Euro 2012

Lineker

big day today! but we're okay because as Steeeevieee G said about Sweden "they aren't France."

Genius Steve!

Anyway, I'd love to see us line up like this

Hart

Johnson - Terry - Lescott - Cole

Walcott - Parker - Gerrard - Young

Welbeck - Carroll

Stick with a simple 442 and go for the win. Make sure Gerrard keeps some of the shackles on and let the wingers and the strikers do the damage. I expect, however, we'll see Milner and Ox in somehow. Ox should be rested and used as a sub. Milner should be kept fresh because we'll need him on in CM at some point.

either way, we need a bloody win tonight.

I don't want to see Young shifted out to the left because he's been so effective playing behind the striker, but if Roy's intent on starting two strikers I don't suppose there's any other way. There's other ways of making the team attacking other than a 4-4-2 but I guess that fits his functional two banks of four approach better. Either way this is the first game we'll get a real indication of England's strength.

Edited by Pesci

Rooting for Sweden and Ukraine tonight. Sure hope to see Sheva and Ibra going through.

After vouching for your team selection graphics the other day, this is how you repay us? :angry:

Yet, most of you were rooting for Denmark.tongue.gif

It's just that they have two awesome players who will be ending their careers soon. If one of them doesn't go through, I'll be rooting for England to get the other spot and go on to beat Spain or Italy.