If another version of EWR were to come out...

King.

Some suggestions..

- Multi-man/team feuds (e.g. 1v1v1, 2v2v2, stable v stable etc.)

- More then eight feuds at a time

- Match Creator

- Angle Creator

- More segments, especially on PPVs

- Realistic ratings

- More detailed gimmicks (fed up of choosing the wrong one and having my wrestlers lose heat from it)

- Improved match reviews

- Advanced booking

- Be able to add a loyalty relationship between a promotion and a worker (e.g. Triple H-WWE, Sting-TNA etc.)

- Be able to host TV shows/PPVs on your promotion's website if you can't get a deal with a network

- Be able to view other promotions champions, results etc.

- Option to have the game chose the winner in a match based on stats

- Do something to stop WWE/TNA releasing loads of wrestlers at the start of the game

- Sometimes I think it's too easy to get a 100% match rating, maybe make it a little more difficult?

- This is a maybe, because it may be too TEW for this, but choose venues for shows/events (affects crowd reactions/attendance/finance/hometown guy's match crowd reaction)

All in all, just try and take away the limits that EWR has, it's already a great game and if you could just make it more customisable then it would be perfect. Best of luck to you on this mate, looking forward to playing it.

Edited by kennedykennedy

Also a editor that can edit a live game that your playing, just incase you need to change anything, altho Arsenics editor has helped me loads in EWR it would be nice to see an editor of that sorts in this game?

This! I was tired of having to constantly copy and paste my filed into the editor. Plus if a promotion had more than $150,000,000 the game would crash. This is most important for me.

Fix the overs. No one working for ROH should have an over close to someone in the middle of WWE if ROH and WWE are where they are now or even close...

I propose setting a maximum over for each level of promotion, and making that maximum something HARD TO REACH. You simply shouldn't be able to reach 100 over in any company but the WWE and then it should be a rarity. Leave an out though, so if TNA say signs someone over their maximum, he could stay that over.

add more gimmicks.

Wow....... The last page worh of suggestion (while some would be interesting I'll admit) should be in the TEW forum. I mean really guys, you are blantantly asking for features that are in TEW while saying I don't want another TEW game. The perfect mix for this game is EWR but a few tweaks to make it a little bit more interesting, but really language announcer, two sets of stats (which I still don't get), selecting venues, etc.... It's too much. Rather than a newer and "better" version of EWR you are asking him to make a newer and worse version of TEW.

Suggestions are cool, but you took his point and goal and brought it straight to what Adam did with TEW (thus the purpose of the new series). Not trying to be rude but come on...

EDIT

I do want to add one little tweak though about retirement... wrestlers that retire should be able to become any type of staff. A lot of them can be involved in commentary, trainers, referees, production, ring announcers, medical (a lot of them have fitness background and could help with rehabs, etc.; it is not out of the realm of possibility), etc.

You could actually add a little more depth to staff. Its one thing that really bothers me in EWR.

First, I would say they should all have these base stats.

- Overness

- Charisma

- Behavior

- Attitude

Staff should be able to be used in certain angles (ie. Interview angles, or even as on-air authorities). They should NEVER be able to wrestle though... So Vince McMahon for example would be a non-wrestler, Linda McMahon would be a Staff member.

There should be categories of staff, then stats within each category. This way the staff can chose to jump to another category if they want (ie. JR stopping commentary to work as an agent backstage). I would have 4 categories BROADCASTING; PRODUCTION; OFFICE; OTHER. Each category has a different set of stats / roles that they could be used in; the staff have their category, can choose to change categories if they are not under contract or request if they are; or you can make them an offer to switch.

For BROADCASTING

** This staff member can be used on screen as part of the broadcasting team & for DVD releases and advertising purposes.

- Commentary

- Color Commentary

- Ring Announcing

- Interviewing

For PRODUCTION

** This staff help the show go on without a hitch

- Road Agent

- Referee

- Writer

For OFFICE

- Owner

- Booker

- Talent Relations

For OTHER

- Trainer

- Medical

Here some examples of what their stats would look like.

Jim Ross - Broadcasting

- Commentary: 90

- Color: 70

- Ring Announcer: 30

- Interviewer: 70

Mike Chioda - Production

- Road Agent: 40

- Referee: 85

- Writer: 15

Dixie Carter - Office

- Owner: 70

- Booker: 40

- Talent Relations: 65

Dory Funk Jr. - Other

- Trainer: 90

- Medical: 25

So yeah.... I know it SEEMS like a lot (and kinda feel like a hypocrite... I'll admit it), but I don't think it really is. Its just a lot more information about a basic thing, like staff.

On the other hand, I just got to thinking for the roster... Can have 3 categories on the roster page?

Wrestlers

** They are here to wrestle, anytime.

- Main Eventers

- Upper Midcard

- Midcard

- Lower Midcard

- Opener

- Jobber

- Developmental

Non-Wrestlers

** These guys are primarily there as added personalities to the shows. Their contracts will dictate how often they can wrestle a year (maximum) and when (ie. 5 dates, anytime; 2 date, only PPV; 18 date, only House Shows; etc.)

- Authority Figures

- Personalities

- Managers

Staff

** They primarily work backstage but can occasionally be used during certain angles.

- All the roles listed above.

