If another version of EWR were to come out...

King.

What stage is it at?

Are you still planning ot have you started developing it yet?

We're still figuring everything out and testing to see what design concepts are possible. Things are being programmed, but more as a test then towards the actual finished product. We want to have everything worked out, and the public's opinions before we start programming the finished product.

People talking about TEW is the bestest game ever and alternatives are shit - my notebook can't run TEW. The hardware is there, but because this is a smaller screen I can't get the screen resolution it and a lot of other games requires. The WMMA games really pissed me off for that, because I was excited to try WMMA3 out and then I got nowhere with it because my resolution wasn't suitable. Where's your answer for that?

People talking about TEW is the bestest game ever and alternatives are shit - my notebook can't run TEW. The hardware is there, but because this is a smaller screen I can't get the screen resolution it and a lot of other games requires. The WMMA games really pissed me off for that, because I was excited to try WMMA3 out and then I got nowhere with it because my resolution wasn't suitable. Where's your answer for that?

How does EWR show up on your screen? TME will only be slightly bigger then EWR, maybe 200 pixels. The window will also be moveable and allow for minimizing.

Edited by KingofTheWorld

Will you be planning to use an edit capability for users to customize the database because a editing start date would be great. Will the program require installation or just an unpack and play thing like EWR? Also will current downloads you can get from places such as EWInventory be compatible with the game or would a whole new set of updates and files be needed to change the database?

One thing i would really like to see happen is having a world map with ALL the countries as active regions, which means you can for example, start a promotion from somewhere in Africa and try to make it a Global promotion. Like there is a promotion WWP (World Wrestling Professionals) in South Africa, but I can't make them properly in either EWR or TEW as Africa isn't an active region in the game. You could also add the feature so that users can customize the map, so that they can make certain region active/de-active, add new regions and places.

Edit : One more concern has to be the updates. You could try so that the updates can integrate into the game in a better way like in games like the FIFA series..

Edited by Debojit8

Will you be planning to use an edit capability for users to customize the database because a editing start date would be great. Will the program require installation or just an unpack and play thing like EWR? Also will current downloads you can get from places such as EWInventory be compatible with the game or would a whole new set of updates and files be needed to change the database?

The database will be fully customizable just like EWR.

Setting a start time that avoids changing your PC clock is something we're now working on thanks to the suggestions. We didn't even think of it!

Unpack and play.

Any scenarios or stat updates will NOT work with TME. Unfortunately all new scenarios will have to be made.

How does EWR show up on your screen? TME will only be slightly bigger then EWR, maybe 200 pixels. The window will also be moveable and allow for minimizing.

EWR shows up fine, although on larger databases it chugs rather a lot. Being able to move and minimise it is a good idea, it's one that I thought was curiously lacking from EWR.

All sounds very good i wish you luck with it, i will be one of the first to download if you get it to release! I second the call to move the window about but i assume most newer engines would make that a default thing.

One thing which might help people that like to pick up and play is the ability to create your own promotion and randomly generate a roster which has its stats, wage and gimmicks already set and is representative of the promotion's size, image and money what have you. Might be difficult to do but the advantage would be anybody could make a promotion instantly and just change a few names to make it like a real life promotion not actually included in the data they are using, i know this would help me in creating a UK database for EWR but the ability isnt there nor is there anything like it.

I would like to see multi-man feuds. Instead of just the singles/tag team feuds that EWR has. Don't just put it on newer computer operating systems, mainly because i'm pretty sure there's gotta be atleast a few people that still has XP.

Edited by fusionFX!
  • Like 1

How about eliminating the feud system all together. Alot don't use it because it limits booking, just have to game recognize when guys are being booked in matches and angles that are close together and add to the match/angle ratings appropriately.

I'm also for the whole "being able to see other promotion's events results and champions of those promotions" thing.

Another thing I'd like to see is being able to train the developmental stars yourself. For example, being able to take 1 of those stars and putting them through your own training regiments instead of having to wait for them to upgrade in stats at the end of each month(or having them get a few extra points in the stats whenever the end of the month comes around)..

As well as possibly a few more, so called, dirtsheet websites to check out news on other promotions and news around the world.

The one thing I've always wanted out of a game like this, and the one thing I think that could put it over the top, is to create a game that can be played with multiple people without the issues of filing sharing and all of that.

Sort of like a cross between EWR and Fantasy Football.

Small leagues, 2-6 people max.

And possibly, if you could do that, adding in a fantasy draft feature as to where all workers would be available in a draft to start the league.

First Time ever someone goes thus far in making of a new EWR style-game. Cross fingers for this to be released. I`m really excited about it, litterally no one has gone so far in making a new game, there are always like 5 people a year who claim they can make another wrestling game besides EWR or TEW, and they disappear forever. Recently, there was some guy with a Wrestling Manager idea. Guess that was thrown to garbage, too. I really wish you luck with that.

First Time ever someone goes thus far in making of a new EWR style-game. Cross fingers for this to be released. I`m really excited about it, litterally no one has gone so far in making a new game, there are always like 5 people a year who claim they can make another wrestling game besides EWR or TEW, and they disappear forever. Recently, there was some guy with a Wrestling Manager idea. Guess that was thrown to garbage, too. I really wish you luck with that.

Wrestling Manager thread is in the Coin Op Arcade. The game is still being worked on.

The one thing I've always wanted out of a game like this, and the one thing I think that could put it over the top, is to create a game that can be played with multiple people without the issues of filing sharing and all of that.

Sort of like a cross between EWR and Fantasy Football.

Small leagues, 2-6 people max.

And possibly, if you could do that, adding in a fantasy draft feature as to where all workers would be available in a draft to start the league.

We both know how that ended up when we tried it on EWR... smh

But I really like the little "staff meeting"-type notes on the bottom and the twitter thing, although it seems like something that would run even more slowly than EWR and TEW do...

I wish you luck with this. I love TEW's options and features, but something I've always loved is the simplicity of booking in EWR. However, a few more options and tweaks not only inspired by TEW but from your own imagination would really make it unbeatable for people that love the simplicity of EWR but crave more options with booking. Hopefully you can do that with this game.

Some feature suggestions I'd make are:

-A "real" brand split: The brand split in EWR doesn't work like one. Fixing this should be a priority. I hate that you have to make Raw and Smackdown separate promotions sometimes just to make it realistic.

-More match types: Obviously, this should be a top priority, as well. Championship Scramble, MITB, 3 Tier Cage, Elimination Chamber, etc. I'm sure there are more, I just can't remember what specialty matches are actually in EWR anymore.

There are more but I can't think of them at the moment. I do remember always wanting an angle to replicate Sting lurking in the rafters ala 1997.

I think when your in Small, Region sized promotion etc that you should be able to host things called "Before the Show" and what it is, is like meet and greets with superstars and merchandise they sell and your company makes a certain percentage of what the wrestlers make from it and you can set the percentage. Also, DVD and Magazines could be cool in the new game.