The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

Did he get the 500k p/w or whatever it was he wanted afterwards? :shifty:

I believe to offset the costs of his weekly wages, he is now majority shareholder of Chelsea.

Really hope this goes through though, although if he didn't go now he'd have probably left in the summer.

• Admin
Bolton Wanderers defender Gary Cahill could be unveiled as a Chelsea player on Monday after passing his medical.

The England centre-half, 26, completed the assessment at Chelsea's Cobham training ground on Saturday morning.

"Gary passed his medical and should be our player soon," confirmed Chelsea manager Andre Villa-Boas.

Cahill, who sat in the stand to watch Chelsea beat Sunderland on Saturday afternoon, could now make his debut against Norwich City next weekend.

Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean has revealed that defender Chris Samba will have hospital tests after missing the 3-1 win over Fulham through illness.

The 27-year-old, who stated this week that he wanted to leave the club, reported sick on Friday by text.

"Chris will be at the hospital either tonight or tomorrow morning," said Kean. "Just for tests, because he has complained of severe stomach cramps.

"He texted the doctor to say he was feeling unwell. He is not for sale."

Samba, who signed a contract extension at Ewood Park last year, was quoted in French newspaper L'Equipe this week as saying "I feel it's time to change".

Kean has yet to discuss the matter with Samba but maintains that the Congolese defender will not be leaving Ewood Park.

"It's simple," said Kean. "We had a bid for Chris Samba from one club, we refused the bid and our statement is there for everyone to see. He is not for sale.

"We'll make sure the virus he has is not too serious, that it clears up and he can be available for Everton.

Josh McEachran confirmed to be joining Swansea on loan. I presume it was only delayed over the weekend to see if Michael Essien would cripple himself again during his 20 minute cameo.

Very good for both parties, haven't seen much of him, but Fifa makes me think he's a potential world beater :shifty:.

• Admin

More on that Henrique line - Sao Paulo have already signed Jadson from Shakhtar to replace him. It'll be a 18-month loan deal with the option to make it permanent in 2013.

Manchester City are understood to have won the race to land Real Madrid starlet Jose Angel Pozo.

QPR manager Mark Hughes has said there is absolutely no chance of the club signing Carlos Tevez in the January transfer window. Inter Milan could now be favourites to sign Tevez after derby rivals AC Milan suggested their priorities are in other areas.

Loic Remy scored twice in front of watching Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp as Marseille dented Lille's Ligue 1 title defence with a 2-0 win at the Stade Velodrome.

More on that Henrique line - Sao Paulo have already signed Jadson from Shakhtar to replace him. It'll be a 18-month loan deal with the option to make it permanent in 2013.

My man in Brazil (:shifty:) tells me he's a primadonna and looked lazy and overall pretty poor when he was recently sent on loan. His good U20 performances haven't been remotely matched in his club football.

Edited by -A-

Ademilson will be better anyways.

Berbatov shouldn't go back to Leverkusen. He should come to Sunderland where his talents will be always on display and loved by the fans. (They won't because he doesn't have WORKRATE! which is all we care about.)

I don't want Berbatov to go back to the Bundesliga because I think he's still capable of doing a good job in the Premier League. Such a talented player with the ball. However given his choice of clubs will probably be rather limited and I'd rather he succeeded in Germany than wound up playing for a team like QPR - it may be for the best in the grand scheme of things.

Just wish Ferguson would do something proactive with his team though. It's clear to everyone that the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal need to spend big if they want to compete with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid who, at the moment, have players on their bench who are better than plenty of Man Utd and Arsenal's starters. If this continues then Paul Merson will go into cardiac arrest from the Premier League not being the best league in the world ever ever ever anymore. Not that it will stop him saying it is.

Edited by IAceI

• Admin

Inter Milan president Massimi Moratti has confirmed that he has now lodged a €25million bid for Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez. Moratti also admitted they were not the only club chasing Tevez, including PSG and also English clubs.

Manchester United starlet Ravel Morrison has insisted on Twitter that he has not turned down a contract offer from the club.

Dougie Freedman says he has spoken to Kenny Dalglish and Sir Alex Ferguson about Wilfried Zaha, but has reiterated the Crystal Palace winger is not for sale.

Everton have taken American international striker Edson Buddle on trial, his agent has confirmed. The 30-year-old is currently with Bundesliga Zwei outfit Ingolstadt, who he joined 12-months ago.

Sky Sports understands that Blackburn have rebuffed enquiries from Queens Park Rangers and Stoke City for Steven N'Zonzi.

Honduran midfielder Jorge Claros claims to be on his way to Rangers for a trial, with Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre having helped to open the SPL door.

Berbatov shouldn't go back to Leverkusen. He should come to Sunderland where his talents will be always on display and loved by the fans. (They won't because he doesn't have WORKRATE! which is all we care about.)

Berbatov_375683a.jpg

Hands off! He's ours to boo! And yep, we'd hound him mercilessly too, because our fans are fucking stupid. Good win yesterday and the forum I'm thinking of stopping frequenting are full of people slagging Shola for not chasing in the last 5 minutes when he was clearly knackered. Berbatov wouldn't stand a chance.

Could be worse, your fans could want to sack the manager who's done a brilliant job given he constantly has his best players stolen from him and replaced with freebies, or they could want rid of your 20 goal a season striker because he's not being given any chances he's shit, lazy and not up to the job.