EWBFL 12 (Online Madden League)

DYSI

Had an Arian Foster injury scare in the third quarter, torn meniscus! Missed the rest of the game, but he seems to be alright now, he's not showing on my injury report. Fortunately, rookie backup Cardelius Cox did an admirable job with 9 carries and 36 yards, not a lot but each carry was important (3rd down, backed up on goal line etc.)

Beat the stinkin' Pats 38-6. At Foxboro. In the driving rain. LOVED that game. Foster had 98 yards and a TD after the first quarter, over 150 yards and 3 TDs by halftime. And despite getting injured early in the third quarter, he still added another TD and 70 yards off 5 carries. And this is after the Pats had clearly made halftime adjustments, exclusively blitzing their middle linebackers to shut him down.

One cool thing to not; Demeco Ryans had a fumble return for a touchdown in the fourth. As he approached the goal line, I hit B to do one of those daft dives (unsporting, but hey, it's New England!), and he did a soccer slide! I guess because it was raining, nice touch. The moment was almost ruined by Collinsworth babbling on about how Ryans is such an offensive talent and always strives for extra yards...

I wanted to post a replay of the first play from scrimmage, which was a Foster touchdown run for 60 yards. It was a rare example of the blocking working perfectly - hole opened up pretty realistically as Foster hit the line, he cut to the left, burst through, ran right over Mayo and bombed it down the middle of the field. Wonderful. Alas, EA decided not to let me save any replays from this game. which is a double shame as there was a great clip of Brady bouncing a pass off Gronk's face from about two yards away.

Bring on the divisionals!

Beat the Cardinals. It was a really tough first half. I was trying to make them run the ball rather than find Fitzy and man did they ever run the ball. Ryan Williams had over 100 yards in the first half but the passing game really didn't work too well for them (Kolb having 3 INTs). Once I started piling up touchdowns (Jonathan Stewart = The Real MVP) they had to pass and Kevin Kolb showed his true colors... the colors of Kevin Kolb. Hopefully Myst wins because I'd rather play a USER after 30 weeks of playing the computer...

won by a 2 point conversion 28-27

I swear having Percy Harvin who gets injured every other time he touches the ball is so fucking annoying. Every single game. Makes a catch, out a few plays. Comes back makes a catch, misses a quarter. Started off down by 2 scores after Felix Jones returned a kickoff.

Bad news is Pierre Garcon got hurt, and looks done for the playoffs.

I'm moving tomorrow and won't have my own internet connection 'til the 29th.

However I can get on the xbox at my girlfriends mums house, but it means my carting my Xbox round to hers, so if I get through my game I'll be on a tight schedule of when I can play.

However I can get on the xbox at my girlfriends mums house, but it means my carting my Xbox round to hers, so if I get through my game I'll be on a tight schedule of when I can play.

So what are the odds of you getting your game in before the 29th? I mean if we have to wait that's fine because this will probably be the last season until '13, just wondering so I can set something up with Myst in the time being.

Speaking of this being the last season, if anyone wanted to do a lethal lottery league (pick a team and get a randomized selection of players) that Maxx ran before/suggested I wouldn't mind starting it. Although I'd prefer everyone to be in the same division so we have more USER games.

So what are the odds of you getting your game in before the 29th? I mean if we have to wait that's fine because this will probably be the last season until '13, just wondering so I can set something up with Myst in the time being.

Speaking of this being the last season, if anyone wanted to do a lethal lottery league (pick a team and get a randomized selection of players) that Maxx ran before/suggested I wouldn't mind starting it. Although I'd prefer everyone to be in the same division so we have more USER games.

I can probably play tomorrow or Tuesday.