Euro 2004

pigeon

Also I think its clear that Baros needs to leave Liverpool because its weird how he rarely plays good for them, even though he has proved he is a great player, they just don't use him right for Liverpool.

Good job then that we've sacked the manager who didn't use him then isn't it. Baros will play next season. Benitez has already talked about him, and the fans love him. If Houllier stayed, he would have left.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job then that we've sacked the manager who didn't use him then isn't it.  Baros will play next season.  Benitez has already talked about him, and the fans love him.  If Houllier stayed, he would have left.

True.

Then again it all depends if he can simply play well alongside the Liverpool players. Yeah he more than likely can, but he hasn't shown many signs if you ask me. If he stays then good, because I want to see Liverpool do well next Season, if he was to come to Juventus then hell yeah I'd be happy, as long as he gets what he deserves and that is the right posistion to play in and the right service from the midfielders.

BAROS: I WAS READY TO QUIT LIVERPOOL

Milan Baros has revealed he was set to quit Liverpool before Gerard Houllier was sacked as manager by the Merseyside giants.

Baros has been a revelation for Czech Republic at Euro 2004, netting three goals in his side's passage to the quarter final stages.

The 22-year-old has been undoubted first-choice for Czech boss Karel Bruckner, a far cry from his position at Anfield since joining from Banik Ostrava in December 2001.

However, the striker - who has been linked with moves to Newcastle, Aston Villa and PSV Eindhoven this close season - believes that the arrival of Rafa Benitez could kick-start his Liverpool career - especially after his showing in Portugal.

"Houllier knocked the confidence out of me," he stated. "I wasn't being picked and I thought it would be best to leave Liverpool in the summer.

"I was very hurt at not being in the side. I was fit and felt it was an injustice.

"But a new coach has come in now and the situation has changed.

"Every player will start next season from the same point under Rafael Benitez and we will all have something to prove.

"With the old manager gone, I now want to stay and be a part of it.

"I had lost my motivation at Liverpool and it was only when I met up with my national team-mates that I lost weight, gained some mental belief and got my motivation back.

"I have heard people say I play differently for my country but that's simply not true.

"I play exactly the same at Liverpool but when you play for your club there are not so many people watching you.

"All I can hope is that I transfer this form to next season."

source: skysports.com

-----------------------------------------------

Good lad, Milan :D

It's amazing to think Houllier actually played Heskey over Baros, the majority of the time. It's even more amazing when there's rumours about him becoming the next France manager.

Can you say OMGWTF?!

It's amazing to think Houllier actually played Heskey over Baros, the majority of the time. It's even more amazing when there's rumours about him becoming the next France manager.

Can you say OMGWTF?!

He'll win a couple of trophies, then go crap.

Cisse, Owen and Baros = :wub:

if annyone cares, as everyone predicted sinc the opening match was given to Colina, German Ref Markus Merk will be reffering the Final. German tv has been issing itself in joy over this sinc germany droped out of the tournament...

if annyone cares, as everyone predicted sinc the opening match was given to Colina, German Ref Markus Merk will be reffering the Final. German tv has been issing itself in joy over this sinc germany droped out of the tournament...

He seems pretty competent, and from what I've seen of him he's pretty good. Best choice IMO.

Holy shit. When the Euro started, if someone told me we were going to go to the final, I would've laughed at their face. Now we ARE in the final. I never imagined they could do it, and I'm actually proud of the team. Heh. The twists and turns of football... Saying that, WAY TO GO :D

Edited by Y2Johnny

I really hope Portugal win now, so that England can say they got beat by the best.  Czech Republic will be a hard task for the Portugese though.

Don't count Greece out yet, they've been great in the tournament and I can see them pulling off yet another surprise win tomorrow. But yeah, again, I doubt we will win :ohwell:

(Hey, I've been doubting all this time and it got us this far, maybe it's my good luck charm :P)

I really hope Portugal win now, so that England can say they got beat by the best.  Czech Republic will be a hard task for the Portugese though.

That's one of the reasons I don't want them to win. Also they are not the best, the best is Brazil as they are the world cup holders, Portugal aren't even in the top five, but maybe that's changed now.

Why do I all of a sudden detest Portugal? Certainly because of that twat Ricardo. All he ever does is be over dramatic, falling to the floor for half an hour wasting time. Yeah we all do it, but not that damn bad. Yeah they are a good team and yeah they deserved to win today and have been good throughout the Euro, but to say they deserve to win the whole thing is going over the top. If you ask me they don't stand a chance against Czech, and I'll finally be happy to see them lose a game.

YAY!!! MY PREDICTIONS ARE FINALLY GOING RIGHT!!!!! B)

Portugal played their best here. I said they'd get this far, and they did (despite I wishes for England to win). And I said whoever won England/Portugal would win the tournament, and that may happen.

It's nice to get something out of this :shifty:

Saying that, I'd like to see either Greece or the Czechs go through. Best of luck to them. However, Portugal must win for me to be right.

*SOMETHING IN PORTUGESE THAT CHEERS THEM ON*

That's one of the reasons I don't want them to win. Also they are not the best, the best is Brazil as they are the world cup holders, Portugal aren't even in the top five, but maybe that's changed now.

Why do I all of a sudden detest Portugal? Certainly because of that twat Ricardo. All he ever does is be over dramatic, falling to the floor for half an hour wasting time. Yeah we all do it, but not that damn bad. Yeah they are a good team and yeah they deserved to win today and have been good throughout the Euro, but to say they deserve to win the whole thing is going over the top. If you ask me they don't stand a chance against Czech, and I'll finally be happy to see them lose a game.

Quoted because I agree with every word of it.