NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

That's what the kids call "hustling backwards". Tyson Chandler is not worth $14 million a year, but I'd rather have him making that than Billups. To trade STAT for Paul after just a year with the team would be really counterproductive.

Speaking of CP3, the new report out is that the Rockets are looking to get into a three team trade with the Hornets and Lakers, with Pau Gasol going to Houston and Luis Scola and Kevin Martin + draft picks going to New Orleans.

Houston for some fucking reason is getting in on the Lakers/Hornets deal. Seems they've decided shipping a bunch of young players and draft picks out, while getting Pau Gasol and paving the way for the Lakers to get both CP3 and Howard is a good idea.

Houston wanted Pau to fill the hole left by Yao, because you really want to have a reliable big man for when the Laker's super team you help create are bouncing out out of the playoffs every year.

Christ, why do they have 30 teams? Just cut it down to 20 and stop raping small market teams.

Looking forward to Heat/Lakers finals for the next several years. :rolleyes:

I would think Noah and Deng for Howard and Hedo would trump anything that the Lakers are going to be able to offer now that Pau and Odom are gone.

Oh don't underestimate how stupidly in love with Andrew Bynum's potential people can be.

I would think Noah and Deng for Howard and Hedo would trump anything that the Lakers are going to be able to offer now that Pau and Odom are gone.

I honestly don't want the Bulls to do that. Yes, having Howard would be a huge relief, but it would gut the team of it's heart and soul (Joakim) and take off the "do-it all" guy, a guy that is one of the best 3 in the game and that does not complain about not being the star. Plus, the defensive drop out from Deng to Hedo is gigantic. And the contracts don't match, so Chicago would have to give even more guys, which is a bad thing.

And come on guys, do you really think that there are not any other suitors out there with better pieces to trade for Howard than LA? I know it's the Lakers, but even they can't get Howard straight up for Bynum

EDIT: For example, I would love to see the Warriors make a run at Howard. Something like Monta, Lee, Biedrins and picks for Howard and Hedo

Edited by Colossus

Howard is leaving regardless, they're going to want to get something for him. Once he says he'll only sign an extension with the Lakers, that's the deal they'll take, because it will be the only one they have. So they'll happily take Bynum over nothing.