Just bought a mega drive!

Dan

This is an awful video, because the player isn't getting himself killed enough. As the weakest character ever known in the history of video gaming (but with nine lives), it you don't kill Bubsy at least a handful of times then you're not doing it right.

Oh God yes. Bubsy can be killed by a light breeze.

Loads of what would have been my suggestions have come up already, but you need Streets Of Rage 2.

I'd also strongly endorse Mickey Mouse's Castle Of Illusion, Golden Axe 1 & 2, Altered Beast and Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game. Oh, and any of the "Strike" games. Urban Strike was my personal favourite, but Desert Strike is probably objectively the better game.

I loved the Strike games. I forget which was which, but my favourite was the one that started off with you in Washington protecting the presidents limousine. For some reason I never really took to Nuclear Strike oddly.

Seriously.

We have gone this far in a Mega Drive thread without suggesting Speedball 2:Brutal Deluxe?

For shame.

A hundred times this. Stoker's bang on for everything else, especially Zool. Jungle Book, Lion King and Aladdin were all amazing platformers, and Eternal Champions might be the most underrated beat-em-up of all time. Wonderful theme song too.

Road Rash 2 was probably the best of that series, and I also enjoyed the rollerblading off-shoot, Skitchin'.

Finally, Micro Machiens Turbo Tournamnet '96 is one of the greatest games of all time.

The Chaos Engine. I cained that game out for so long when I was a youth.

Definitely Road Rash and Skitchin'.

There was a game called Gods, I had it on the PC but I think it was on the Mega Drive as well. I remember it being hard as balls.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to bump this thread, as I've been rocking the Mega Drive a fair bit lately. Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game and Cuty Suzuki's Ringside Angels, in particular.

I've got a box under my bed full of Mega Drive games I don't play. Out of interest, how much are you paying on eBay for your games?

I'm generally reluctant to pay more than a couple of quid, though that's largely because I've got one of those new Mega Drive things with 20 games built-in, and not all things play perfectly on them.

An awful lot of Mega Drive games, especially the more obscure ones, go for big money on eBay, though. A few auctions I've been in have gone up past £45.