NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

40-18-9 by Lebron tonight and the pressure was on tonight. Got Wade involved all game. I don't know if it was a must win but it was damn close. I hope the Pacers win, I hope that so hard but Lebron haters are just insane. I don't like the guy really but he gets so much shit and he has so much time left ahead of him.

A little perspective :

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=Y&game_num_type=team&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=40&c2stat=trb&c2comp=gt&c2val=15&c3stat=ast&c3comp=gt&c3val=5&c4stat=fga&c4comp=lt&c4val=27&order_by=pts

5/6 were in overtime I believe.

Edited by rocksta

The Magic fire Otis Smith and Stan Van Gundy. They now eagerly await what new excuses Dwight Howard will come up with for his lack of success and desire to leave.

If Howard leaves Orlando after this, he will be the ultimate villain in the NBA. We're talking LeBron + Wade + Kobe hate. If he goes to the Nets, then at least he'll avoid the bright lights of being part of a big market team :shifty:

The officiating in the NBA is so fucking bad. Somethings gotta change.

Death. Taxes. Shitty NBA officiating. Can't be fixed.

Spurs/Thunder is the only series left that I'm all in for this year. I can only hope whoever wins murders whatever team comes out of the East.

The officiating in the NBA is so fucking bad. Somethings gotta change.

Death. Taxes. Shitty NBA officiating. Can't be fixed.

Spurs/Thunder is the only series left that I'm all in for this year. I can only hope whoever wins murders whatever team comes out of the East.

Death I'll give you.

Taxes can be fixed at least in the complexity of doing them if companies like Intuit weren't lobbying against keeping the tax code so damn complicated.

When it comes to NBA officiating there are numerous parties that have it in there best interest to keep it as is, fucking awful. It may not be able to be fixed but it can definitely be improved. Refs shouldn't win games players should. I don't know if there was any truth to those Donaghy excerpts but that was some flat out terrifying stuff. Refs shouldn't turn or win games much less series and we all have seen it happen to many times. I'm tired of it. The lack of accountability is eroding my interest in the sport. The league is in great shape talent wise but the officiating system is letting the game down. The game is so fast and to have 3 bumbling idiots running around being the sole deciding factors just can't be the best option.

What do you want? Reviews after every play? The argument about referees rigging games is different but you can't come to fixing that through in-game changes. I agree NBA officiating is bad, but generally the bad calls share evenly amongst both teams. The differences usually are when the bad calls happen, and the glaring one we remember happens within the last 2 minutes of a game. But I think for the most part the officiating isn't as bad as Kings-Lakers.

So, in the end, what do you want to do? You can't reinvent the wheel with fixing officiating, the system we have is there because it's better than everything else that's been tried. Do you want a rule where referees have to pass a certain fitness test and there's an age limit? I think that's a possibility and will fix some of the problems with missed calls, but not all. We'll still have games affected by a bad call. It's part of basketball.

In Australia, to referee at higher levels of basketball (not just pro levels) you have to pass fitness tests and other various testing before they allow you to ref... I just assumed that was the same everywhere and I've got no problem with them doing that anyway, they're getting paid to do it, they're not just there for fun...

How three referee's can miss blatantly obvious calls or make bad calls without another overruling is beyond me and something needs to be done about the system but it never will... Think it's just something everyone will have to live with...

Heat/Pacers will go at least one more game I'm betting, seeing as Haslem and Pittman are both suspended for Game 6.

If Granger doesn't play they won't win Game 6. Pittman being suspended is about as irrelevant as if the NBA had suspended me or you for that game. Haslem is a loss, but if there was one game in this series that they could get by without him it's the next one.

Everyone is calling for the WCF to go seven games. I'm saying Spurs in five. Hope I'm wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised with how well SA is playing right now. I didn't expect it, thought they were too much of a regular season powerhouse and it wouldn't translate to a deep playoff run. Like the Suns or Dirk's old Mavericks teams. But if they keep this up they go down as the best Euro-style team in NBA history and the best Spurs team in history as well.

Let's Go Pacers!

Beat the Heat!

Let's Go Pacers!

Beat the Heat!

This is the game that will determine whether 2 1/2 Men will ever win their title together. It feels dirty rooting for the Pacers (Reggie Miller can't die in enough fires for me or for Spike Lee), but sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

So, I can count on no signature from you on the "Reggie Miller for Sainthood" petition? :D