2012 MLB Games

The Buscher

The thread from last year's baseball games have long since been buried, so I figured I'd start a new one for the upcoming installments. Is anybody planning on getting either MLB 12 The Show or MLB2k12?

I'm very torn on whether or not to make the move to MLB 12. It seemed like a slam dunk decision last year when they were hyping up a major franchise rehaul for the next year...but now that the game is approaching it turns out they had to shelve the changes for another year. Changes to the CBA/Astros moving to the AL/new interleague play schedules/etc. can't be implemented until next year so they've pushed most of the franchise upgrades back. Ball physics have apparently been changed, but I'm really not sure I can justify a $60 upgrade. Might be better to adapt what I've done with Madden and go every other year.

As it is, I'm in the 4th year of my franchise mode and I don't know if I really want to start all over again just yet. I was able to progress through the years steadily by keeping my playing of full games to a minimum and for the rest I just start the game, fast forward to the 7th, and go from there. Even at that I go through long droughts of not playing because I get frustrated with it. At times I feel like games are pre-determined. I can almost sense when I'm going to blow a late lead before it even happens, and coincidentally I'll wind up getting rocked or, worse, I'll be unable to throw strikes for some reason even with pinpoint placement on the meter.

Anybody going to give the 2012 games a whirl?

I'm most definitely picking it up, as I do every year.

I'm really looking forward to the Diamond Dynasty mode. I'm sure it will need some major improvements, but it should be fun to mess around with. Hopefully the online is a little better than it has been in the past.

I haven't heard anything about The Show which is what I'd prefer. Is Diamond Dynasty for The Show? And if so, what is it?

I heard MLB2k12 isn't getting much improved because it's their last year making it, and the developers just don't care about the latest installment. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but like I said, I'd grab The Show anyway.

The fact that it's on Vita DOES look very tempting. I could actually foresee myself playing through an entire 162 game season with no simming using that. The fact that the Mets are going to be terribly ranked will only add to the fun as I attempt to mold them into a contender. Feel like I might cave in to my temptations by the time the game releases.

Will there be a demo for The Show? Didn't get it last year because I couldnt figure out how to hit with the sticks and didnt know if you could switch it somehow

You can switch it to the more classic "one button for power/one button for contact" swing. I still struggle hitting because I'm impatient and swing at the first or second pitch everytime. (Kinda like in real life... <_< .)

I've played The Show since 10, and it's fantastic. RTTS mode is a beast, but I suck at hitting and always use a pitcher.

I was getting better at hitting in 10. Then 11 changed it to the right stick, and I suck majorly. Just can't get it right. I'm hoping 12 fixes it, otherwise I'll be stuck only making pitchers myself. I do know they're adding PS Move support for the entire game in this version, so you can hit with the Move controller.

That's actually a really cool idea. I hope some guys win the contest with obscure pitchers.

Just had the Phillies down to their final strike in The Show only to surrender a 2 run, game-tying bomb. The home run was hit by a pinch hitter who was batting .125 on the year and somehow managed to hit a down and away (right in his cold zone) 98 MPH fastball out of the park. I hate this game. :(

Anybody get a chance o play MLB 2k12? I bought 2k11 and was really let down, it was pretty shitty. I heard they made some improvements but nothing earth shattering, just thought I'd get some first hand comments. Assuming anyone actually bought it...

Anybody get a chance o play MLB 2k12? I bought 2k11 and was really let down, it was pretty shitty. I heard they made some improvements but nothing earth shattering, just thought I'd get some first hand comments. Assuming anyone actually bought it...

I'll be picking it up within the next week whenever I get some down time from work. Anyone planning on playing this on XBL?

The Show is awesome this year. Nothing really huge changed, but I like how they never force you to use the new control schemes they come up with. The new ball physics are pretty cool as well. And it lets you install an extra 5 GB of data to your PS3(to make 10 GB total), which drastically decreases load time.