NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

Do the Magic have a trade exception or something? I don't see how the Magic can possibly take on both of those contracts and we would have enough cap room to sign Deron Williams without them sending Hedo as well. Can Chandler even be traded before the deadline?

Magic do have a $4.25 million exception from Bass. Fiscally, Stoudamire for Howard straight-up works, even saving NY $200,000 this year.

Chandler will be eligible for trading on March 1st, two weeks before the deadline.

Do the Magic have a trade exception or something? I don't see how the Magic can possibly take on both of those contracts and we would have enough cap room to sign Deron Williams without them sending Hedo as well. Can Chandler even be traded before the deadline?

I also don't think Dwight and Melo would really compliment one another to be honest. Not in D'Antoni's system, anyway.

Well considering D'Antoni will be gone in the offseason, that's sort of a moot point.

ESPN says that the Magic have discussed a Howard for A'mare/Chandler swap. If I'm the Knicks I do it yesterday. We get the best player in the deal and the cap space to sign Deron Williams next year. In short, it's a BS story.

As long as they don't have to give up Landry Fields >_>

lmao.gifKnicks fans

Howard for Amar'e can be worked on without Chandler. If you're Orlando you actually get a centerpiece for a few more years and if you're New York you can start planning a parade.

But if they have the trade exception I would just throw Chandler in and use the money saved to rent D'Antoni a moving van and such. D-Will, Melo, Howard is better on paper than any of the other big threes we've seen. All of them can excel at what they excel at without cutting into anyone's production.

Also the Wizards fired Flip Saunders. The OKC win bought him a few days but nothing more with this horrendous start.

What the Wizards need to do is get poison like Nick Young, Blatche off their team. They need to surround Wall with high-character guys ASAP. Nobody likes losing, but if you're gonna suck, might as well suck with people who will bring the right culture.

Unfortunately moving either will likely prove difficult.

Nawlins is trying to trade Chris Kaman. Aside from his on-court performance, the dude looks like someone beat the hell out of Chris Adler and strapped just his head to the rack.

However, this makes me think NOLA will be a likely candidate as part of a three-team with Orlando and Brooklyn. 'Cause, really, the worse possible scenario for Kaman is that he goes from having to replace Chris Paul as the face of a franchise to replacing Dwight Howard.

What's his contract? I don't think I'd want him. I'd rather draft picks.

$14 million, but it expires this year and they have a $750k exception. Hell of a time to be pitching a fit about playing time.

Also, without checking, name the only other center on the Hornets. Kinda surprised me.

Emeka Okafor

Edit: And, behold, one way my aforementioned three-team swap could go down.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=72e2nvt

A trade involving the Bulls/Magic/Jazz that I like, what team says no?

Orlando and Utah? I don't foresee anyone taking Boozer's albatross of a contract with 3 more years on it. Utah would give up their leading scorer and 2nd best rebounder for a wing player on a team that would be even more undersized than it already is.