Pictures in Sport

TCO

Bourque with the Stanley Cup was amazing. Not sure why those pictures are any less relevant than a bunch of cyclists.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-u8xcbRGsC34/TcsRE5j7JxI/AAAAAAAAAGk/-EYdA67ionI/s1600/Bednarik.jpg

I was trying to find the one of Dick Butkus' torn-up hands, as that's an image I saw as a kid and never, ever forgot. But I found the Gifford/Bednarik one instead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

_58552905_graffiti.jpg

Story:

Graffiti was daubed at Newcastle United's ground hours after the St James' Park signs were removed.

On Thursday the letters were removed after November's announcement of the name change to the Sports Direct Arena.

The removal sparked anger among many fans and the words "St James" were written in white paint at the ground before being removed on Friday morning.

The club says the change is a temporary measure to "showcase" the sponsorship opportunity to "interested parties".

The graffiti was written on one of the walls at the ground below where one of the St James' Park signs had been.

Workmen later arrived to remove it.

Many Newcastle fans have said they will continue to call the ground St James' Park.

The club's managing director Derek Llambias has said stadium rebranding could generate up to £10m a year.