NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

I'm not sure LeBron is a douche. I think he's naive and a little stupid. He definitely doesn't "get it," but I'm not sure it's not all his fault. He's been protected in some delusional bubble ever since he was a kid and people started hyping him. Anybody who isn't part of LeBron's posse/from Miami/Colin Cowherd could've told him The Decision was the worst idea, but he sincerely didn't think it'd be that big a deal.

I remember when that "What should I do?" commercial came out thinking oh my god, he's actually just fucking stupid. He genuinely doesn't understand why people are mad. And it's because nobody close enough to talk to LeBron would ever tell him that.

One member of the Fab Five managed to pick splinters out of his ass long enough for someone to go win him a title. Admirable patience from Juwan.

Also, I believe Battier is going to become the first Duke player under Coach K to win titles in college and the pros. I think Danny Ferry was Coach K's only player to win one at all when he clung like a barnacle to one of the Spurs' title teams.

Look for Steve Nash to pay Miami to win him that elusive title next season. Is Grant Hill a free agent too? Maybe that can be LeBron's penance. Get all of the old, past their prime NBA darlings scavenged rings and maybe some people will forget all about The Decision.

This does it for me and the NBA, nothing else to root for in that league.

When a guy like LeBron gets rewarded for the shit he pulled, it's not a league I want to waste my time with.

...Wait, wut? What shit he pulled?

This does it for me and the NBA, nothing else to root for in that league.

When a guy like LeBron gets rewarded for the shit he pulled, it's not a league I want to waste my time with.

...Wait, wut? What shit he pulled?

I'm guessing The Decision.

Edited by Fait Accompli

Look for Steve Nash to pay Miami to win him that elusive title next season. Is Grant Hill a free agent too? Maybe that can be LeBron's penance. Get all of the old, past their prime NBA darlings scavenged rings and maybe some people will forget all about The Decision.

Karl Malone's probably blowing up Pat Riley's cell right now.

EDIT:

Is anyone else expecting a letter from Dan Gilbert to be published later tonight?

He popped out a tweet congratulating "OKC and Miami" on the series, and ended with "Back to work on promising Cavs' draft."

• Like 2

Is anyone else expecting a letter from Dan Gilbert to be published later tonight?

He popped out a tweet congratulating "OKC and Miami" on the series, and ended with "Back to work on promising Cavs' draft." Nary a word about whatsisname.