[EWR] 1998 scenario, version XXVIII

hey, would it possible for someone to re-up the pic pack? really enjoying this scenario the pics would make it that lil bit better. thanks very much!

Sorry about the delayed reply. Been pretty busy. I've reuploaded the pics for the scenario:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c70i8p

As for everyone inquiring about updates, I really do want to finish this scenario. Y2JFan111 was going to send me the tag team work he had done, but the rapidshare link didn't work and I haven't received any replies from him lately, so hopefully he'll be in touch soon. Outside of that, I've been rather busy with some charitable work I've been doing as well as other obligations. I'm still hoping to complete this scenario by the end of this summer. If anybody wants to help out or anything, please drop a comment here and I'll try to organize stuff a little better.

I would be willing to help out but I just started coming around the forum again so I am not sure where you're at and what needs doing. I've been playing with the scenario for an upcoming diary and I have got to recommend removing some of the useless celebrities and MMA stars from the data. It really hurts the realism of the game world when guys like Tito Ortiz and Randy Couture become big names in other promotions. Keep the ones who appeared in wrestling within say, a year timespan from 1998. The rest are pretty silly.

I would be willing to help out but I just started coming around the forum again so I am not sure where you're at and what needs doing. I've been playing with the scenario for an upcoming diary and I have got to recommend removing some of the useless celebrities and MMA stars from the data. It really hurts the realism of the game world when guys like Tito Ortiz and Randy Couture become big names in other promotions. Keep the ones who appeared in wrestling within say, a year timespan from 1998. The rest are pretty silly.

I'll go ahead and listen to popular opinion on this, but I put them in there because they were actively fighting at the time and Pride FC is in the game, and most of them are in the current updates or recent stats updates.

Sorry about the wait on tag teams I was busy with College and am just back from vacation I will send you the finished list tonight. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Stats for Kim Duk:

Brawl 67

Speed 25

Tech 54

Stiff 64

Sell 72

Over 45

Charisma 55

Att 80

Behave 90

Shoot

Heel; Evil Foreigner

Non-Wrestler

Speaks:No

Nationality:Other

Piledriver

Karate Chop

Atler Egos: Tiger Chung Lee, Tiger Toguchi, Ultra Seven, YAMATO, Masanori Toguchi

Edited by Y2JFan111
  • Like 1

The celebrities are needed in the scenario. Anyone can remove them before playing, just like how I have to fix certain things to suite my own preferences.

For what reason are they needed?

I get that PRIDE is in the game and some of them were fighting there, but the whole PRIDE roster isn't in the game either. It's designed for PRIDE to have the true wrestling crossovers, which some of the guys in here are not. They're certainly easy enough to delete, but it's a pro wrestling game, and they detract from the realism of the pro wrestling world in North America (where the playable portion of the game takes place). It's pretty easy to add them, too, if you really want them in your game world.

Perhaps, as a compromise, you could provide a readme that has the celebrities/MMA fighters in the data listed so that at least if/when people want to delete them there aren't any that slip through the cracks when they start their game.

The celebrities are needed in the scenario. Anyone can remove them before playing, just like how I have to fix certain things to suite my own preferences.

For what reason are they needed?

I get that PRIDE is in the game and some of them were fighting there, but the whole PRIDE roster isn't in the game either. It's designed for PRIDE to have the true wrestling crossovers, which some of the guys in here are not. They're certainly easy enough to delete, but it's a pro wrestling game, and they detract from the realism of the pro wrestling world in North America (where the playable portion of the game takes place). It's pretty easy to add them, too, if you really want them in your game world.

Perhaps, as a compromise, you could provide a readme that has the celebrities/MMA fighters in the data listed so that at least if/when people want to delete them there aren't any that slip through the cracks when they start their game.

I've thought about accompanying a readme file with the game, and that's definitely something I could put in there. I don't want to just remove them because I don't really agree with your assessment that it's just as easy to put them back in. It's the same reason why Bill prefers to leave people in the game even if they're not regular wrestlers. To add someone back in, you have to do stats, commitments, relationships, alter egos, etc. To remove them you just have to hit the delete button.

I will add this it is insanely annoying having to go through and lower every MMA fighter overness to under 50 besides maybe a handful.

I looked and only found like half a dozen or so who were 50 or over. It didn't seem like very many. I might have missed some - can you list the ones that are in severe need of lowering?

I haven't received the tag info from Y2Jfan yet, but just as well as I haven't had any real time to work on it. Still shooting for the end of summer, but we'll see...

• 1 month later...

