NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

I wouldn't mind the Joe Johnson deal to Brooklyn as a consolation prize for Dwight Howard. If we could somehow get all three together then I would REALLY be excited. Although I assume we would have to fill out the rest of the roster with scrubs... so basically what we played with last year. :shifty:

Johnson to Brooklyn is done in principal. With that contract on the books and those assets removed, along with Gerald Wallace's re-signing, there really isn't a way for them to acquire Dwight Howard, is there? Especially if D-Will re-signs and they add Kidd. Oh hilarious twist of fate for Dwight Howard.

Poor Dwight :( Why won't the league recognise he's his own GM. I hope he has a hissy fit and plays a year in China.

T'Wolves to sign Batum and not Roy please. Would give us a play off team or better provided Derrick Williams develops and Rubio stays healthy (fuck we would have been a play off team this year if Rubio was healthy). We have a dynasty in the making. ^_^

I hope the Nets make that retarded trade for Joe Johnson instead, just to leave Dwight stuck in purgatory for another season. He's somehow making LeBron's handling of The Decision, look bush league in comparison to how masterfully he's destroying his carefully crafted image.

:lmao:

Awesome news coming from Brooklyn.

Also is it weird that to me this is the most exciting part of the season? I love all the rumours and speculation and trying to work out who will improve and how they could do it. I then love the first month or two and my interest slowly wanes as the teams I like lose hope of making the playoffs.

I was going to say. This deal does a lot to prevent the chances of Brooklyn affording both Dwight and Deron. They have to be out of their minds if they think Orlando is taking Brook Lopez and MarShon Brooks. Maybe they could find a third team that wants to be involved in the trade, sending assets to Orlando and getting Brooks and Lopez or maybe getting one of those and whatever expiring deals the Magic want to toss in the process. They can still make a run at moving salary and signing him next offseason but, you know, it's Dwight so you don't know what crazy thing he's gonna demand next week. With Johnson locked into place until 2016 they're at a serious loss for flexibility to make anything happen.

I guess there's still the possibility of them affording both of them, but it's a longshot. They can match salaries in a trade with Orlando. Meanwhile, Atlanta can resign Dwight Howard's buddy Josh Smith and then bring in Dwight as well. I suppose they could make a run at Bynum as a consolation prize or as a red herring to make Howard sign on the dotted line a little more quickly, his name will at least be in the hat in 2013 however likely it is he stays in LA to have the next Laker generation built around him.

Oh, also, I read Brooklyn would want Steve Nash if Deron Williams doesn't work out. Do they just think all these pieces are gonna sit around and wait for the Nets to sort everything out while roster spots fill out?

All I have to say is, if Brooklyn and Orlando do find a third team to make a trade in that scenario, I hope that David Stern keeps out of it. OR he steps in and gets involved and its enough to make the people who matter finally see that he needs to go as NBA commissioner.

Also, I hope the Lakers decide to get rid of Metta World Peace this offseason, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Stern will never get involved in a transaction again. His league doesn't own either Brooklyn or Orlando. He only got involved in the CP3 trade because there was a better package waiting from the Clippers to shore up the Hornets' future and in turn help sell the team to Tom Benson, who is now sitting on a potential contender/cash cow with Davis and Gordon.

EDIT

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8125453/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-go-brooklyn-nets-sources-say

Oh fuck this league, Stern better step in and stop that deal from happening. Nothing like getting 1st round picks from a team that will likely be in the playoffs every year!

Hawks are clearing space in hopes of bringing in hometown boy, Dwight Howard.

I've read everything from Atlanta going after Chris Paul to packaging Horford for Howard (which is a move I supported pre-Dwight's hissy fits). I suspect Ferry's moving in to be a dark horse candidate for Steve Nash, personally. With Horford inside & Smith at the 4, getting someone like Nash would give us a great distributor, something we really haven't possessed since Mookie Blaylock was challenging Stockton for the assists crown.

Can someone explain to me how the Nets could afford Joe Johnson's max deal which is more expensive than any new max deal would be, Gerald Wallace making $10 mil per, plus 2 other max deals in the new CBA? Do they just get to dip into Drago's savings to pay any cap penalties while everyone else tries to get out of those? It makes no sense to me.

Yeah they offered such a huge contract to Nash that nobody can match, they didn't really need to sign Fields. Nash is a hero in Canada, so any attendance problems will at least temporarily be solved by having him play there 41 nights a year.

Jason Terry to the Celtics for 3 years looks a near certainty. I like that signing for them, they should focus on getting younger I guess but he would fit in great in the place where they need him. He was a big reason Dallas beat Miami a year back in the Finals (Not as big as Chandler mind you), so if they're going to have another "last run" next year he's the perfect guy to fit into the team.

Deron Williams stays with the Nets. This is the best offseason in Mavericks history! I can't wait until we start handing out the overpriced contracts to guys who average 6.3ppg and 2.7rpg!

They're linked to him already <_<

Apparently the plan is for them to take a run at Steve Nash, and if that doesn't pan out, try to get Jeremy Lin.

So we'll end up with neither and probably Goran Dragic.

The Nets are apparently trying to swing a sign and trade for LeBron & Wade. Miami will get back 2 front row seats at a Jay Z concert, the rights to Kris Humphries and Kim Kardashian's sex tape, Brook Lopez and everyone of New Jersey's 1st round draft picks until 2100.