NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

ESPN is reporting that the Hornets may deal Paul before the season even starts, so they can avoid the circus Carmelo caused. Every team in the league is apparently interested, some not even caring if Paul won't sign an extension, like the Mavericks. The Clippers won't offer up Eric Gordon without an assurance the Paul will sign an extension. Lakers are interested, but want to save Bynum for a deal with the Magic.

So, this could get interesting fast.

The schedules came out yesterday, you can check them out at ESPN. As a Bulls fan the one thing I thought was a bright spot on the season starting late was the the Bulls would avoid their annual circus road trip where the circus takes over their arena and they are forced to have a long road trip early in the season. Well as it turns out they have a 9 game road trip, so that sucks.

What do the Mavs have that they could give up? I'm a Mavs fan and I can't think of a trade that they could offer that would trump what the Clippers and the Warriors can offer.

I'm not even sure why the Warriors are in on the Paul deal. It's not like adding him will suddenly make them title contenders. They've got a good young core that they shouldn't be breaking up.

According to reports, the Hornets are going to make a decision Friday on where to go with the Chris Paul trade. The front runners seem to be the Clippers and Warriors, although the Clippers aren't willing to offer both Deandre Jordan and Eric Gordon unless CP3 shows a willingness to sign an extension.

The Lakers and Knicks obviously want him, but New Orleans doesn't want Pau Gasol (which is who they're offering a package around so they can use Andrew Bynum in a trade for Dwight Howard) and the Knicks simply do not have enough assets to trade.

Other teams that are willing to trade for him without the assurance of him signing an extension are the Mavericks, Celtics (who seem to be looking to deal Rondo) and strangely enough, the Rockets. Boston seems to be the front runner out of those teams, with hopes that they can lure D-12 to Boston in the off-season to convince Paul to re-sign.

Should be an interesting next few days.

What do the Mavs have that they could give up? I'm a Mavs fan and I can't think of a trade that they could offer that would trump what the Clippers and the Warriors can offer.

I'm not even sure why the Warriors are in on the Paul deal. It's not like adding him will suddenly make them title contenders. They've got a good young core that they shouldn't be breaking up.

Mavs have picks and could probably find a 3rd team to help make the deal possible.

And can we change the name of this thread? Lockout's over.

Shane Battier signing to the Heat is a pretty good move for them. I don't think it's the missing piece to a championship for them, but at the very least he'll able to help LeBron and Wade guard the opposing teams perimeter players and take some of that pressure off of them.

Apparently, the Knicks are in the lead to land Tyson Chandler, reportedly for somewhere around $14 million annually. We'll have to use the amnesty clause/trade Chauncey Billups and possibly Ronny Turiaf in order to keep money for CP3.