F1 2011.

FLiam

Got this today, ran 3 races so far (all as Kobayashi). Finished 12th in my first one @ Singapore because of a 10 second penalty after hitting Vettel while defending the lead, which dropped me from 4th. 10th @ Monaco, again dropped from 4th because of a 10 second penalty I was given for lap 1 carnage. Was also given a warning for illegal blocking even though I spun out coming into the turn after the tunnel and couldn't get myself righted right away. Finally, won @ Montreal because I made the smart move of not getting myself penalized :P

Really enjoying the whole experience in general, might hook up my Driving Force GT later and see how that gets on :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone had anything on the race incidents tab on race director yet? I've yet to see anything, shame I thought accidents and mechanical failures were supposed to happen more often. Can't get the safety car out either!

Still am really impressed with the gameplay improvements though.

Anyone had anything on the race incidents tab on race director yet? I've yet to see anything, shame I thought accidents and mechanical failures were supposed to happen more often. Can't get the safety car out either!

Fozzy chewed through one of my G27 chords. Whole fucking day I had the door closed so he couldn't go in the room, mum comes home, opens the door, sits down watching my TV. "Fozzies chewing one of the chords". WELL DON'T FUCKING LET HIM.

So now the whole thing is fucked, because it's the cable that is hardwired to the wheel.

I'm at Lotus and I qualified dead last in Australia (though finished in 17th! (Y)) Then qualified in Singapore (I think?) in 19th, one better than my objective. That was in the rain.

I'm loving the game so far. Only complaint is Lotus' lack of KERS. :(

Anyone find qualifying a bit easy? Got it on hard but get pole in a Williams by like 1.5 seconds everytime. Tempted to change to Expert but I'm guessing the actual races will be mega hard.

I am having a bitch of a time to get into a good position let alone get pole.

I race my balls off and still end up like 12th.

Are you using any special car setups or something or are you using the presets?

really loving the game so far, using a 360 wired controller on the PC and i really feel like i need to drive like a madman to get a result. And imho i like it better to end up 12th than get high positions immediately.

I am driving with the HRT team btw. I got DRS but sadly enough no KERS.

Also anyone got a good way to increase oversteer? Most corners i tend to shoot through even at half throttle.

I thought they ended up not including the safety car?

I only use presets, the manual settings are a bit too advanced for me! Although getting pole and winning is hard. I've got pole every race bar China. I even got Monaco on pole, and that track is still an absolute beast to even get round in one piece. Even though I've only got 8 championship points I think after 6 races. D'oh. The game is definitely challenging, it's just qualifying seems a piece of piss then I somehow lose ground through the race or make silly mistakes.

I got safety car out, quite entertaining.

I was under the impression that on race director, if someone crashed you could see the highlights. Apparently it's just used to show people's penalties, which no-one else ever seems to get.

Edited by Gooner27

I took the game round my friend's place and we started a single player career, taking turns on qualifying and halfing the races, etc. and it was great fun.

Started at Lotus and qualified 19th in Australia. Finished the race in 18th by holding off Liuzzi most of the race. Then we go to Malaysia (Lotus' home race) and hot damn, shit went crazy! Q1 we ended in first by a 0.8 second margin. Same for Q2. Q3 we ended up on the front row but could only take second as Jenson Button hammered the entire field by finished 2 secs in front of us! And we were 0.5 ahead of the rest of the field. Madness.

The race started with Hamilton stealing second, Alonso stealing third and us hovering in fourth. Then back to second, dropped down to third, then hit the pits and fell back to tenth. Following the other pits, we emerged in sixth, lost a place to Perez and held for seventh against a rampant Webber, Alguarseri and di Resta! Brilliant fun. After my Q1 performance I completed this entire race weekend and it's the best fun I've ever had on a racing game. So intense and managed to avoid any major fuck ups (though, it was only a 20% race).

Playing all this on hard with a few custom changes made to the assists, though not too many. AI difficulty was on hard as well, which showed in the race but not so much qualifying, where I think the open use of DRS helped me a tonne.

I got my G27 back today. Fixed by a friend of my dads who is a mechanical electrician. Fixed it in like 10 minutes.

Came 23rd in my first race in the Lotus. My pace was steady, but disappointing. Fastest lap was .5 off the next fastest.

I have the difficulty on the one below Legendary.

China! Qualified 19th, finished 20th, in a wet race. Raced my partner, Trulli, the entire race. Our car is in limbo at the moment. We are running 2 seconds faster then all the other bottom teams, but 2 seconds slower then the next set of teams. So it was just us 2 racing.