NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

The Knicks need to send Toney Douglas to China. I have never hated a scrub player this much in any sport. He has 18 FGA from the PG slot, while Melo has 14 and Stoudemire only has 10. Yes, Toney Douglas has 6 fewer shots than two potential MVP candidates combined. And every time he misses, Rondo gets another uncontested lay up. I'm kinda wishing the lockout was still in effect so I could have a restful Christmas :shifty:

The NBA couldn't have asked for a better game to start the season. I don't really care much for Heat/Mavs, but I'm looking forward to the other 3 games to see how the Lakers look with an injured Kobe and for the chance to watch Durant vs Howard and the debut of Lob City.

Being at MSG for the Knicks opener, it was insane! I might end up being wrong about Carmelo Anthony, which is fine by me. Too bad Celtic fans can point to the no Paul Pierce excuse though.

The Knicks don't have a back court and we still won :shifty:

If Rondo and D-Rose start hitting jumpers/threes the way they have today they are going to be almost impossible to stop.

Someone needs to let Derrick Rose know he's not Kyle Korver. He's played 62 minutes so far this season and has attempted 11 3's and only 2 FT's. That's not getting it done when you're one of the most explosive players in the league. It's like he didn't learn anything from watching LeBron last season.

I think the biggest problem isn't that Chandler was that good but that the players they added, with the cap room they would've used on him, bring more offense than defense to the table. Not to mention they didn't even try and replace Chandler and instead are just relying on Haywood to do what he did plus what Chandler did last year.

And Phoenix are just as horrible as I feared they might be :(

I think they should just go ahead and trade Steve Nash whilst they can get something decent for him... Whilst it would be sad to see him leave, they'd be dumb not to capitalize and try and get back something younger for him, since they aren't going anywhere at the moment...