dozen times when they kept putting her through.