[EWR] 1998 scenario, version XXVIII

Let me look for Sgt

loyalty to vince mcmahon

friendship with Bobby Heenan

friendship with jim duggan

friendship with iron sheik

friendship with ricky steamboat

friendship with curt hennig and larry hennig(if in)

friendship with patt Paterson(of in)

not sure about him and hogan and pipper tho

If you're still after relationships for Monsoon, the big ones are that he should have a friendship (if not loyalty) with Bobby Heenan, and a loyalty to Vince McMahon.

George Steele and Gorilla could possibly have a friendship with each other - Steele called Gorilla "a great friend" when he passed away.

It's difficult to find anything else...Gorilla was pretty much universally liked and respected, so it would be overkill to take every example of someone calling him a "friend" or a "great man" and turn that into a friendship on EWR. Safe to assume there won't be any hate or dislike relationships for him, though.

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm almost done with all the relationships but I have one situation that I need resolved, and I'm hoping people who know more about the situation can help:

What should the relationships between Sunny and the Kliq members be? I had them as dislike but I've heard conflicting stories (just skimming the net). Some say the Kliq's problems were with Candido and others but NOT Sunny, but I also remember the infamous "shit sandwich" story.

Should Sunny have friendships with Nash, Syxx, Hall, Triple H, and HBK, or should they be dislikes? Or neither?

And while I'm at it, should HBK and Steve Austin have a friendship (they're friends now), dislike (read rumors that HBK didn't want to put Austin over), or neither?

If we're going at the time, then it would have to be dislike. It's still just a rumor but it's believed that Michaels wasn't willing to lose to Austin at WM14 and Undertaker had to threaten him into going on with the match because it was 'right for business.'

I think it was more of a thing with Michaels, himself, than with him and Stone Cold, really. The option could've been to drop it to Taker, Kane, Shammy, Foley or anyone else and he would've been hesitant. He knew his time was up and he was being pushed out the door so he didn't want to drop the title. As far as I know, him and Austin were pretty cool with each other, before and after he became born-again, just not really "friendship" worthy.

When Michaels appeared on Austin's Redneck Island thing, Austin said in an interview that, while they were both wrestling full-time, he barely spent any time with Shawn. So no relationship at all is fine.

Sunny I would give a dislike with Waltman and Michaels, definitely - I don't think there's any need for a relationship with the rest of the Kliq.

When Michaels appeared on Austin's Redneck Island thing, Austin said in an interview that, while they were both wrestling full-time, he barely spent any time with Shawn. So no relationship at all is fine.

Sunny I would give a dislike with Waltman and Michaels, definitely - I don't think there's any need for a relationship with the rest of the Kliq.

Well, I heard Hall and Nash were in on the "shit sandwich" and that Nash supposedly supplied it.

I'd like to help with getting this done. I've been tinkering with the original '98 scenario. I didn't see this until now, or else I wouldn't of wasted my time. dry.gif

So if there is anything I can help with. Just let me know.

I need all the help I can get with this.

I have 'finished' the relationships for now (went through adding in relationships for every worker in the game, at least the ones I could find).

I have 1687 workers (with more I could add in if I have the info/interest), 2851 relationships, and I'd like to have 24 promotions if I can get proper info on all of them for workers, staff, etc.

I'm done for now on workers, TV networks, and relationships - that's not to say I won't edit/fix/change anything. I just don't really want to add any extra stuff in those categories until after I do some major work on other areas - namely alter egos, promotions, tag teams, staff, titles, events, additional TV shows, sponsors, etc.

I'm going to focus on alter egos next, as it should be the easiest thing to get done. After that is probably either tag teams, sponsors, or staff. Then I'm gonna get to work on the promotions (as well as their titles, shows, and events).

EDIT: I also have pics for all the workers I have in the game. I haven't included them in the download link below, though.

Anyway, here is a link to what I have done so far, if anybody wants to look through the three main areas I've finished (workers, tv networks, and relationships) and see if anything looks out of whack or needs fixed, I'd greatly appreciate that.

EDIT: Just ran the database maintenance program and my relationships went down to 2739. Not sure how that happened.