Sorry I got to typing and it kept coming... Just a suggestion (few) and I promise not to be heartbroken if it makes the game too complicated and thus cannot be implemented...

I'm not trying to pick a fight or really defend myself, as I have the same ideas as you: I'm not heartbroken if they are not included. They were just suggestions no more in depth or out there than you just provided.

I will explain a couple of my suggestions:

- Basically, my two sets of stats idea was more or less having a stat for the check boxes that are currently in EWR (ie: Menace would be a stat, although I called it Strength or Power or something, as I believe they go hand-in-hand).

- Is hiring a couple extra announcers for a foreign station as your show expands any different than having to hire more wrestlers as your company expands from small to global?

Anyway, like I say, I wouldn't be beat up about it, but why not suggest something? Best case scenario, others like it and it gets in the game and it is then a game I would play. Worst case scenario, the game isn't something I would like and I don't play it. In the grand scheme of things, no biggie either way. (Y)

Edit - said TEW instead of EWR in one spot

Edited by Kevin Elliott

This really does not have to be a different game. EWR is fairly good but there is really only a limited number if ways you should have to change it.

Bottom line, more optional customization.

I hate the amount of details in TEW but if you are going to get more detailed, make that optional. Make it easy to do set-for-all settings, if you know what I mean.

But to be more specific...

Stable feuds (any wrestlers in the stable can progress the feud).

Realistic TV ratings. At least make it easy so 1.0 = 1 million homes (even though it's not exactly accurate, as it's more now).

More Match Types. You don't need 600 or whatever that TEW has, just do the popular multi-man matches such as elimination chamber, 6-man HITC, Ultimate X, King Of The Mountain, Money In The Bank, etc.

Morale System Refined. I shouldn't need arsenic to run a promotion. The morale system is completely unrealistic when in real life there are plenty of options on how to please a talent. EWR makes it seem like every wrestler is a selfish prick who only cares about TV time and going over.

Again though, and I can't stress this enough, make it optionally customizable. There are plenty of features in EWR that I don't pay attention to. I can book a 5 events in the course of about an hour. In TEW, I am forced to micro-manage many things I shouldn't need to and am punished if I don't do it right (as of 2007 with the fans complaining if there is too many angles or too many matches).

The face/heel divide number could also be hidden and we would just see their status...

0-9 Super Heel

10-40 Heel

41-59 Tweener

60-90 Face

91-100 Super Face

This way you have got to be careful when you are wanting to turn your upcoming wrestler face for an impending shot at your heel champion, because if he attacks a heel that is slightly more face than him it could backfire... The outcome...he's now more heel than he was before...

• Like 1

thats a good idea..... Really good idea. Its simple but more "in tune" with todays market. Maybe just add an option to turn it on or off thouigh. (ie. a 1950s scenario would be unrealistic to have this as the face/heel divide was a lote more black & white and wrestlers rarely, if ever, turned. On the other hand, today you cvan jump from being a face to a heel from one week to the next).

A face/heel meter or something would be a great idea, just with added extra angles to make the wrestler get loads of heel points in one go to put him on the way to a full turn or vice versa

what about 6-8-10 person ladder matches, cashing in money in the bank? or being able to sign people who are retired, its wrestling no one's ever truly retired?

Hey guys, I recently showed EWR to a friend of mine who is a computer programming professor, and long time wrestling fan. He enjoyed it very much. This led to me asking if he would have any interest in using some of the script of EWR (since it's open source), adding to it, and creating a new wrestling simulator. He is very interested.

Him and I have begun work on what we're tentatively calling The Main Event: 2012. Here is where we need you, the loyal EWR enthusiasts.

What features would you like to see added or improved on?

Things We're Already Adding

- Match editor. Create your own match type.

- Calendar system

- Ability to change order of segments on booking screen without deleting and re-booking.

- Developmental federation relationships. I.E. book as Florida Championship Wrestling, and be able to use certain WWE wrestlers from time to time free of charge.

- More in depth developmental territory screen. See recent events, progress reports for individual wrestlers, etc.

- Other now "limitless" options. Want a three man announce team? How about an eight man announce time? You can do it. Two pay-per-views a month? Sure. How about three? Four? Seven? All up to you.

- Option to book events as segments or time framed.

- Much more realistic salary systems.

- More realistic ratings for events (recommended by Guinness-Mick)

- Fully customizable color schemes and graphics.

Wow. Everyone complaining needs to get their head out of their ass. If you aren't going to play it or download it then why are you wasting your time replying to the topic? Where is the logic other than wanting to be a jackass?

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

• Like 3

I'm not being a jackass. I'm just saying it should be moved to the proper area. This section is supposed to be for Adam Ryland made games. Also straight up advertising for a game in the same spot that is designated for Adam's games is pretty distastful. Despite what you might think I hope the game does take off. In fact I will even try it out if it does, especially if it stays free. Competition is a good thing.

If it was really so bad, a mod would've moved this thread. (A thread in which Ryland posted numerous times and not mentioned a thing), I'm sure if the game gets developed further and looks like it's actually going to turn into something more concrete, they'll move it.

• Like 3