NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

This is the misguided attempt to emphasize "competitive balance." Sacramento probably could get CP3 for Jimmer, John Salmons, and Tyreke Evans (it works on the Trade Machine). Bunch of spare parts, but it'd be a small-market team getting the star player.

The issues that have come up already are going to make everyone else say, "Eh, it ain't worth it" and have Paul staying in NOLA for the year, while Stern tries to beat the bushes for a really stupid billionaire who won't notice that CP3's about to walk, no matter what. Good luck with that.

This is the misguided attempt to emphasize "competitive balance." Sacramento probably could get CP3 for Jimmer, John Salmons, and Tyreke Evans (it works on the Trade Machine). Bunch of spare parts, but it'd be a small-market team getting the star player.

The issues that have come up already are going to make everyone else say, "Eh, it ain't worth it" and have Paul staying in NOLA for the year, while Stern tries to beat the bushes for a really stupid billionaire who won't notice that CP3's about to walk, no matter what. Good luck with that.

That deal would be horrible for the Hornets to accept... Sacramento wouldn't get Paul for that, I'm sorry and you're delusional if you think so...

It's not about the "small market team not getting the star player", Paul has come out and said he'd only sign an extension with a few certain teams... Doesn't mean that the smaller market teams couldn't put a trade package together for Paul that would be accepted by the Hornets, they'd just run the risk like the Hornets are doing now at losing him at the end of the season for nothing, and most of the smaller market teams aren't willing to take that chance... They'd be giving up too much for a star PG who would probably only play out the year and then take his chance in free agency, where there is still no garauntee that he'd end up with a "big market team" anyway as I'm pretty sure most will be over the cap now...

I still see him becoming a Clipper in the next couple of days anyway...

Well, enjoy getting nothing for him Orlando. I'm in favor of this, makes it more likely he'll land in Dallas.

Completely unrelated note, NBA Open Court is an awesome show.

Also, Orlando has apparently said it's no longer listening to trade offers for Dwight Howard.

:angry: x a million

Now the Nets are pretty much stuck in getting a new big man with Howard off the market and Nene back in Denver. I don't mind brining back Humphries but jeez... Now we'll probably throws stacks at Jamal Crawford just to spend money, hopefully I'm wrong.

Stop me if you've heard this one before but...

Chris Paul is going to the Clippers.

The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed to a deal in principle with the league-owned New Orleans Hornets to acquire guard Chris Paul, according to sources close to the process.

The Clippers, sources said, will send guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets for Paul.

So...they hold onto Bledsoe and now Chauncey gets to sit on the bench?

They'd better be finding someone to take Bledsoe in exchange for an SG.

That's a pretty good team and they could make a run at Howard next year. In theory, they have Butler, Griffin, Jordan, CP3 and Mo Williams under contract. If they use the amnesty on Mo Williams. That leaves them with around 27 Million on contracts, without the Paul contract. I see CP3 accepting less money for a chance at giving Howard a Max contract

That's a pretty good team and they could make a run at Howard next year. In theory, they have Butler, Griffin, Jordan, CP3 and Mo Williams under contract. If they use the amnesty on Mo Williams. That leaves them with around 27 Million on contracts, without the Paul contract. I see CP3 accepting less money for a chance at giving Howard a Max contract

I wouldn't count on that.

That's awesome for them but keeping Eric Gordon would have made it unbelievable. Backcourt is going to be small if they're planning to start Chauncey at the 2. If not the best option is Randy Foye.. Eric Gordon is a killer scorer and while some of that can be replaced by Butler he has an extremely high ball usage rate without being as efficient as he often should be. Still really interesting can't wait to catch a few games of the new clips if this happens.