NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

I know the Kings aren't a great team, but the Knicks really blew them out. Lin had another double double and the team really meshed well together. The Knicks look like they really have some depth, too. If they start playing better defense and keep playing with chemistry, I really think they can compete with Miami and Chicago at the top of the Eastern Conference.

You just asked a D'Antoni coached team to play defense. I think offensively they will be able to compete with the likes of Miami and Chicago, but when it comes down to late game scenarios those two teams will just clamp down and own the Knicks. I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks came calling Phil Jackson about a possible reunion as a coach, or at least some sort of consultant role. I know Phil has said he's done, but if he has the itch and his old team calls with a loaded roster...

Phil is done. He wants the nice, quiet life and he certainly can't get that in New York. The Knicks made this bed and they're gonna have to lie in it. The core has a few years to find something that works so I wouldn't be too worried. They don't need stars, they need to draft and sign defensive players and a lot of them can be found on the cheap. Enough first or second round exits against the conference's superior defensive teams will see D'Antoni go and a new coach with a new philosophy come in.

But enough about the Knicks, how about the 76ers? There's a team that could quietly hit the conference finals.

Phil is done. He wants the nice, quiet life and he certainly can't get that in New York. The Knicks made this bed and they're gonna have to lie in it. The core has a few years to find something that works so I wouldn't be too worried. They don't need stars, they need to draft and sign defensive players and a lot of them can be found on the cheap. Enough first or second round exits against the conference's superior defensive teams will see D'Antoni go and a new coach with a new philosophy come in.

But enough about the Knicks, how about the 76ers? There's a team that could quietly hit the conference finals.

No one wants to talk about Philly in this New York Knicks/Jeremy Lin thread :angry:

Rosters are set for the Rising Stars game now...

Team Shaq

Blake Griffin – Los Angeles Clippers (Sophomore)

Jeremy Lin – New York Knicks (Sophomore)

Ricky Rubio – Minnesota Timberwolves (Rookie)

Greg Monroe – Detroit Pistons (Sophomore)

Markieff Morris – Phoenix Suns (Rookie)

Kemba Walker – Charlotte Bobcats (Rookie)

Landry Fields – New York Knicks (Sophomore)

Norris Cole – Miami Heat (Sophomore)

Brandon Knight – Detroit Pistons (Rookie)

Tristan Thompson – Cleveland Cavaliers (Rookie)

Team Barkley

Kyrie Irving – Cleveland Cavaliers (Rookie)

DeMarcus Cousins – Sacramento Kings (Sophomore)

Paul George – Indiana Pacers (Sophomore)

Derrick Williams – Minnesota Timberwolves (Rookie)

MarShon Brooks – New Jersey Nets (Rookie)

John Wall – Washington Wizards (Sophomore)

Gordon Hayward – Utah Jazz (Sophomore)

Tiago Splitter – San Antonio Spurs (Sophomore)

Kawhi Leonard – San Antonio Spurs (Rookie)

Evan Turner – Philadelphia 76ers (Sophomore)

I think Shaq definitely has the better team but I think it'll be a fun game to watch none the less...

And the Knicks' winning streak ends at home vs New Orleans.

Was hoping that, when the streak ended, it would've been against a better team. Hopefully New York is better prepared for Dalls.

Lin has had 45 turnovers in 7 games. That's a bit of an understated issue by everyone. Without a doubt his 9 turnovers cost them the game last night.

There was a big fallout at ESPN over the headline "Chink in the armor" after Lin had a subpar game against the Hornets. As someone who actually saw the headline I never thought twice about it until the big apology so thanks ESPN for pointing out a racist joke, I had a good laugh.