NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

They can't compete with a Pau/Bynum offer, if that's what the Lakers ultimately give up.

Then you're going to see your D12/D-Will combo come to life in LA next season.

Nets will find a 3rd team to hop on board the trade to make it all work.

And does anyone theorize Gilbert was outraged at the Paul trade because NO was getting something in return? He lost his star and had nothing to replace it, while the Hornets were getting a kickstart on a rebuilding project. It's a fun little conspiracy.

Consensus was that Stern felt the Hornets weren't getting enough back to help them sell the franchise. The deal looked good short term, but didn't help them out at all in the long run. The owners just seemed pissed that the Lakers were going to turn Pau and Odom, two guys on the back end of their careers, and Andrew Bynum, a player who has yet to show he'll ever reach his full potential, into two of top 10 players in the league, both of whom are about to hit their prime. Which is perfectly reasonable to be upset about, because that makes no logical sense, whatsoever.

• Like 1

But next year they will have nothing to show for him at all :/ it was likely the best deal they were going to get. It's not like Washington are going to give up Wall or Clippers Griffin etc. You aren't going to get young all stars who are developing for a PG with a shot knee who may not re-sign at the end of the year anyway. Draft picks are fine and dandy but there is no way to guarantee what number they will be. I mean you send Paul to the Cavs for the next three years first round draft picks and potentially the Cavs build a play off team and all three draft picks are 15+.

You are never going to get your money back in the situation NO are in. People thought Denver were robbed, but they certainly made out better than Cleveland did.

Stern is a mook and a plum. Plus it isn't his job full stop to get involved in this. How can he possibly know there is a better deal available? If teams are negotiating with him directly or telling them they will give a better deal then he's colluding. Basically he's a fuck wit.

I'm not a fan of the Lakers, I'm not a fan of any team in particular (OKC I guess), so as an unbiased individual I can say that you need to take the best trade available. It was no secret Paul was on the market, every team had a chance to put together an offer. Obviously NO believed it better to get the trade done before the season started to stand a chance at developing a team. My hunch is that Stern is hoping for a ''Melo-drama' which causes the team to be one of the worst in the West, Paul gets traded for worse than in this trade with future first rounders, NO then have a high draft pick plus whatever the picked up rather than building a team through trades.

They're going to trade Paul, that's for sure. They want young players and draft picks back in return, not older players with huge contracts that they'll have to shed to get under cap. It's about making the Hornets as appealing as possible for a sale and that trade did them no favors.

Rumors are that the Clippers are in the lead to land Paul now, using Minnesota's unprotected first rounder as the centerpiece. I'm assuming the Hornets still have their first rounder for next year too, so throw in some young Clippers talent and you've got a much more appealing situation for a new owner.

Rumors are that the Clippers are in the lead to land Paul now, using Minnesota's unprotected first rounder as the centerpiece. I'm assuming the Hornets still have their first rounder for next year too, so throw in some young Clippers talent and you've got a much more appealing situation for a new owner.

I don't like this consolidation of stars at all and have said that over and over again but CP3 getting to play with a guy like Griffin would get me to watch some regular season basketball. Would help elevate both of them.

Paul to the Clippers trade has been submitted. If it's as bad as reported, then it certainly seems like David Stern wants to make sure Paul doesn't win wherever he lands. Gordon, the Minny pick, Kaman, Al-Farouq and Eric Bledsoe.

That's a great haul for the Hornets, and that's way too much for the Clippers to be giving up. But I guess when you're the Clippers and one of the best players in the league says he wants to play for you, you make it happen.

Edit: Disputed reports about what's included in the trade. Now they're saying Eric Gordon isn't it in, which makes it just a slam dunk for the Clippers.