2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Wasn't much of a mystery anyway, the NFC and AFC rotate every year and last year the Packers were in their home jerseys.

I thought they rotated which conference had the choice. My bad.

EDIT: Actually, it might not just be a simple rotation. Steelers wore white against the Seahawks, then the next year the Colts wore white against the Bears.

Wasn't much of a mystery anyway, the NFC and AFC rotate every year and last year the Packers were in their home jerseys.

I thought they rotated which conference had the choice. My bad.

EDIT: Actually, it might not just be a simple rotation. Steelers wore white against the Seahawks, then the next year the Colts wore white against the Bears.

The designated home team switches every year, and they're the ones who decide what uniform is worn. The Steelers were the home team in 2005 but opted to wear their road whites out of superstition because they had played all of their playoff games on the road that year.

Edited by kbusch22

You're not a troll. That mikevandam twat, he's a troll.

And Dragsy, I'm pretty sure it rotates conference for choice. It's not a straight, one year AFC wears white, next year NFC wears white. They give the team the option. Steelers wanted to wear white, Bears wanted to wear navy, and so on.

Really eager to hear how Rob Gronkowski is doing in practice this week. He's obviously going to play in the Super Bowl...but he wasn't targeted once upon re-entering yesterday's game and he basically did nothing but serve as a decoy. If his effectiveness can at least be limited enough so that he's not a mandatory double-team guy that could be huge.

Guest mr. potato head

Don't make me look like a fucking troll if New England wins. Please?

Surely all that would take is you not acting like a troll?

I don't think of myself as a troll.

I'm just a Patriots fan, therefore I'm like EWB Enemy #2.

I don't think of you as a troll either. I just think whether you look like one is up to you a lot more than the rest of us.

You're a jackass when you stop rooting for your team and being happy for them winning, you're not even a jackass when you say something to the people who didn't root for your team or didn't think your team had a chance. However you are trolling and you are a jackass when you make it something personal and rude. You've never bothered me, who coming from Baltimore is far from a fan of Boston teams, when your teams have won (and won and won and won). It won't be trolling if you come in here in 13 days to talk about how happy you are to see Tom Brady got ring number 4.

Too bad you won't get the chance because the Giants are going to win. :P

• Like 1

Big words from a guy with Romney is his avatar :shifty:

Since there is much bigger Patriots fans on this board than me, i would think that there are worse fans out there.

A troll in my estimation, is someone who is posting provocative messages to a message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument. At no point have this been an intention of mine.

If i have done what is considered trolling in the past and offended anyone, i apologize. :mellow:

Good argument Flapjack. As for me, it is because the Patriots were the first NFL team i ever saw. So that stuck with me. From there i got into the other teams (the latest being the Celtics). I do believe that many other teams also have (some more than others) douchey fans to some degree.

As far as the Patriots go, they make it easy to hate them. Spygate and Tuck rules are just two examples, so i can easily see why they are disliked.

Lowerdeck, im not quite sure what the Chargers hold against the Pats. Only thing that comes to my mind is that season where Chargers went 14-2, only to lose against Pats in the playoffs (their second playoff loss in three years). Exit Marty Schottenheimer and enter Norv Turner, who then got defeated 38-14 i believe in his first game in that season where Giants won the Superbowl (Pats met Chargers in the AFC Final if my memory serves me right)

Thats about the only reason i could imagine

Edited by mikevandam

The Pats are incredibly easy to dislike for a variety of reasons. The Tuck Rule game didn't even bother me, and I was fine with seeing ths Pats win it that year. However I don't think anybody saw that a dynasty was about to be formed from that team. Spygate in 2007 (and the relevation that they may have recorded practices during their other SB years) made a lot of people hate the Pats, and so did their subsequent stat padding that happened all season. Even people who normally say "if you don't like it, stop the offense" thought it was way over the line at times. I remember a game against the Redskins where they had like a 4 TD lead late in the 4th quarter and still threw it on 4th down instead of just going for the field goal. When asked about it, Belichick was just like "so what?" It was fairly obvious that they were trying to extend their middle finger to the rest of the league after the Spygate scandal.

They're also notorious for manipulating injury reports, Brady appeared on it for like 3-4 years straight despite being perfectly healthy. Even this year, the Pats being able to pry away McDaniels from the Rams so suddenly rubbed some people the wrong way. Belichick constantly pushes the limits of what's allowed.

The success the Boston area has had only adds to the dislike. Some people aren't even fortunate enough to see their favorite teams win 7 combined championships in their lifetime...but Boston has won that many in 11 years.

what i seem to miss on this debate is the geographical factor. People are on the Pats for the reasons, like the ones that Kbusch mentions. But are the other Boston teams that disliked? Are there any other examples of this? The New York situation is a bit difficult because that there are two MLB teams, two NFL teams even two NHL teams.

But the main question that leaves me scratching my head is this. Are there any other areas in the US, where people disliked any sport team coming out, like in Boston?