NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

There isn't a college basketball topic, so I'll just ask in here...

Does anyone else think Marquette is a joke for suspending three of their players for the first half, and then another for the second half of tonight's game against West Virginia? To me, if you're going to suspend a player, it should be for at least a whole game. Benching a player for just a half is basically saying "You're in trouble, but we need to win, so you're gonna come in during the second half and bring us back." Putting collegiate athletes above the "law" is just what they need. [/sarcasm]

We do have a college basketball thread.... somewhere.

But I do agree, it's a lighthearted suspension and doesn't really get into the player's mindset at all. MU is closing in on a number 1 seed, if they win the Big East tourny they have to get it. If it was a team that knew it was in the tournament, but didn't have a whole lot to play for until the conference tournament, you would have seen more sincere suspensions.

At least the guy who did the best dunk won, despite his other two dunks completely sucking.

They should really think of a way to replace these though, aside from the 3 point contest, they're pretty played out. Too bad NBA players ego are too fragile to have a one on one tournament. They should form their own teams and do a 3 on 3 tournament, or something, excluding the guys who made the All Star team.

Three point contest was one of the best I can remember. Dunk contest will always suck until LeBron and the crew get their head out of their butts. Seriously, they do it to avoid injury? Who has ever been hurt in a dunk contest?

Dwight Howard got a seriously bruised ego and a vaginal contusion when he lost to Nate Robinson with the Kryptonate dunk.

So if the comments about the story on ESPN are any indication, people are having a really hard time seeing why an ice cream dedicated to Jeremy Lin containing fortune cookies might be conceived as somewhat racist.