Euro 2004

pigeon

not a good game overall but it lives a bit throu hoping for the underdog if you ask me (and my tournament winner prediction :shifty: )

If France stais traped like this Zidane might get Red Carded sooner ore later, he loves getting two yellows wen it issent going well for his team.

Edited by Michael Matzat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it hasn't been an exiting game, but the defending by Greece has been simply suberb. If Greece can just get a quick goal it isn't beyond them to defend the whole match and hold on to it. Them scoring is unlikely though, but extra time is still a possibility is Greece continue to play as they are doing.

Yeah, I hate the rule too. Luckily though this is the only tournament we have to put up with it for, as FIFA are going back to the golden goal in time for the next World Cup.

Anyway, this game has been very tactical, and the first half should prove interesting, because I'm sure France don't want extra time but they have lacked ideas this game, and they really need to come up with something special. Best of luck to Greece for the second half.

I'm sure I heard them saying the Silver Goal was going to be scrapped after this tournament, and I don't think it was used in '02 and it certainly wasn't in Euro '00. So... is this just a massively failed experiment, or was it used in the 2002 World Cup?

EDIT: Just seen D's post :)

Edited by Agent_Sm1th

Yeah, I hate the rule too.  Luckily though this is the only tournament we have to put up with it for, as FIFA are going back to the golden goal in time for the next World Cup.

i thought theyéd return to the old 120 minutes rule without anny metal goals ?!

France is way better now, still not annywere near what france qualety was with almost the same team but way better

Edited by Michael Matzat

It hasnt been wonderful, but the second half has been a little bit more interesting

EDIT - HOLY SHIZNIT! GREECE JUST TOOK THE LEAD! GREAT HEADER :D

Edited by MDK

Thoughts on the England game:

Overall, it wasn't bad. England really suffered when Rooney went off. And, as far as Campbell's goal. Perhaps it was slighty harsh, I can also see why it wasn't allowed. I just thought it was iromic that Postiga had been crap this season in the Premiership last season, but ends up keeping Portugal in it. Rui Costa's goal to make it 2-1 was a belter. Beckham needs to stop taking penalties for England. That's three in a row he's missed now.

1-0 Greece...

GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL~!

Fucking awesome from Greece