General Snooker Thread

ONO

Hawkins has looked nervous since beating his previous best at the championships. The only reason hes here is probably because Walden bottled it even more. I'd go as far as to say that if Hawkins wins this, it'd be one of the biggest sporting upsets I've ever seen.

Faultless snooker in the last two frames from Hawkins, he'll have to keep that up if he's to keep Ronnie at bay. Still expect Ronnie to take this session 5-3 or 6-2 though.

Hawkins can't keep up this level of snooker for much longer. He was even getting the run in that last frame too. Ronnie just needs a chance and it'll be business as usual.

Ronnie levels at 3-3. Some high quality stuff so far, breaks of 74, 92, 88, 81, 50 and 76.

Top quality session of snooker. Ronnie leads 5-3 after two successive centuries.

Edited by Starvinho

Ronnie leads 10-7 at the end of the evening's session. I think he'll be happy with that considering he's not been at his very best and Hawkins has played some very good stuff. Play resumes tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah Hawkins has played really well, but I think it's also fair to say he had the majority of the luck too. There was one frame where he played three poor shots consecutively but remained safe, while O'Sullivan only once got a good result after opening the pack.

Should be a good final day. I think Barry has to tie the first session, or even mini session, otherwise Ronnies going to get away. Plus the bigger the gap gets the more pressure is going to be put on his long pots. I think he'll start to fall away like Trump did towards the end of the third session.

That said, if he can keep pace and maybe even win the first mini session, the longer it goes anything could happen.

I think theres a decent (obviously still low) chance of a 147 today. If Hawkins messes up a break off/safety, Ronnies already shown hes up for having a crack at one.

Yeah I agree with that, Hawkins has had the most luck. Fair play to Ronnie though, he hasn't let it bother him.

Can see Ronnie taking this afternoon's session 5-3 then it's just a matter of finishing it off tonight. Would love a 147 and there's always a chance with Ronnie.