EWB Terraria Server

Dan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, for people who are coming on next time we play this...there's not a whole deal of housing space left, to be fair. There is some room over at the right hand side just before the snow mountain which isn't too big but it should be enough for people to build a big place on. As I mentioned in the actual game, we might just have to build a big-ass hotel like thing, so people won't necessarily be able to have a house...but you could decorate your apartment >_>

Most of TEOL and I were doing (when we weren't building the loveshack) was digging down in the mine just to the left of our house. It goes pretty deep so you'll be able to find it pretty obviously, I guess.

Also, people need to watch out on either side of our little area, the Eater of Souls are pretty prevalent around there and they'll have a good go at you unless you have a bow or something to take them out with ranged attacks. That's all I can think of for future newbies, anyhoo.

The thing is with building up is that it impedes peoples movement when they're running on top of the houses which is quicker than opening and closing doors when going through the houses themselves. Not that people close doors.

But starting lower down and having rooms underground, I dunno, that just seems a bit odd to me. Like, my house was tall enough but I wanted to build a throne room and having one in the basement didn't feel right.

I'm as far right as we should be building and my plan is to keep going up with two rooms on each level, and a crafting/general area at the bottom and between each set of rooms.

Since the server is down now, I'm going through single player to get supplies.

Yeah, same. Hopefully I don't end up with a legion of Anvils again.

And I can see the issue with building up, but I'm not sure where else we can go. Might not end up being an issue though, to be fair...

Ok, I bought us a dedicated host but we are having a slight problem so I'm going to put the server back up on my PC for a couple of hours, then I'll try and get hold of the guy tomorrow and we can get it sorted :)

I won't be around for most of the evening tonight - but I'll be on, oh around the time that I showed up last not if not an hour or so late. Since it's going on a proper server now I'm sure it won't be an issue.

I have to say, I love how character progress can carry over from single to multi.