NBA Thread 2011-12

sahyder1

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19608829/Report:-Cavaliers-enter-Lakers-Magic-Dwight-Howard-trade-talks

Can someone explain to me how LA would land Howard, Cleveland would get Bynum and Orlando would think this was a worthwhile trade to make when the best piece they would get back is the Brazilian Sideshow Bob? The NBA is a joke.

pinch.gif

http://www.cbssports...ard-trade-talks

Can someone explain to me how LA would land Howard, Cleveland would get Bynum and Orlando would think this was a worthwhile trade to make when the best piece they would get back is the Brazilian Sideshow Bob? The NBA is a joke.

If were the Magic, Bynum would be the one player I would want. I sure as hell wouldn't let Gilbert get his hands on him in exchange for Carlito and draft picks. That would be an awful trade, and they would have been better off taking the Brooklyn deal.

• Like 1

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19608829/Report:-Cavaliers-enter-Lakers-Magic-Dwight-Howard-trade-talks

Because Bynum has no intention of signing with the Magic long term he has made that abundantly clear. While it isn't exactly fair value for Howard if they got the initial Bynum+MWP offer after a year they would be stuck with simply MWP. In this scenario they get pieces to began there rebuild on affordable deals that will be around for more then one year.

Orlando is completely fucked now that they didn't work out a deal with Brooklyn. They better pray whatever draft picks they get in a trade turn into stars because no star getting trade thered will resign. Brooklyn had four 1st rounders lined up for them, at the bottom of the round most likely but still they were likely to find some nice core with 2 first round picks over 4 years. Magic will either get nothing or pennies on the dollar, they waited and waited to do the inevitable and now they've done and pulled a Shaq.

At least they got a new arena and lease in time!

Makes no sense why Orlando would want that mess instead of Houston. They could probably get at least Lamb or Royce White along with some other young assets and the Raptors' lottery pick.

It comes down to where Dwight will sign, and he will probably only sign with the Lakers if traded there now. Bynum also has interest in resigning with Cleveland for some reason.

Alexey Shved seems to have signed with the T-Wolves. We may not be the most talented team in the league, but I will be fucked if we don't have one of the best looking back court tandems of all time :pervert:

Makes no sense why Orlando would want that mess instead of Houston. They could probably get at least Lamb or Royce White along with some other young assets and the Raptors' lottery pick.

It comes down to where Dwight will sign, and he will probably only sign with the Lakers if traded there now. Bynum also has interest in resigning with Cleveland for some reason.

Gets to play with Kyrie.

Because Bynum has no intention of signing with the Magic long term he has made that abundantly clear. While it isn't exactly fair value for Howard if they got the initial Bynum+MWP offer after a year they would be stuck with simply MWP. In this scenario they get pieces to began there rebuild on affordable deals that will be around for more then one year.

You also have to keep in mind that this is a new front office so I imagine they just want to hit the reset button and go through a rebuilding process that will be similar to the approach OKC takes since Orlando's new GM came from there.

We have a horrible starting lineup. No way Ridnour is a starting SG. He shouldn't be a starting anything for that matter. which is why I am happy as hopefully it means we can look for a decent 2 guard which is our biggest missing piece. I think Batum would have filled the slot nicely, shame Mayo has gone.

Apparently, Dwight Howard is willing to sign an extension with LA. For now. This could of course change 15 times in the next 12 hours though. If LA ends up with a starting lineup of Nash, Kobe, Jamison, Gasol and Howard that's pretty much lights out, hand Kobe rings # 6 and 7 before he rides off into the sunset. I'm now convinced that the Knicks will never win a title during my lifetime :(

Well neither will Brooklyn so at least you don't have to worry about bandwagon fans getting in your face about it.

I'm starting to come around to the LA deal happening, it's kind of Orlando's last ditch effort to get anything in return for Howard and Cleveland has a lot to gain if they get Bynum to sign long-term there.

As DMN likes to say. Lakers are the best-run team in sports.

Well neither will Brooklyn so at least you don't have to worry about bandwagon fans getting in your face about it.

I'm starting to come around to the LA deal happening, it's kind of Orlando's last ditch effort to get anything in return for Howard and Cleveland has a lot to gain if they get Bynum to sign long-term there.

As DMN likes to say. Lakers are the best-run team in sports.

Doesn't hurt to have had this guy

il42b5kbIuyiQ.gif

For his whole career while being in the one of the most attractive markets in sports.

The point can also be made that they acquired that guy for Vlade Divac >_>

Apparently, Dwight Howard is willing to sign an extension with LA. For now. This could of course change 15 times in the next 12 hours though. If LA ends up with a starting lineup of Nash, Kobe, Jamison, Gasol and Howard that's pretty much lights out, hand Kobe rings # 6 and 7 before he rides off into the sunset. I'm now convinced that the Knicks will never win a title during my lifetime :(

At least you now have another New York team to switch to.

And I don't honestly get all these people posting this vitriol - particularly the racist shit - on Facebook. Do they actually think no one is going to find their posts?

Edited by maninblack

Can we stop talking about Judas Lin already? :shifty: His team will be in the mix for the worst record in the league next year. I'm just glad that the Rockets are going to be stuck with a bunch of cap space tied up in Lin and Omer Asik and that the Raptors boned themselves with that Landry Fields offer sheet and still lost out on Nash. Poison pill contracts poisoning the wrong team has been my favorite part of this offseason.

And now he's back to saying he won't sign..http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8182883/agent-dwight-howard-sign-extension-team-explore-free-agency

The NBA Board of Governors approved a new look for uniforms and a couple of changes in the use of video replay, commissioner David Stern announced Thursday night.

Stern met with the media after the Board of Governors held their annual summer meeting, and said the league is looking to add possibly $100 million in revenue by permitting small advertising patches on uniforms starting in the 2013-14 season.

"The view is that the teams would need a significant time; one, to sell the patch; and number two, for adidas to manufacture the uniforms, because the patch that would be on the players' uniforms would also appear on the jerseys at retail," said deputy commissioner Adam Silver, who is handling the uniform change.

Arnovitz: Progressive Changes

The NBA Board of Governors' changes suggested the league has grown increasingly comfortable with using technology and corporate sponsorship, ESPN.com's Kevin Arnovitz writes. TrueHoop

• SportsNation: Rule Changes Vote

Silver said there are revenue projections from European soccer teams the NBA could use.

I know this is done by alot of soccer teams, but this is the first time a major American sport will have advertising patches on their uniforms. How do ya'll feel about this?