Add a friendship between Billy Gunn and Flash Funk

Add a friendship between Jesse James and Flash Funk

Add a friendship between Ahmed Johnson and Booker T

Add a friendship between Ahmed Johnson and Vader

Add a friendship between Ahmed Johnson and Faarooq

Add a dislike between Ahmed Johnson and Shawn Michaels

Add a hate between Ahmed Johnson and Vince McMahon

Add a hate between Ahmed Johnson and Jeff Jarrett

Add a friendship between Bradshaw and Brian Christopher

Add a friendship between Bradshaw and Scott Taylor

Add a friendship between Bradshaw and Jerry Lawler

Raise Chainsaw Charlie's charisma to 92

Add the following teams I forgot to add to data I sent you:

Dinsmore and Flanagan 10 exp, inactive Nick Dinsmore and Flash Flanagan
Lords of the Ring 60 exp, Rob Conway Nick Dinsmore active
Flanagan and Bash Man 7 exp, inactive Doug Basham and Flash Flanagan
Sawyer and Kavana 25 exp, inactive. Bart Sawyer and The Rock
Allied Powers 25 exp, inactive. British Bulldog and Lex Luger
Duggan and Slaughter, 15 exp, inactive Sgt. Slaughter and Jim Duggan.
Edited by Y2JFan111

• 1 month later...

Long overdue update: I've added some workers, and Y2Jfan111 sent me the tag team info, which I edited to my version of the update. By the time we're both done, maybe we can release two versions, as we differed on a few things (like whether to include certain people as workers or staff, and some of the stats).

Anyway... a big thanks to Y2Jfan111 for the vast majority of the tag team info (probably 70% of it at least).

Here is an updated version of the data, though it still needs a lot of work that I'm hoping to get done relatively soon:

Folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?57gs7w2qbidlb

Uploads: http://www.mediafire.com/?f2dts1ghc6k0oy5,s9zb3zzzggfgqco,nkt5cu5265kbhwf,l2c9nn6u425liof,8pr4fd5fx3q2v7n,xy040p8pifc3buy,n7rv1q3ukdsy554,a82nc70nsoqjbzg,7tmbce3x4j1spz3,dbb30a7ir3164vd,4bpsdln9stdstr1,c5rrb3fg7k9cew2

I'd like a second opinion on some of the relationships I think I've removed from the game but are still in Y2J's version, which has expanded on the relationships. Here are a few to start out with, and I'd just like to know if they should be included (keep in mind the game is January 1st, 1998):

Cactus Jack/Rocky Maivia - Friendship
Chris Benoit/Perry Saturn - Friendship
Chris Jericho/Bret Hart - Friendship

Meng/The Disciple - Dislike

Honky Tonk/Billy Gunn - Dislike

Debra/Steve McMichael - Love

Chris Benoit/Rey Mysterio Jr. - Friendship

Cactus Jack/Billy Gunn - Friendship

Cactus Jack/Bradshaw - Friendship

Cactus Jack/Faarooq - Friendship

Chris Jericho/Larry Zbyszko - Dislike

YES - Cactus Jack/Rocky Maivia - Friendship
YES - Chris Benoit/Perry Saturn - Friendship
YES - Chris Jericho/Bret Hart - Friendship

NO - Meng/The Disciple - Dislike

YES - Honky Tonk/Billy Gunn - Dislike

YES - Debra/Steve McMichael - Love

YES - Chris Benoit/Rey Mysterio Jr. - Friendship

YES - Cactus Jack/Billy Gunn - Friendship

YES - Cactus Jack/Bradshaw - Friendship

YES - Cactus Jack/Faarooq - Friendship

NO - Chris Jericho/Larry Zbyszko - Dislike

I can do more

Post them here or email me mhoover2005@yahoo.com

Also which wrestlers are you having trouble with to be staff or wrestler?

Edited by PhilaHitman

Well, I updated the relationships and have the tag teams finalized. Here's the data as it is right now:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/art8rmdztf68x/EWR_1998_Update_10.19.13

I'm going to be working on it more in the coming weeks, hopefully finishing up staff and moving onto the other areas. It's pretty close to completion now, so I'm quite pleased.

Thanks again for all your help, guys.

Add a friendship between Jim Cornette and Bobby Fulton

Add a friendship between Ric Flair and Kevin Greene

Add a friendship between Ric Flair and Steve McMichael

Add a friendship between Kevin Sullivan and Cactus Jack

Add a friendship between Kevin Sullivan and Sabu

Add a friendship between Kevin Sullivan and Arn Anderson

Add a friendship between Sabu and Ulf Herman

I would remove the love relationship between Steve and Debra McMichael, they divorced in 1998.

