2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Do the Cowboys make a coaching change tomorrow?

No. Why fix what's clearly, painfully, obviously broken?

Also naiwf, as I told you weeks ago, stop bitching about the Giants, they can win when they absolutely need to.

Also naiwf, as I told you weeks ago, stop bitching about the Giants, they can win when they absolutely need to.

Except when they play the truly bad teams.

I still want a new coach though. Beating the Jets and Dallas probably saved Coughlin's job. Again.

Ryan probably isn't getting a fair shake - outside of DeMarcus Ware and Sean Lee, the Cowboys really have some "average" (and that's being generous) talent on defense, especially with Ratliff's playing falling off a cliff this year compared to previous seasons. But this has always been my problem with his defenses -

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jINQ9LZKfAc

That is what happens when you play Rob Ryan defense the entire game because he blitzes excessively and expects his corners to cover receivers like Nicks, Cruz, etc. consistently throughout a game. In this day and age of NFL offenses spreading you out, it's unreasonable to think your defensive backs can man up on these talented receivers and tight ends for most of the game with no trouble. There are only a couple of offenses that work against, at least any team that is actually a playoff contender. New England for example doesn't seem to do well when defenses play tight man coverage but for the most part, it only does well against inept offenses with bad quarterbacks ala Denver. However, unless you have a very good pass rush, it's almost impossible to try and play man nearly the entire game against a team like Greenbay or New Orleans or really any team with explosive receivers. It's why Philadelphia beat the shit out of them in their first meeting. Unless Dallas improves all of their holes in the secondary, I think they'd be better off letting Ryan go.

Edited by Boltstrikes

Except when they play the truly bad teams.

I still want a new coach though. Beating the Jets and Dallas probably saved Coughlin's job. Again.

Who cares? I'd rather be atrocious against shitty teams and beat good teams. The Cowboys are outstanding against terrible teams and can't win to save their fucking lives against good teams.

Anyways, we'll all be in for a good laugh when Rob Ryan gets a head coaching job next season.

Who cares? I'd rather be atrocious against shitty teams and beat good teams. The Cowboys are outstanding against terrible teams and can't win to save their fucking lives against good teams.

Anyways, we'll all be in for a good laugh when Rob Ryan gets a head coaching job next season.

I don't disagree. However, if the Giants had beaten Washington once, Philly with VY or Seattle they wouldn't have needed to win these last two. They played the Packers tougher than the Deadskins. That's just wrong.

It'd be really funny if Jerry Jones cut Garrett loose and let your boy step into the head coach slot.

Ugh, Detroits defense. Letting a back up throw for four hundred yards and four TD's? I know where we need to be looking (yet again) in the off-season.

Well sure we could blame the defense if we're being pessimistic. But maybe, just maybe what we really learned today is that Aaron Rodgers is overrated and the rest of the Packers offense is so good that anybody could put up big numbers with them. :shifty: Clearly he's a product of the offensive system.... right? right?

Back to reality. I don't give us much chance at New Orleans but honestly, as sad as this sounds, we've had a great season even if we are one-and-done in the playoffs. I mean, I think a lot of us fans (looking at some of the Lions forums and comment posts on articles) have gotten a bit caught up in the excitement of being a legitimate team that we forget how far we've come in such a short time. It's been an amazing ride no matter what happens from this point.

That said, I would LOVE to see the Lions make some noise in the playoffs, but that's all just icing on the cake at this point. Making it back to the playoffs after being downtrodden for the past decade or so is just too sweet to get caught up in everything that the Lions didn't or won't accomplish.

I know it's their job, but I don't know how the halftime crew managed to keep a straight face while claiming the Cowboys can get back into this game.

Ugh, Detroits defense. Letting a back up throw for four hundred yards and four TD's? I know where we need to be looking (yet again) in the off-season.

Well sure we could blame the defense if we're being pessimistic. But maybe, just maybe what we really learned today is that Aaron Rodgers is overrated and the rest of the Packers offense is so good that anybody could put up big numbers with them. :shifty: Clearly he's a product of the offensive system.... right? right?

Back to reality. I don't give us much chance at New Orleans but honestly, as sad as this sounds, we've had a great season even if we are one-and-done in the playoffs. I mean, I think a lot of us fans (looking at some of the Lions forums and comment posts on articles) have gotten a bit caught up in the excitement of being a legitimate team that we forget how far we've come in such a short time. It's been an amazing ride no matter what happens from this point.

That said, I would LOVE to see the Lions make some noise in the playoffs, but that's all just icing on the cake at this point. Making it back to the playoffs after being downtrodden for the past decade or so is just too sweet to get caught up in everything that the Lions didn't or won't accomplish.

I'm very happy with this season, I honestly just really wanted to break the streak at Lambeau, today seemed a great time for it.

Curious, do you visit the mlive.com forums for the Lions? Christ are those fans insufferable sometimes.

I don't know if the Giants can beat Atlanta, but I'm glad we're not playing Detroit next week because Calvin Johnson would feast on this secondary. If we win that one, I like our chances of stealing a win at Lambeau or San Fran if Detroit pulls the upset. If nothing else, at least we can't get lit up by New Orleans yet again until the NFC Championship and the Jets, Eagles and Cowboys fans in the area will all be quiet for a week.

I'm very happy with this season, I honestly just really wanted to break the streak at Lambeau, today seemed a great time for it.

Curious, do you visit the mlive.com forums for the Lions? Christ are those fans insufferable sometimes.

Not really. I read the articles, and look at the comments on there but most of the comments I see on their articles are bad enough that I probably wouldn't even consider their forum :P

I do read the Detroit Lions forum website but a lot of the fans there annoy me as well honestly. I swear a lot of them just like to argue and don't bother to have actual valid points.

Looking forward to the playoffs. Will especially be interesting to see if the Patriots can break their playoff curse :unsure:

And i loved the fact that Miami defeated the Jets, no filthy mouthed Ryan in the playoffs. (Y)

As for the Cowboys smh. -_-

I predict that the Steelers will roll over the Broncos

If Yates is not ready, then HOU - CIN could be a real disaster (jake delhomme anybody?) If he is, then it could be a real nailbiter

Lions vs Saints. If Detroit don't hold their penalties to a minimun, then they will be out of the playoffs. Also it could become a real shootout

A Quick question. Someone over at DVDVR posted this:

"the winner of tonight's game (Cowboys - Giants) will also earn the right to play the Packers and Niners next year. Oh and the NFC East plays the NFC South and AFC North."

Is this by any means true? :mellow:

Falcons - Giants i have as being pretty open. The G-Men will have to play their best. But for my money this could be a toss up

Edited by mikevandam

"the winner of tonight's game (Cowboys - Giants) will also earn the right to play the Packers and Niners next year. Oh and the NFC East plays the NFC South and AFC North."

Is this by any means true?

Yes, all of it. 14 games of the schedule are already decided years in advance. 6 divisional games, 4 games against another division in your conference, and 4 games against a division outside your conference. The other two games are determined by what place you finish. Because the NFC East already plays the NFC South, the 1st place team in the East, the Giants, will play the first place teams in the North and West, the Packers and 49ers next year. It's why New England and Indy seemed to play each other every year in the regular season, because they were both always finishing first.

Edited by pizzamonkey