NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

One thing I'm willing to bet on is John Wall will not restore the franchise. He is gone as soon as he can be.

It comes down to who and what gets installed around him. Washington is a big market, and while it's more or less Redskins and then everybody else the Caps recent success has shown the DMV will latch onto a winning team. If there's no chance at a ring in DC then Wall will take the first flight out in free agency. But if the opposite happens, and the Wizards have a young and talented core around Wall, free agents will be coming to play with Wall.

I really do not get this Knicks team sometimes. I live in Philly now, so I got to catch the Knicks/Sixers game tonight and we nearly blew it by taking unnecessary three pointers, turning over the ball and Carmelo absolutely freezing the offense because he wanted to get personal with Andre Iguodala. It's like the only way we think we can win is to actually shoot more. <_<

I really do not get this Knicks team sometimes. I live in Philly now, so I got to catch the Knicks/Sixers game tonight and we nearly blew it by taking unnecessary three pointers, turning over the ball and Carmelo absolutely freezing the offense because he wanted to get personal with Andre Iguodala. It's like the only way we think we can win is to actually shoot more. <_<

That's the Mike D'Antoni offensive system. Ain't it great? <_<

Miami reminded me why everyone hates them based on their actions at the end of the game. Battier mugged Griffin twice, Wade slapped him in the face and yet they're always crying for foul calls. Wade and Chalmers are the only two guys on that team willing to take the big shots, and that's going to be their biggest hurdle. LeBron just gets smaller and smaller as the pressure amps up.

It was a hysterical way to end the game for those who enjoy watching Lebron struggle in the big spot. First he fouls Chauncey Billups while the Heat are leading. Not surprisingly Billups goes and hits 3 consecutive Free Throws. Then LBJ gets to the line, and once again not surprisingly he misses the free throws to tie the game. Dwayne Wade makes an amazing save to keep the ball with the Heat and then LBJ gets fouled again.

At that point you could see Wade yelling at Lebron to hit the free throws and give the Heat the lead. What does he do? He only hits one for the tie. Hysterical. Then he goes and has a miserable Overtime. I literally cannot wait to just listen to Skip Bayless go wild on First Take.

Celts look slow and are investing heavily in the iron market :shifty: Bulls need to put their foot down, though. Looking kinda complacent only up 15. They could put this away with one good run.

Hawks losing Horford just blows this season up. It's the Joe & Josh show, and you don't win your division against Howard with a team like that. Ugh.

Hawks might still finish second in that division if Howard forces his way out (maybe even to Atlanta). Heat will of course run away with it, but with Charlotte and Washington to pick on for some easy wins Atlanta has a good shot at the 3 or 4 seed.

Horford could make it back just in time for a playoff run. And I'm not entirely sure, but my friend claims they could do a Joe & Josh for Dwight and a random ridiculous contract and it would work just fine. Trade machine is broken and it's late so I'm not going to do it myself. There's also the question if Howard wants to go to a team without a star PG since that's what he really wants.

Hawks might still finish second in that division if Howard forces his way out (maybe even to Atlanta). Heat will of course run away with it, but with Charlotte and Washington to pick on for some easy wins Atlanta has a good shot at the 3 or 4 seed.

Horford could make it back just in time for a playoff run. And I'm not entirely sure, but my friend claims they could do a Joe & Josh for Dwight and a random ridiculous contract and it would work just fine. Trade machine is broken and it's late so I'm not going to do it myself. There's also the question if Howard wants to go to a team without a star PG since that's what he really wants.

There's no way Atlanta can be the 3 seed if Miami wins the division. The 4 is doable though since they could very easily finish with more wins than the 2nd place teams in the Atlantic and Central divisions.