I thought that I had removed The Disciple/Meng dislike, my bad. It should be removed

Add the following Tag Teams:

Brookside and Cannonball 3 exp (Robbie Brookside and Cannonball Grizzly)
Liverpool Lads 23 exp (Robbie Brookside and Doc Dean)
Finlay and McDonald 7 exp (Fit Finlay and Drew McDonald)
Herman and McDonald 7 exp (Ulf Herman and Drew McDonald
McDonald and Brookside 7 exp (Drew McDonald and Robbie Brookside)
Herman and Eckstein 7 exp (Ulf Herman and Christian Eckstein)
Brookside and Regal 43 exp (Robbie Brookside and William Regal)
Samoan Swat Team 25 exp (Tonga Kid and Samu)
Samoan Swat Team II 25 exp (Tonga Kid and Fatu)
Finlay and Bradshaw 7 exp (Fit Finlay and Blackjack Bradshaw) Inactive
All inactive.
Add Mickey Doyle:

Piledriver (x2)

Non Wrestler
Heel
old school heel
brawl 35
tech 15
stiff 35
sell 53
over 22
charisma 56
att 85
behave 75
trainer high spots

Add team The Sensationals 75 exp (Al Snow and Mickey Doyle) Inactive.
Add Eric Freeze:

Powerslam (x2)

over 12
charisma 50
brawl 63
speed 34
tech 59
sell 70
stiff 30
att 78
behave 82
Face
old school face
Lower Midcard

Add team Jericho and Freeze 10 exp (Chris Jericho and Eric Freeze) Inactive.
Here are a couple of Gambler matches, I was wondering if you could provide stats for him? If you can do so, add him to WCW, opener.
Edited by Y2JFan111

Add a friendship between Jim Cornette and Bobby Fulton

Add a friendship between Ric Flair and Kevin Greene

Add a friendship between Ric Flair and Steve McMichael

Add a friendship between Kevin Sullivan and Cactus Jack

Add a friendship between Kevin Sullivan and Sabu

Add a friendship between Kevin Sullivan and Arn Anderson

Add a friendship between Sabu and Ulf Herman

I would remove the love relationship between Steve and Debra McMichael, they divorced in 1998.

I thought that I had removed The Disciple/Meng dislike, my bad. It should be removed

Add the following Tag Teams:

Brookside and Cannonball 3 exp (Robbie Brookside and Cannonball Grizzly)
Liverpool Lads 23 exp (Robbie Brookside and Doc Dean)
Finlay and McDonald 7 exp (Fit Finlay and Drew McDonald)
Herman and McDonald 7 exp (Ulf Herman and Drew McDonald
McDonald and Brookside 7 exp (Drew McDonald and Robbie Brookside)
Herman and Eckstein 7 exp (Ulf Herman and Christian Eckstein)
Brookside and Regal 43 exp (Robbie Brookside and William Regal)
Samoan Swat Team 25 exp (Tonga Kid and Samu)
Samoan Swat Team II 25 exp (Tonga Kid and Fatu)
Finlay and Bradshaw 7 exp (Fit Finlay and Blackjack Bradshaw) Inactive
All inactive.
Add Mickey Doyle:

Piledriver (x2)

Non Wrestler
Heel
old school heel
brawl 35
tech 15
stiff 35
sell 53
over 22
charisma 56
att 85
behave 75
trainer high spots

Add team The Sensationals 75 exp (Al Snow and Mickey Doyle) Inactive.
Add Eric Freeze:

Powerslam (x2)

over 12
charisma 50
brawl 63
speed 34
tech 59
sell 70
stiff 30
att 78
behave 82
Face
old school face
Lower Midcard

Add team Jericho and Freeze 10 exp (Chris Jericho and Eric Freeze) Inactive.
Here are a couple of Gambler matches, I was wondering if you could provide stats for him? If you can do so, add him to WCW, opener.

I think you did remove the Disciple/Meng relationship, but I put it back because I thought they hated each other based on a situation. What's your source?

Anyway, the Mongo/Debra thing is tricky. They were married as of Jan 1st, 1998, but I don't know exactly when they got divorced or when they stopped "loving" each other.

I put The Gambler in my latest release. Also, I'll have to add the rest of those workers. I've also got a backlog of lucha wrestlers to consider adding that were in AAA, CMLL, and Promo Azteca at the time.