If another version of EWR were to come out...

King.

I would like to see more realism in the contracts system. Specifically non-compete clauses and TNA-style per appearance contracts (TNA wrestlers can work for indy promotions, provided that TNA gets a cut and that the show isn't televised and I'm pretty sure TNA wrestlers can't jump to WWE without securing their release). I'd also like to see something done to stop the WWE from releasing half its roster at the start of every game.

I'd like to see options relating to merchandise. It would be nice to be able to choose which wrestlers get T-shirts, to create DVD sets (featuring documentaries and classic segments from your old shows), and to sign a video game deal. I don't want a great deal of detail in this area. The DVD option obviously requires good records of past shows. I'd probably have the game store both the crowd rating and the match rating for matches because a 90% quality match between 2 undercard guys the crowd doesn't care about could mean alot more on a DVD set released 10 years later when both of them are legendary main eventers.

I would like the option to do Internet TV shows (obviously, the Internet is not a TV network and cannot refuse to broadcast your show) and the option to do Internet PPV events. I would like the option to tape multiple weeks of TV shows at a time (like how ROH tapes 4 TV shows back to back 6 weeks or so before any of them air and TNA tapes 2 shows back to back whenever they leave the Impact Zone), the option to run a "best of" show (if you don't want to book a TV show that week) and the option to do TV specials (negotiated for during contract negotiations). I would like the option to do segments such as the recent segment on Impact where they showed the old Kurt Angle VS Sting empty arena match from 2009 to hype their PPV rematch. This is probably too complex, but the ability to own a TV network (and fill it with recap shows, re-runs, classic shows, and even original programming) or to be "owned" by a TV broadcaster would be nice as well. WCW was owned by a TV network, as is ROH. It has been rumored for years that WWE wants to start their own network.

The way I'd handle the segments would be to declare a "segment" equal to (say) 5 minutes and therefore have the option to have a match or an angle go more than 1 segment. It simply isn't realistic for a 60-minute Ironman match to take up the same amount of "segments" as a routine backstage interview segment.

This pretty much covers everything.

As well as alot more gimmicks than what EWR has to offer...

Edited by fusionFX!

So aside from these 2 pretty screenshots, do you have any actual gameplay we can try? Or any date set on when this game will be released? We would all love the simplicity of EWR with some of the TEW features, but we have seen this a million times before. It takes two seconds to put together a flashy graphic. I will be impressed when there is actually a small sample of gameplay we can try let alone a finshed product. TEW is just too time consuming for me so i is not my cup of tea so I hope something comes of this but I serioulsy have my doubts.

So aside from these 2 pretty screenshots, do you have any actual gameplay we can try? Or any date set on when this game will be released? We would all love the simplicity of EWR with some of the TEW features, but we have seen this a million times before. It takes two seconds to put together a flashy graphic. I will be impressed when there is actually a small sample of gameplay we can try let alone a finshed product. TEW is just too time consuming for me so i is not my cup of tea so I hope something comes of this but I serioulsy have my doubts.

We are not currently planning on releasing any sort of preview version of the game.

We are both two working professionals who can't dedicate all of our time towards the production of this game. We briefly spoke about a January 2012 finish date, although nothing is guaranteed. May be sooner, may be later. Just depends how everything comes together.

Edited by KingofTheWorld

This as been done so many times in the past, I will be very surprised if it actually gets finished. If you want something better than EWR for Free get the freeware version of TEW... But you can't beat TEW 2010, It's just the best wrestling sim available.

This as been done so many times in the past, I will be very surprised if it actually gets finished. If you want something better than EWR for Free get the freeware version of TEW... But you can't beat TEW 2010, It's just the best wrestling sim available.

If that were true, no one would be playing EWR anymore. While I enjoyed TEW, I greatly missed the simplicity of EWR which The Main Event will hold on to while allowing for more advanced features.

If that were true, no one would be playing EWR anymore. While I enjoyed TEW, I greatly missed the simplicity of EWR which The Main Event will hold on to while allowing for more advanced features.

Most people don't want to pay for it hence why EWR is still so popular... I'm not sure about TEW 05 for certain because I didn't start buying TEW until TEW 2007 but you really can't go wrong with 2010.

I'm not saying EWR is bad, it's great I love it, and if your adding more advanced features to the game isn't that taking a way the simplicity of the game?

I would add worker's loyalty to companies, for example, Mike Quackenbush, CHIKARA's owner, would never sign a written contract with WWE or TNA

I know that's like Unsackable contract in EWR, but there's a lot of workers that love the company they work in, and they never leave it for a written contract for a lot of money

PD: Sorry for my english

I know its small but.... actual birthdays rather than birth months. Plus have people choose to retire anytime, no just directly after a birthday. Speaking of retirements, it would be kinda cool if you can offer a wrestler a staff position after he announces his retirement.

Another thing I think would improve the game is to be able to pick your start date from within the game rather than having to set your pc clock back in order to start on a certain date. That annoys me to no end...

Good luck with this!

Guest jaywhyte

I think it was Midean that said you seem to be taking the simplicity out of the game. I look at your screen shots and see a TEW knock-off. I wish you well but you've been at least the 4th person this year to come in here and say they are building a better EWR. We never see that person again. I say the same thing everytime, 'good luck' and no game is ever released.

Not going to get too excited about this.