Sponsors in the data: 47

1-800-Collect

Acclaim

America Online

Blockbuster Video

Budweiser

Burger King

Castrol GTX

Ceaser's Palace

Chef Boyardee

Coca-Cola

Disney

Dodge

Dunkin' Donuts

Edge of Survival (getting taken out)

Electronic Arts

Ford

Gatorade

KFC

Little Ceaser's

Lugz Boots

M&Ms

Marvel Comics

McDonald's

Microsoft

Molson

Nike

Nintendo 64

Pepsi

Pizza Pizza

Playboy

Radio Shack

Sega Saturn

Slim Jim

Snickers

Sony PlayStation

Sports Illustrated

SquareSoft (getting taken out)

Stacker 2 (getting taken out)

Subway

Taco Bell

The Observer

The Torch

THQ (changed to THQ/AKI)

Universal Studios

Viacom Inc. (getting taken out)

Wal-Mart

Sponsors to be added: 31

7-Eleven

K-Mart

Target (Dayton Hudson in 1998)

Sears

Toys 'R' Us

NAPA Auto Parts

AutoZone

Pizza Hut

Blimpie

Jack in The Box

Hooters

Sonic

A&W

Holiday Inn

Mattel

Coors

Corona

Mountain Dew

Surge

Faygo

Jolt Cola

Marlboro

Camel

Skoal

Toyota

Honda

Chevrolet

Harley-Davidson

1wrestling.com

Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Western Union

If there are sponsors that anyone would like to add, or think should be removed. Feel free to nitpick. I'll be updating this list regularly.

Edited by Disturbed

I would definitely do an overhaul on what's in there. If memory serves, I didn't edit any of the original data - or I may have even copied it from another scenario as a base.

You can leave Microsoft in. I mean, they had Windows, even if XBOX wasn't around yet. I had a list of WCW sponsors somewhere. I'll have to dig it up and post it.

I know what you mean. I was just trying to think of sponsors off of the top of my head, or companies that would of been relevant in 1998. Whether it was in pop culture or whatever. Like Jolt Cola had product placement in movies during 1990's. Even though Jolt Cola is out of business now (unfortunately).

There's a couple that I'm still doing research for. Like Lugz Boots, they were around but I'm not sure if they would be relevant for 1998. I'm just trying to make these sponsors as authentic as possible for the time period.

I know the WWF had their own "1-800-Collect" type of sponsor. If I remember correctly, it was "Dial 10-321" or something. I'm looking it up as I type this. But I could definitely use that list of WCW sponsors when you get the chance. I have enough to keep me busy for now though.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a wrestler you can add that wrestled for NWAFL, Mike Sullivan who tag teamed with Scoot Andrews, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Sullivan_%28wrestler%29, I uploaded a photo for you as well, here

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/mhoover/Mike Sullivan2.jpg and http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/mhoover/Mike_Sullivan.jpg

Another wrestler to add for NWAFL is Jet Jaguar some references http://ipwsites.8m.com/niemi/shoot3.htm http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/jet-jaguar-2359.html?prom_id=4 and photo http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/mhoover/Jet_Jaguar.jpg

Also did you add the Shane Twins? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Twins

Edited by PhilaHitman

I know for sure the Shane Twins are in. I want to say Jet Jaguar is in but I might be wrong. I'll check those other two (Jaguar and Mike Sullivan) tonight.

EDIT: The Shane Twins are in as Biff and Chaz Wentworth.

It doesn't appear that Jet Jaguar or Mike Sullivan are in the game. Do you have suggestions for stats (relative to the other wrestlers in the game)?

Sullivan I would suggest 50 brawl 79 speed 57 technical 55 charisma 85 selling 40 stiff over 30 and check mark high spots and trainer Neckbreaker finisher, also his tag team with scoot andrews is called Naturally Marvellous experience would be 35

Jet 25 brawl 81 speed 50 technical 40 stiff 90 selling 60 charisma 35 over check mark high spots Flying Legdrop and DDT finisher

both would be lightweights

I am sure Billy Fives is in, another NWAFL regular

Edited by PhilaHitman