The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

There's also the chance that Barcelona decided to 'buy' him for £20m and then immediately loaned him to Santos for the next two years.

That way Santos gets a chunk of money right now to invest into theirs squad, Barcelona get a guarantee that he's their player and Neymar gets to develop at Santos.

Another thing Balague said was that if Santos accept another offer then they're required to pay Barcelona 20m euros. If that's all accurate (and it seems pretty feasible) then surely if Madrid were to bid at least 10m euros more than Barcelona then Santos could still profit by accepting it? Not to mention the fact that they'd have had the payment from Barcelona for some time, using it or earning interest.

Balague said this? Think i'll wait until there is something more concrete.

Funny rumour of the day: Wayne Bridge being linked to Arsenal on loan.

I have decided El Hadji Diouf is like the proto-Andy Carroll as far as Liverpool forwards go. Cost way too much, scored way too few goals and will end up playing in the Championship by the time he's thirty. :shifty:

The more time goes on, the more likely that Gary Cahill joining Chelsea next month seems.

AVB has done his coy little "interesting player" speech, Coyle has admitted there has been dialogue between the two clubs.

Latest rumour is £5 million. Either way, if it is going to happen I'd like it to happen at the very start of the window please...

Predictions:

Beckham will join PSG - "To re-establish France as a major European footballing power" whilst clutching a bag of cash

Gary Cahill will end up at Chelsea in this season's "It makes sense but I still didn't see it coming" move

Torres will be loaned to Athletico Madrid/Malaga. Chelsea have enough strikers to take the hit and use it as a "It benefits both parties in the short term" move.

2/3 isn't that bad <_<

• Admin
Newcastle will focus on buying a defender rather than a striker following confirmation that Modibo Maiga's move to Tyneside has collapsed.

The Sochaux forward, 24, was set for a £6m transfer in January.

But the deal broke down because of medical concerns over one of the Mali international's knees.

Malouda's linked with Ancelotti at PSG. Seems logical and all that, since he's barely started more than the odd game this season, but I don't like all this supposed hemorrhaging of attacking players without any talk of who might replace them...

Henry might be okay at Arsenal as backup. Has its pros and cons, sentimentally it's quite nice, similar to why you find the odd United fan who'd take Beckham back on a loan, but it'd be sad if he was rubbish. With that said he's probably better than Chamakh (aren't we all).

If I'm a Chelsea fan... dunno about Gary Cahill. Not sure I'd be happy about that. He's another body which helps when you have a few injuries and 7 million or however much is a fair enough price but they'll need a few others in that area of the pitch. Terry/Luiz/Cahill, could be some LOLarity in those pairings. Nice to hear Sam Hutchinson will probably be registered in January though, never really saw him (at any level) but it's always sad when any team loses a youngster to injury and for him to come back from retirement and return to the first team is a nice story.

If I'm a Chelsea fan... dunno about Gary Cahill. Not sure I'd be happy about that. He's another body which helps when you have a few injuries and 7 million or however much is a fair enough price but they'll need a few others in that area of the pitch. Terry/Luiz/Cahill, could be some LOLarity in those pairings. Nice to hear Sam Hutchinson will probably be registered in January though, never really saw him (at any level) but it's always sad when any team loses a youngster to injury and for him to come back from retirement and return to the first team is a nice story.

It's difficult to tell, or to disassociate Cahill's quality from the team around him, without having watched Bolton very closely every week, which I of course haven't. Obviously if Alex wants to leave for whatever reason, we need another centreback. Or alternatively another right-back, which would allow Ivanovic to be centreback full-time. Either way.

Hutch was at about the same level of our other young fullbacks (e.g van Annholt) when I last saw him, but given the injury he's come back from, it seems a hell of a lot to ask for him to reach the same levels again. I imagine he's just happy to be playing, and who knows where and how he'll end up doing it.