NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

Surely Fisher deserves to be reviled almost as much as Lebron? What he did was fairly horrible and equal to what James did. I get he's old but to just up and quit a team after being traded is fairly shitty.

It's Derek Fisher, it's always been a bit of a twat. Difference being, he doesn't have that air of arrogance about him. Even if he did, he's got rings and a history of showing up when needed to back it up.

The problem with the Heat is that if they get a decent lead, they stop playing in the fashion that got them the lead and turn into the James & Wade show. Compound that with the fact that they didn't even need to use Durant to guard LeBron, and the Heat could be in a mess of trouble by the time this gets back to Miami.

I hate people who complain that the lottery is rigged, this year certainly had the most red flags since the original lottery but it's not like NOLA's odds were horrible or even moderately bad. They had good odds of getting Davis.

But Stern just looks petty here, and he sounds more and more like a man who has been at the helm just too long. He's growing older, more bitter, and the world is passing him by. Surely it's time Stern considered handing over the reins, he just finished his last CBA negotiations so that might be a start in the proper direction.

I hope the Thunder show the Heat who the better big 3 is. I am still hoping Cleveland wins a championship before Lebron. He has turned Wade into a crybaby.

The Thunder don't have a big 3, they have a complete team.

Yeah ok, they didn't go out and buy a big 3, they drafted a big 3. If you don't consider Durant, Westbrook and Harden a big 3 then I really do not know what to tell you. But yes they have a complete team.

I hope the Thunder show the Heat who the better big 3 is. I am still hoping Cleveland wins a championship before Lebron. He has turned Wade into a crybaby.

Yeah ok, they didn't go out and buy a big 3, they drafted a big 3. If you don't consider Durant, Westbrook and Harden a big 3 then I really do not know what to tell you. But yes they have a complete team.

Every team has a big 3, even the Wizards, Bobcats, and Hornets. The quality of a core group certainly affects a team, but what OKC has much more than Miami is a well-built team with guys like Thabo, Ibaka, Perkins, and Collison all filling vital holes on an NBA roster. Miami's team is built with the expectation that Wade and James will score enough where their holes can be patched up. That's the point he was making.

The thing about the Thunder's "big three" is that it doesn't fit the prototypical mold most other teams use. They have an elite SF/SG/PG and fill in the big man spots with quality role players. If the Thunder can score big in an upcoming draft or free agent sign and trade (I don't think they have much cap space to play with) and get someone with excellent low post footwork that can draw doubles in the post, watch out.

Every team has a big 3, even the Wizards, Bobcats, and Hornets. The quality of a core group certainly affects a team, but what OKC has much more than Miami is a well-built team with guys like Thabo, Ibaka, Perkins, and Collison all filling vital holes on an NBA roster. Miami's team is built with the expectation that Wade and James will score enough where their holes can be patched up. That's the point he was making.

I didn't know that Kemba Walker, GM Michael Jordan and Randy, the really good concessionaire, constituted a Big Three.

• Like 1

I didn't know that Kemba Walker, GM Michael Jordan and Randy, the really good concessionaire, constituted a Big Three.

Randy's so over-rated...when the lines are their longest and the pressure is on he couldn't make a good hot dog if his life depended on it.

I disagree entirely that each team has a "big 3." Obviously by Big 3 we are referring to 3 All-Star quality players.

Is anyone really surprised though?

By the way that Durant 3 off the turnover, immediately after Bosh flew by trying to steal? That's what clutch looks like. That was icy as fuck.

Yeah that was incredible, thought for sure OKC was gonna finish the comeback. Durant in the 2nd half, when his team needed him the most, was phenomenal. Wade carried the Heat on the field and James made his foul shots, Bosh had a couple important plays on defense but was generally a non-factor otherwise. Heat need to fix that recipe if they want to win the series, they'll surely drop one in Miami at least.