UK XBox owners

Rich

I'm sure it's still down to them whether or not they sell it to you at that price though.

Having just studied contract law.

Once you have put your details in, its confirmed and they take the money on your card the contrac tis formed. Consideration means that you both have to offer something of value, the value must be sufficient (ie of a value) not necessarily appropriate, (ie the RRP). Once you have the receipt, that's what you pay.

Had it been on the shelves then its an offer to treat and therefore they do not have to sell it at that price. Electronic contracts are, in this case, much harder to get out of.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's still down to them whether or not they sell it to you at that price though.

Having just studied contract law.

Once you have put your details in, its confirmed and they take the money on your card the contrac tis formed. Consideration means that you both have to offer something of value, the value must be sufficient (ie of a value) not necessarily appropriate, (ie the RRP). Once you have the receipt, that's what you pay.

Had it been on the shelves then its an offer to treat and therefore they do not have to sell it at that price. Electronic contracts are, in this case, much harder to get out of.

Pretty sure Play made a similar mistake like this before, it was posted here and nobody got anything. It's probably written into all of these type of companies terms and conditions even though yes, it is more than invitation to treat.

I've seen a few of these mistakes on websites and there's definitely a get-out clause they have to allow them to give you a refund. Think in the case of obvious error the company aren't required to honour the deal.

Even in real life, if a game is mis-labelled, the shop still aren't required to sell the product at that price.

HMV are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our web site. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered before the contract is made (see (b) above) we will contact you as soon as possible by email.

Eh... I guess its fairly pointless then :(