NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

The Heat were also lacking Bosh during the series where they struggled. Removing any part of their big 3 means you are able to concentrate on the other two more, thus they'll struggle more. In theory, Ray Allen is going to prevent this from happening.

I'm not sure last year's Mavs team could beat this Year's Hear team. I hate them, but the Heat have perfected how to play together, and if LeBron continues to play at the level he did in the playoffs, they're going to repeat.

Have fun with Lou Williams. His shot selection is flawless..

And he plays great defense.

I'm lying.

Honestly, he could be no worse than what Johnson was. So as long as we didn't give Lou freakin' Williams that kind of money, it's progress. That's all I want from the Hawks this year: progress.

No you don't get it. He won't have as bad of a contract as Johnson but you don't understand his shortcomings. He came off the bench for more than the fact that he was a great scorer. He can't play defense on an NBA level. You can't give him starters minutes, his defense is that bad. His man will consistently blow by him, bully him and generally make him look foolish. He is going to get paid like a starter but if you start him the opposing SG will literally tear your team apart. I'd love to have him back as a 6th man but I know he will be getting paid more than he could possibly be worth. I love all of the Hawks other moves but as someone who has seen enough of Lou this is one I disagree with. His own teammates called him out publicly for his abysmal defense last year. We could have won the Celtics series if our best crunch time scorer wasn't such an overwhelming liability.

Edited by rocksta

Mavericks add Chris Kaman and trade for Darren Collison. Happy about Collison, if he can get back to form that's a solid pick up. Chris Kaman isn't spectacular, but he's better than Brendan Haywood.

SpearsNBAYahoo Jeremy Lin close to being a Houston Rocket with Raymond Felton to NY deal close to being done, sources tell Y!

Knicks letting Lin walk to avoid paying ridiculous luxury tax penalties in 3 years shows that the new CBA got something right, in regards to teams no longer will be throwing out 100 million dollar payrolls every year, because the luxury tax penalties are too steep for it.

Another rumor going around is Dwight to LA, Bynum to Cleveland and picks/cap relief/prospects to Orlando.

I can't believe the Knicks aren't going to resign Lin. I understand there are probably valid business reasons for it, but man, Lin was the most likeable guy on the team in such a long time. It would really be frustrating and heart-breaking having to see him go.

He's a nice guy, and a great story, but at the end of the day he's going to command more money than he probably deserves. New York is trying to build a winner now and Lin would honestly get in the way a bit. This isn't a Rondo situation where the Celtics could have him develop over a 4 or 5 year plan, the Knicks don't have that flexibility. I mean literally, have you seen Amare's knees? :shifty:

But really, this is a pure business decision. They won't lose anything with Felton at the point and avoid a luxury tax penalty down the line.