[EWR] 1998 scenario, version XXVIII

Not sure if I'll get an update posted. Had to babysit my sick niece most of the weekend. I'll try to get something posted soon. Meanwhile, if people could reach a consensus on the risk ratings for TBS, TNT, and WCW in general, that would be good. I gave the networks moderate increases in the meantime after looking at these two threads:

http://www.ewbattleground.com/index.php?/topic/3982-matches-and-the-risk-levels/

http://www.ewbattleground.com/index.php?/topic/3984-angles/

Great data, absolutely love it so far!

Remove John Nord, Manny Fernandez, Brian Knobbs and Maxx Muscle from WCW

Lower The Renegades overness to 54

Deactivate Yokozuna and Owen Hart

Lower George Souths wages to 20000

Remove the loyalty relationship between Hogan and Savage

Add a friendship between Kevin Nash and Rick Rude

Add a friendship between Sunny and British Bulldog.

Edited by Y2JFan111

Remove John Nord, Manny Fernandez and Maxx Muscle from WCW

Remove the loyalty relationship between Hogan and Savage.

Nord was hired in WCW in late 97 and lasted till 98 (jobbed to Goldberg).

Remove John Nord, Manny Fernandez, Brian Knobbs and Maxx Muscle from WCW

Remove the loyalty relationship between Hogan and Savage

Add a friendship between Kevin Nash and Rick Rude

Add a friendship between Sunny and British Bulldog.

As mentioned above, Nord was definitely working for WCW. As for the others:

Manny Fernandez worked for WCW in late '97 and I'm pretty sure made sporadic appearances on Worldwide and the other smaller shows. He should be in under an open contract.

Maxx Muscle may not have been. It's hard to tell with the gap in his match history.

Looks like Brian Knobbs wasn't in WCW at the time so I'll remove him.

I added those relationships. I didn't remove hogan/savage because they were still really good friends at this point as far as I can tell.

I didn't remove hogan/savage because they were still really good friends at this point as far as I can tell.

For my data, I did some researchs too and i found these infos:

Randy Savage did a radio shoot against Hogan after his departure in 1993. He stated that after he lied at Arsenio Hall (1991) about use of steroids, their relationship was over.

He accused Hogan for his divorce with Elizabet too.

For what I understand, their relationship was just business in WCW. He knew that the money would be bigger in a feud with Hogan more than with Flair.

The Manny Fernandez who wrestled Goldberg in '97 wasn't the Raging Bull but this guy:

As for Knobbs, refering to results from The History of WWE, the Nasty Boys leaves WCW in the first week of 1997 and Brian Knobbs is back in April 1999 for their new hardcore division.

Also, Scott Putski was 31 (and not 32). ^_^

Edited by conker8
  • Like 1

I'd like to play this scenario but starting just after Wrestlemania 14. Could please suggest public image for WWF and WCW? I'd like to know your opinions.

Also, Bill Goldberg was way more over in April than in January. Is overness boost to something like 85 sufficent for him?

I don't think WCW's public image would need dropped by April. If anything boost it 5 points. WWF's should be around the same as WCW's, as they were pretty even right around Mania before WWF slowly started to take back the ratings. WrestleMania was a huge success in terms of buy rate, but WCW was still very, very popular.

A few guys would need overness boosts. DDP, Goldberg, The Rock, maybe Raven and Jericho, possibly guys like Guerrero, Benoit, Kane, Austin, etc. HBK would probably be a non-wrestler by then, too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wound up with way more sponsors than I wanted but I don't feel like trimming them yet. I'm at 350 and there are plenty of sponsors for each 'level' of promotion.

Here is the sponsors data file if anyone wants to replace it in the original download and see how it works for them. Feedback/assistance is appreciated:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/98v021

I wound up with way more sponsors than I wanted but I don't feel like trimming them yet. I'm at 350 and there are plenty of sponsors for each 'level' of promotion.

Here is the sponsors data file if anyone wants to replace it in the original download and see how it works for them. Feedback/assistance is appreciated:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/98v021

I love all the sponsers, please don't delete any!

Edited by PhilaHitman

Thanks, man. I've been working on staff for the last few days. I'm up to 267. Still have a lot to add to meet all the requirements. Once I finish with the staff, I've okayed with iDOL that I'm going to make a whole new thread since this one has been through a lot.

Once I get staff done (including owners), then tag teams will be the next priority, as well as stables within each promotion. After that, it's just verifying rosters and staff within each promotion/adding them to promotions and touring commitments, and then cleaning up the events and belts/titles.

I have hopes to finish this before the end of summer. I think making a new thread after finishing staff will lead to higher productivity because right now with all the replies people probably assume things are moving faster than they really are.

Please - and this goes to anyone - let me know if you want to help work on tag teams, belts, or adding people to rosters. I currently have 1692 workers - would like to get more added after fixing the other areas.

EDIT:

If anyone can provide as much information as possible on Bill Shaw and Bob Dhue, both of whom were executives at Turner and possibly still involved with WCW at this point, I'd appreciate it. I want to know if it's worth including them in staff or not.

Staff to verify:

Axel Cruz

Bill Shaw

Bob Dhue

Awesome job, really love this scenario! Once you are done with tag teams, staff etc. would you consider adding some early 2000's IWS guys like Kevin Steen, El Generico, The Viking, Damian, Green Phantom, Beef Wellington, Excess, etc.?

I would raise One Man Gang's charisma to 60, 37 seems very low for him.

Add Mark Kyle

37 years old

heavyweight

finisher: Spinebuster

wage: 14000

heel, opener, bodyguard

Brawl 45

Speed 18

Tech 19

Stiff 62

Sell 63

Over 32