NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

Not excited for the Heat win because I think they will be a tougher match up than the Celtics would have been for OKC. James and Wade are going to cause a lot of problems I think for OKC. Still very much hoping for the Thunder to show Lebron and co. Up though. Ohnhow that would be amazing.

James Harden is going to be the most important player in the series, I think. I don't know who on Miami will guard him while Lebron's on Durant and Wade is handling Westbrook.

I am completely torn. OKC has the nickname edge. Nothing in the NBA comes close to Durantula. It is comical watching the big-three big-fail. But I do like LeBron, when all is said and done, and I would like him to win a ring.

Wade and Harden are going to be the deciding factors in this series. If Wade shows up then Heat are guaranteed a championship, but if they can't find someone to guard The Beard then Thunder are going to have an edge.

Also, I can see Bosh having a very quiet series. Don't see what he can do inside the paint, he's going to be neutralized non-stop.

I hope the Thunder show the Heat who the better big 3 is. I am still hoping Cleveland wins a championship before Lebron. He has turned Wade into a crybaby.

The Thunder don't have a big 3, they have a complete team.

I am still hoping Cleveland wins a championship before Lebron. He has turned Wade into a crybaby.

He's also responsible for the war in Syria, bird flu, the economical crisis and the 2004 Tsunami...

Seriously... what won't people blame him for? The guy left a smaller team to go to a bigger one. Stuff like that happens in team sports every single day. People in Cleveland (and all of the USA) should learn to accept it. (in fact, in Cleveland they should be grateful for the great years he gave them).

I'm not a basketball-expert but have been trying to follow the NBA for the last couple of years now. It's clear to me... he's the greatest player currently in the game. He led the Cavs several years, saw there wasn't hope for a title and went to a bigger team. Seriously, what did you want him to do? Wait until his career was over??

I'm hoping for Miami to get the win. Not because I hate the Thunder (I like Ibaka, Durant, Harden, ...) but because I like Lebron. He's one of the greatest ever and he deserves a title as much as anyone.

• Like 1

I actually asked a Cleveland friend that same question Bolleje, and his response was, that it wasn't that LeBron DID leave. It was HOW he left.

Apparently, right before going on stage to announce his signing for Miami, LeBron sent out a tweet that stated he'd be staying in Cleveland. Because of all the drama surrounding his departure, that was considering one kick to much.

Who cares what he tweeted? He went on national TV and told Cleveland to go fuck themselves. Fuck that guy. Do some research on LeBron Bolleje, he was an immature prick his first few years in the league and nearly got kicked off Team USA because of it.

• Like 1

I was one of LeBron's biggest apologists on the board for a long time, even preferring him over local boy Carmelo Anthony, but The Decision was about the most egotistical, narcissistic, slap in the face I've ever seen in sports or elsewhere. Chamberlain, Bryant, and Jordan were all more egotistical on the court, but off the court LeBron just can't cope with not being the star. I said it before, he's the first superstar like this.

Durant is the exact opposite in every way.

It's not that LeBron left, it's the way he did, and the team he chose to go. He decided that he did not want to beat Wade every year and risk failure, he prefered the safe choice and joined forces with another TOP 10 player. And before you, as any LeBron defender says, talk about Magic and Kareem, the Bird\McHale\Parish, MJ and Scottie, and Boston Big 3, they were all either by draft or by trading. If a team has a Top 10 player and lucks out in a guy that develops in another top 10 player, they were lucky. If a team has a Top 10 player, then the best player in the league and one of the best PF's in the league joins them, that's just wrong.

He could've gone to a real team, like Chicago. He could've become immortal, by going to New York. Instead, he chose a glorified All-Star team.

Heat in 5 or 6.

The Thunder lack of experience costs them two games that they probably should have won. For the first time in his career Lebron steps up and plays huge in the 4th Quarter of these finals. He'll win Finals MVP.

What experience do the Heat have in close games? Sure they lose them, but if anything it's OKC in 5 or 6 because Miami will wilt with the title at stake. If the game is on the line, I'm taking Durant over Chalmers :shifty:

Edited by naiwf