If another version of EWR were to come out...

King.

Guest jaywhyte

Seriously, all you need to do is add more match types and allow feuds between 3, 4, 5, etc. people. Also, being able to see what the other promotions have as champions and have their overness go up and down. I think EWR fans would love just a few subtle changes like that.

Seriously, all you need to do is add more match types and allow feuds between 3, 4, 5, etc. people. Also, being able to see what the other promotions have as champions and have their overness go up and down. I think EWR fans would love just a few subtle changes like that.

Yeah, this guy is absolutely correct. Just some small changes here and there could make it better than EWR. Don`t make it too complicated, cause I think EWR fans won`t play another version of TEW. Because if you made a lot of things like suggested, it will become a far more complicated game than even TEW is, and I don`t think EWR players, who like the simplicity like me, will play it.

Guest mr. potato head

If you guys haven't noticed, this game isn't based on EWR at all other than also being about running a wrestling company. Saying "I want this slight improvement to this feature of EWR" is not particularly helpful as most likely these guys have their own eyes and won't be creating a game with a main screen featuring buttons for Feuds, Meeting, Internet, Japan etc. and duplicating EWR's functionality exactly. Think bigger than "I want more gimmicks plz". :)

If you guys haven't noticed, this game isn't based on EWR at all other than also being about running a wrestling company.

Read the topic title. Look at the screenshot showing Kane's stats. Read the first post saying he borrows code from EWR.

Re the screenshots by the way; it doesn't look like TEW at all. It looks like a 16 bit wrestling game with a massive roster.

Not sure what to make of it, but I'm not exactly thrilled.

I wish I could make a three-way feud, 2/3 falls match and I would like to see the results of the shows of other companies to see how they are doing, who's their champ and etc.

Thank you for doing this!

Why don't you play TEW then?

Eliminate the face/heel model. Wrestling in 2011 has evolved past these outdated roles. A better way would be to establish somec sort of variating crowd support feature that featured both positive and negative elements. A shock turn-like angle could be used to drastically flip the polarity, but these angles are few and far between. More often, a "heel" will continue on his way, generating more and more crowd support beside his push until he's attained more than whatever "babyface" he's programmed with and they, in turn, fall into the villain role.

I think it'd have to work with negative values since reviled characters wouldn't be at 0 in terms of crowd support, characters like the guys on Superstars who nobody cares about would.

Eliminate the face/heel model. Wrestling in 2011 has evolved past these outdated roles. A better way would be to establish somec sort of variating crowd support feature that featured both positive and negative elements. A shock turn-like angle could be used to drastically flip the polarity, but these angles are few and far between. More often, a "heel" will continue on his way, generating more and more crowd support beside his push until he's attained more than whatever "babyface" he's programmed with and they, in turn, fall into the villain role.

I think it'd have to work with negative values since reviled characters wouldn't be at 0 in terms of crowd support, characters like the guys on Superstars who nobody cares about would.

usually, the crowd cheers positively the babyfaces, and cheers negatively the baddies

what about some exceptions that we have seen really, like Cena of 2006/2007 or CM Punk now?

I'm just going to repeat what a lot of people have said in here: keep it simple. EWR 4.0 wasn't a great leap forward from EWR 3.0; tweak a few things here and there, but base it around the successful model that already is there. Obviously don't copy EWR bit for bit, but we've had this game for what, about 7-8 years, it's fairly obvious how it works.

And for the people who are saying "TEW 2005 is the upgrade to EWR", it really, really isn't. TEW by its nature is a more complicated game than EWR. Having to work out how to time your show, work out stamina, mic skills etc. from matches and interviews makes it more complicated by that nature alone. EWR isn't an upgrade of EWD after all, it's a whole different game.

Also, ignore the people who are saying "yeah, this will never happen". At the end of the day, you're actually trying this and that screenshot at least shows it's better than that god awful thing that kid made in Scratch. Yes, it's right to be hesitant about it given past history, but raining on the parade before it's even got going isn't going to help anything.

Read the first post saying he borrows code from EWR.

Again, he is NOT using any code from EWR. Not only is the code not open source, it's not even available, so he couldn't even if he wanted to. Those aren't screen shots he posted, they're screen designs - the only reason "EWR style" numbers are there are because he's copy and pasted them using Photoshop, it does not mean he is using my code (or indeed ANY code - as he said, it's a screen mock up, you do them using paint packages not by writing the code itself).

• Like 2

Read the first post saying he borrows code from EWR.

Again, he is NOT using any code from EWR. Not only is the code not open source, it's not even available, so he couldn't even if he wanted to. Those aren't screen shots he posted, they're screen designs - the only reason "EWR style" numbers are there are because he's copy and pasted them using Photoshop, it does not mean he is using my code (or indeed ANY code - as he said, it's a screen mock up, you do them using paint packages not by writing the code itself).

Yes. I want to stress that those screen shots are art mock ups. They are not the actual game. I sat down with my friend who'll be programming it and talked about what would be possible to do in a game that would have the same play feel as EWR, those were the result. I can say that the roster screen he spent maybe an hour on just fooling around looked nearly identical to that mock up, so it's not like we'll release the game and it won't look anything like the art mock ups. Like someone else said, EWR is nearly 10 years old, the programs used to make EWR have improved leaps and bounds. You can do more, easily.

Whilst that screenshot looks great you have spoken about adding things that EWR doesn't already have when in reality you seem to have taken away certain aspects such as Japan and Television. I'm wondering what other features will you add to differ your product from EWR?

Whilst that screenshot looks great you have spoken about adding things that EWR doesn't already have when in reality you seem to have taken away certain aspects such as Japan and Television. I'm wondering what other features will you add to differ your product from EWR?

Japan is now housed under "Other promotions", and television is now under "events".

EDIT. I should clarify. "Japan" does not exist anymore. Rather, "Tours" now does. Workers can tour any country and be unavailable.

Edited by KingofTheWorld

What would be a nice touch is if other promotions could actually sign the talent from your own roster if the money was right and the talent were happy to leave and have it like the real Monday Night Wars where talent would jump ship. Similarly to TEW it would be nice to see the results and champions of other companies as the game progresses.